Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Any Idea Why My Mavic Air 2 Crashed
515 12 2021-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mickey1987
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95994 ft
Chile

Hello, I will tell you about the accident with my mavic air 2.

The day of the accident I recorded the mountain and everything worked ok, we got off the mountain for several minutes.
Upon reaching the base, change the battery and start recording again.

While recording, the message "Not enough power / ESC error" appeared and I started to descend , the drone was descend  well without any problem, but suddenly with 56% missing for the battery to discharge, the drone disconnected from the controller , I touched the RTH button and it does not work, from a distance I see how the drone falls uncontrollably and crashes to the ground, I try to recover it with the "Find my drone" function and I go to the indicated point and I cannot find anything apart from the place indicated where the it fell drone is not where ME I saw it fall, it does not emit noise or the lights flicker, it was completely turned off. I tried for several hours to find it going through the entire sector but we I could not find it. Thanks

Part 1 - https://app.airdata.com/share/PLWkyR
Part 2 - https://app.airdata.com/share/SrnYDq
Update - 1

The flight log was divided into two parts, I don't know why. If since I started flying I never landed and was always in the air.

Response from DJI

We understand your concern about losing connection, but we want to remind you that the remote connection of the aircraft can be interfered by the placement of antennas, outside sources and invisible interference. It doesn't actually indicate any product issue. Due to the interruption of the record, the cause for this incident was not recorded, but it was verified from the record that there was no malfunction found before the record was cut off. The aircraft was under your control and responded well, it worked normally before the flight record ended. That was the reason why we mentioned that the aircraft showed no signs of a manufacturing defect or malfunction during the whole flight. For your case, it's unable to locate the main reason according to the flight records you provided, we cannot explain the detail of the incident or rule out any possible speculation. As such, we provide a 30% discount for this case.

And we do understand that it's difficult to accept the result and solution. If we could help you get a higher discount, there is no reason why I don't do that for you. Sorry that the 30% off offer is already the best discount we can offer based on the analysis result while obeying the warranty policy.

DJI does not know what happened that the drone collapsed in mid-flight, I was on a hill where there is not even a telephone signal and there are no antennas, I would have liked to know the reason for its sudden fall.

2021-5-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I've noticed something very odd in your flight data.
Did you launch from the spot marked H on the Airdata map or from 520 metres further west where the yellow track line starts?
2021-5-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Flight log shows homeport at one location and flight path at a different spot, does not make sense.
2021-5-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mickey1987. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Air 2 and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened to the said DJI Drone before. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assist you further. We have a team that will do there best to assess the said DJI Drone and give out the best resolution for this issue. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-5-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Suren Posted at 5-3 21:05
Flight log shows homeport at one location and flight path at a different spot, does not make sense.

The flight data shows a full second of with the location where the home point was recorded and GPS Health of 5/5.
Then the location jumps 500 metres but the homepoint stayed unchanged.
I've not seen similar in flight data.
It might be nothing or it might be significant so I'd like to know more
2021-5-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Mickey,

Had a look at your flight too.

Baro height first record is already 154 meters, flying in N mode.
This means that the start of your flight is not in this log but in a previous one (on your device too)

At 0.9 secs in the log [actual 4m55s] this msg "Setting new Maximum Flight Altitude to 500m (1640 ft) | Setting new Return-To-Home altitude to 50m (164 ft)"Seen always in a new started log.

In this log at 0.9 seconds the distance to home is from 4.1 meter to 569 meter.
I have to see the previous log too, but as the this log started after (short) disconnect, or other reason to start new log, it took a short moment to get the distances to home correct in the log. So your disconnect was approx 569 meter away from your takeoff point.
This change in distances is also seen when he pilot does change the position of the HP. (don`t think you did that!)

So if you like upload the log before this one, so i can combine the 2 logs into 1 file for better understanding.

NotEnough Force 117 times in the log, this while asking on 4 sticks input, high amps to fullfill this power demand. But not the reason for a crash.
At the end of the file all values normal.

Find my drone uses the last coordinates when still connected to the RC/mobile device.So if it fell out of the sky at the last known flying position in a direct vertical line to earth, than the FindMyDrone position was correct.
But falling down from 395 meters baro height it can be in a wide circle around the last known position.....

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
2021-5-3
Use props
Mickey1987
lvl.1
Chile

Labroides Posted at 5-3 19:32
I've noticed something very odd in your flight data.
Did you launch from the spot marked H on the Airdata map or from 520 metres further west where the yellow track line starts?

I had not realized in that detail, I do not understand why the flight record was divided, the drone was in flight all the time. Now the second part is up.

2021-5-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mickey1987 Posted at 5-4 07:53
I had not realized in that detail, I do not understand why the flight record was divided, the drone was in flight all the time. Now the second part is up.

Hi Mickey,

Combined the 2 logs into 1.
At 4m46.3s in flight a short disconnect of 7.5 seconds, normally a flightlog will not split into 2 logs. But nothing to do with your loss.
Cannot see any reason, but mayby flying high ; cold temperature and icing icing on blades after power disconnect ?

You took 3 pictures end of the flight (last picture in last record), does the pictures show anything what can help ?

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
analysis2.png
analysis3.png
2021-5-4
Use props
Mickey1987
lvl.1
Chile

JJB* Posted at 5-4 08:02
Hi Mickey,

Can you upload the first part of this flight?

Hello, how update the post with the first part, thanks
2021-5-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mickey1987 Posted at 5-4 08:11
Hello, how update the post with the first part, thanks

see my update previous post  ;-=)
2021-5-4
Use props
Mickey1987
lvl.1
Chile

JJB* Posted at 5-4 08:02
Hi Mickey,

Combined the 2 logs into 1.

I couldn't find the drone and I gave it up for lost, the day the drone flew it wasn't that cold, it was even sunny.

Previous days I had flown in the same wind and much colder and the drone worked very well, I have seen that several people have lost the drone after the warning of  (Not Enough Force/ESC Error).
2021-5-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mickey1987 Posted at 5-4 15:21
I couldn't find the drone and I gave it up for lost, the day the drone flew it wasn't that cold, it was even sunny.

Previous days I had flown in the same wind and much colder and the drone worked very well, I have seen that several people have lost the drone after the warning of  (Not Enough Force/ESC Error).

We will never know what happend, must have been some kind of an electrical failure.
Apart from the NotEnoughForce errors, nothing out of the normal values end of the flight.
Battery cell values also normal till the end.

Sorry for your loss.

cheers
JJB
2021-5-4
Use props
CTT Channel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7843156 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Mickey1987 Posted at 5-4 15:21

Only DJI should know the real meaning of (Not Enough Force/ESC Error) message. Hope that they will come back to you with a better explanation. Not funny to see 1000 USD falling from the sky and crashing on the ground with no reason.
2021-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules