Newbie help!
328 8 2021-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RalphyCat
New

United Kingdom

Hi all

Total newbie to drones here, but really looking forward to learning more and getting into it!

I took my first video footage last weekend with my Mini2, but in some of the videos I was getting a lot of this image blur (I don't know what to call it). I have attached screenshots, and the video can be seen at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE76Ofv-yIA

If you watch from about 5:15 onwards you will see exactly what I mean!  Can anyone help with this and tell me what I'm doing wrong or what settings I need to change?

*Screenshots here:
http://totaltravelclinic.co.uk/drone/2.PNG
http://totaltravelclinic.co.uk/drone/3.PNG

Thanks so much in advance

2021-5-4
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Hi RalphyCat,

I don't call that image blur. That is distortion. On your video as well as on your pictures.

What kind of memory card are you using ?  Well, I presume that the images and video came from your memory card  and not from what is send to your phone?
It would appear to me as electromagnetic waves, like from a Wifi or broadcast beam, but your pictures seem all to be taken from the country side.

Did you format the memory card in your drone ?  Not on a pc ?

Try reformating the memory card in your drone. Try different memory card. Try another location.  This is not something you did wrong. It isn't image blur from moving to fast or a shutter speed to low.

2021-5-4
Use props
RalphyCat
New

United Kingdom

JohnDG Posted at 5-4 02:07
Hi RalphyCat,

I don't call that image blur. That is distortion. On your video as well as on your pictures.

Hi John

Thanks so much for the swift reply! Actually, I didn't realise that the drone came without a memory card so these videos are from what the drone sent to my phone. I have now bought a decent SD card but not had chance to test it because the weather here has turned to winter again

I guess you are saying I should try again and see what comes on the memory card?

Thanks
Ralph
2021-5-4
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

I've seen this type of distortion before on videos taken from iOS device cache. Image on SDCard should be fine.
2021-5-4
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2023829 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

RalphyCat Posted at 5-4 02:15
Hi John

Thanks so much for the swift reply! Actually, I didn't realise that the drone came without a memory card so these videos are from what the drone sent to my phone. I have now bought a decent SD card but not had chance to test it because the weather here has turned to winter again

Yeah this looks like bad cache footage. I do remember something similar with someone that had a slower phone that just couldn't keep up or something like that.

Hope SD card files are fine.
2021-5-4
Use props
RalphyCat
New

United Kingdom

Thank you all, will try with the SD card as soon as the weather improves
2021-5-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ralph. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. For additional reference kindly please try using a supported SD card on your DJI Mini 2 for compatibility and reliability purposes. Thank you.

2021-5-4
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

RalphyCat Posted at 5-4 02:15
Hi John

Hi Ralph,

if it's from the stream to your phone, it is interference of the signal. Putting your phone in airplane mode could help too. Some phones can interfere with the radio signal of the drone visual signal, especially of the wifi range.

Buy a decent memory card that is fast enough to record 4k video and you should be good.

Check the recomended memory cards in the specs section on the dji website.
https://www.dji.com/mobile/mini-2/specs
2021-5-4
Use props
Gif2D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 528478 ft
Romania

I have issues with one microSD card from a GoPro camera, so now I'm using a new one, with higher writing speed.
2021-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules