Smart Controller
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_wfflRZcEw68p
lvl.2
Flight distance : 526634 ft
United Kingdom

I have recently purchased the Smart Controller. having paid close to £600 I do find it annoying that I either have to cache maps or tether to my mobile phone. A good idea was for DJI to build a sim slot into the device. OK I get that we carry mobile phones, but what if like today I was on the coast and where I parked the car there was no mobile date, what then. I have looked at the cached maps the smart controller where you can just grab a little area whats that about, why not a whole country?
Does anyone have any quick tips regarding downoading maps? Thanks.
2021-5-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.

https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html
2021-5-7
Use props
djiuser_wfflRZcEw68p
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-7 01:28
Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.

Thanks for the info. I will do
2021-5-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_wfflRZcEw68p Posted at 5-7 05:43
Thanks for the info. I will do

You're welcome!
2021-5-7
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

You answered your own question.  If you are in an area without cellular coverage, you use uploaded maps.  Using your phone as a mobile hot spot gives you the full range of maps, where you are.  On another thread you can get a dongle to plug in USB slot.  Now you can pay for dongle and service with a provider.  I'll just do hot spot.
2021-5-13
Use props
PatG
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Bill in Ohio Posted at 5-13 11:45
You answered your own question.  If you are in an area without cellular coverage, you use uploaded maps.  Using your phone as a mobile hot spot gives you the full range of maps, where you are.  On another thread you can get a dongle to plug in USB slot.  Now you can pay for dongle and service with a provider.  I'll just do hot spot.

Cheers Bill, thanks for the confirmation.
2021-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules