FPV Sim for Android
2115 13 2021-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

Currently iPhone/IOS smartphones are less than 16% of the market share for smartphones.  So why did DJI publish the DJI FPV Drone simulator for a small minority of the users?  The other 84% of the smartphone users are begging DJI to release an Android version "for the rest of us" (an old Apple sales slogan).

2021-5-3
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Did you see this thread? You're not alone in wanting an Android sim.

Apparently there are non-DJI options for Android which are better than the one released by DJI on Apple.
2021-5-3
Use props
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

Duane Degn Posted at 5-3 12:43
Did you see this thread? You're not alone in wanting an Android sim.

Apparently there are non-DJI options for Android which are better than the one released by DJI on Apple.

Sorry, I didn't see that one.  Thanks.

Yes, I have Velocidrone, Liftoff, and DRL simulators.  But these don't have the DJI FPV drone, so physics aren't correct.  Nor do they respond to the controller switches/buttons so you can't really practice flying at home using the functions on the DJI controller.  These sims are all racing drone sims and do not have any "GPS" drones in them.  Nor do they have any Cinewhoops in them.  So flight behavior is not emulated such that proper muscle memory is developed.  The great thing about DJI Virtual Flight Sim is that the whole Drone/Controller/Goggles bundle is simulated so you can do "real world" practice.  All other sims just use the DJI controller like an Xbox controller so you may as well just use any rc transmitter or pc controller to fly non-DJI racing drones.  So I wouldn't compare them against DJI's solution in terms of practicality.  Although they do help a bit with getting used to FPV, even though you are looking at a monitor, not goggles/headset.
2021-5-3
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

rgp1942 Posted at 5-3 13:08
Sorry, I didn't see that one.  Thanks.

Yes, I have Velocidrone, Liftoff, and DRL simulators.  But these don't have the DJI FPV drone, so physics aren't correct.  Nor do they respond to the controller switches/buttons so you can't really practice flying at home using the functions on the DJI controller.  These sims are all racing drone sims and do not have any "GPS" drones in them.  Nor do they have any Cinewhoops in them.  So flight behavior is not emulated such that proper muscle memory is developed.  The great thing about DJI Virtual Flight Sim is that the whole Drone/Controller/Goggles bundle is simulated so you can do "real world" practice.  All other sims just use the DJI controller like an Xbox controller so you may as well just use any rc transmitter or pc controller to fly non-DJI racing drones.  So I wouldn't compare them against DJI's solution in terms of practicality.  Although they do help a bit with getting used to FPV, even though you are looking at a monitor, not goggles/headset.

LiftOff has a DJI FPV Drone Model that is pretty dead on. They are all better than the DJI Virtual Flight sim that does not feel like the FPV Drone at all. Virtual Flight is only good for basic muscle memory but does a poor job of emulating the real thing.
2021-5-3
Use props
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

KerryG Posted at 5-3 13:59
LiftOff has a DJI FPV Drone Model that is pretty dead on. They are all better than the DJI Virtual Flight sim that does not feel like the FPV Drone at all. Virtual Flight is only good for basic muscle memory but does a poor job of emulating the real thing.

This is great news!  I have upgraded to LO 1.3.11, and logged in with my LO pro account.  I don't find any DJI FPV Drone on the drone selection page, nor do I find it in the Steam Community Content.  How can I get the DJI FPV model?  If I can use this with my Windows Mixed Reality VR goggles that would be great!  My DJIFPV remote is showing and calibrating OK in LO.  Thanks!
2021-5-3
Use props
djiuser_lk8PCpxFn2DS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1667 ft
United States

From my experience, the best way to "simulate" the goggled FPV experience if you own a headset is to get  "Virtual desktop" or similar and play the game through that. Then you can try to scale the window to something close to that you get in the DJI goggles. Unless you have a really distracting desktop or unable to not look down at you hands while flying I would say give this a try. The truth is after like 5-10 mins in the sim start to gain tunnel vision.

DJI fpv drone
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2420432740

DRL you can find it in the game under workshop >> community and do a search there. I think its the DRL racer 4  with tweaked settings.

IMO both are good sims, I like DRL, but at the end of the day just fly a heavy drone in the sim and learn the basics of acro or leveled.
2021-5-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there rgp1942. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates and mobile device compatibilities for the DJI Virtual Flight Application. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2021-5-3
Use props
Avronaut
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53996 ft
Germany

Typical discussion. I don't want explanations for not needing DJI Sim. I want DJI not to ignore 84% of smart phone users and finally to offer an Android version
2021-5-4
Use props
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_lk8PCpxFn2DS Posted at 5-3 16:49
From my experience, the best way to "simulate" the goggled FPV experience if you own a headset is to get  "Virtual desktop" or similar and play the game through that. Then you can try to scale the window to something close to that you get in the DJI goggles. Unless you have a really distracting desktop or unable to not look down at you hands while flying I would say give this a try. The truth is after like 5-10 mins in the sim start to gain tunnel vision.

DJI fpv drone

DJI fpv drone: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2420432740

Got it.  Thanks!
2021-5-4
Use props
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

Has anybody tried running the IOS version of Virtual Flight using an IOS emulator on Android?
IOS Emulators for Android
2021-5-4
Use props
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

rgp1942 Posted at 5-4 09:52
Has anybody tried running the IOS version of Virtual Flight using an IOS emulator on Android?
IOS Emulators for Android

During flying at the field today I brought this topic up, and a guy in the know said it's because DJI has a contract with Apple, but not with Google.
2021-5-5
Use props
djiuser_aqGBkrzqid4h
New

United States

This is not a small thing at all. I bought the FPV because it was the best option for a complete newbie like me. The virtual flight was a big part of that decision. I don't own any apple products and don't expect I ever will. I have less than ideal eyesight and the goggles are great. I can't use any othe simulator with the goggles.
2021-5-6
Use props
bstshotcomcast.net
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40207 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can tell that dji has a thing for apple products. With all their products the lightning cable is always the one that is attached as the default cable. Things that make you go hmmm.

- BstShot
2021-5-6
Use props
fansf3fe1920
New

Germany

Really Bad move from DJI i Buy an Copter for Fpv Newbies and can't train in the Promoted Simulator
2022-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules