DJI Spark Active Track when alone
3961 6 2021-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
G4ut3
lvl.1
Norway

Can one use Active track when one are alone, and cannot man the controller/phone? For example if I wanna go skiing. I will need to put my RC/phone in a pocket, but when I tried this (and locked the phone) the drone wouldnt follow me. I didnt get the chance to test it properly due to the battery dying, so I'm asking here. Any ideas?

Thanks.
2021-5-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there G4ut3. Good day and thank you for reaching out. ActiveTrack allows you to mark and track a moving object on your mobile device's screen. No external tracking device is required. The DJI Spark can automatically identify and trace bikes and other vehicles, people and animals, and use different tracking strategies for each. In addition, I will post some information on how to properly use the ActiveTrack  functions. Thank you.

2021-5-3
Use props
G4ut3
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-3 21:09
Hello there G4ut3. Good day and thank you for reaching out. ActiveTrack allows you to mark and track a moving object on your mobile device's screen. No external tracking device is required. The DJI Spark can automatically identify and trace bikes and other vehicles, people and animals, and use different tracking strategies for each. In addition, I will post some information on how to properly use the ActiveTrack  functions. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank you for responding. However  I believe you misunderstood I'm wondering how to use active track while putting the RC or phone (whichever you use) in your backpack.
2021-5-3
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

An option is to buy Litchi app, there you can use follow me, which locked on your cellphone gps.
A video lag in track causes to kill the tracking (when phone is stored)
2021-5-4
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

Putting the RC and phone in a backpack blocks communication with the drone. If you could mount them on the outside of the backpack or on a helmet (and don't wipe out), it should work.
2021-5-5
Use props
G4ut3
lvl.1
Norway

Prairie Chicken Posted at 5-5 09:03
Putting the RC and phone in a backpack blocks communication with the drone. If you could mount them on the outside of the backpack or on a helmet (and don't wipe out), it should work.

Im quite sure that a backpack wont Block any microwave signals. But problem is that i cant lock my phone. Perhaps this is not possible..
2021-5-5
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi G4ut3,

For the sake of completeness: it is illegal in Norway to fly a drone without being in control at all times. One cannot be in control if the remote is in your backpack :-)
Have a friend to control your drone on the ski slope.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2021-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules