Prop Guards
2859 12 2021-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patdig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276099 ft
United States

Just curious. What is the purpose/reason of limiting the the distances a Maviv Mini may reach with prop guards. For myself, with the prop guards on, I see my Mini much better on overcast days. Gray on Gray.

2021-5-4
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I think it based on the added weight, which makes the aircraft heavier. This affects all aspects of how the drone will handle. Altitude, speed, duration will all be negatively affected. This is their way of putting some safety limits. Also Someone stated the prop guards are more for inside flight and learning. To improve visibility of the drone many have added decals with various colors & patterns.
2021-5-4
Use props
patdig
lvl.2
United States

videoeditman Posted at 5-4 10:39
I think it based on the added weight, which makes the aircraft heavier. This affects all aspects of how the drone will handle. Altitude, speed, duration will all be negatively affected. This is their way of putting some safety limits. Also Someone stated the prop guards are more for inside flight and learning. To improve visibility of the drone many have added decals with various colors & patterns.

Thank you.
2021-5-4
Use props
IrishD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140951 ft
Ireland

i don't have prop guards but i'd imagine they greatly reduce the drones wind resistance outdoors ?
2021-5-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just curious. What is the purpose/reason for using propguards outdoors on a Mavic Mini ?
The Mini is underpowered and has a tough enough time dealing with wind on it's own.
Propguards are big wind-catching sails that make it very easy to lose the Mini if it has to deal with wind.
2021-5-4
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

The extra weight of the prop guards on the drone will exhaust the battery faster. It will also give more friction and so slower speed. All this will affect the time needed to return in case of low battery and could cause loss of the drone when it hasn't the ability to return to the home point.
2021-5-4
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 5-4 15:34
Just curious. What is the purpose/reason for using propguards outdoors on a Mavic Mini ?
The Mini is underpowered and has a tough enough time dealing with wind on it's own.
Propguards are big wind-catching sails that make it very easy to lose the Mini if it has to deal with wind.

He said it was to improve visibility for him. He is trying to comply with the VLOS requirements I assume.
But a dark skin might work even better.... or a hi power strobe.

2021-5-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there patdig. Good day and thank you for these information you have posted. After installing the DJI Mini 2's propeller guards, the flight height, flight distance, and maximum flight speed will be limited. Kindly please pay attention to prompts in DJI Fly application. To ensure flight safety, the aircraft's recommended max service ceiling above sea level is 2000 m. Maintain visual line of sight of your aircraft even when using the propeller guards. In addition after installing the propeller guards, hover the aircraft until DJI Fly application indicates that the payload has been detected, and the payload mode is enabled. If the status of the payload mode in DJI Fly application does not match the actual situation, turn it on or off manually in the DJI Fly application. Thank you.
2021-5-4
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

Forget the propeller guards. With the low weight of the mini 2 you will be better off installing a strobe  on your machine and still stay under the 250g limit for extra visibility when flying.
2021-5-4
Use props
patdig
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-4 19:51
Hello there patdig. Good day and thank you for these information you have posted. After installing the DJI Mini 2's propeller guards, the flight height, flight distance, and maximum flight speed will be limited. Kindly please pay attention to prompts in DJI Fly application. To ensure flight safety, the aircraft's recommended max service ceiling above sea level is 2000 m. Maintain visual line of sight of your aircraft even when using the propeller guards. In addition after installing the propeller guards, hover the aircraft until DJI Fly application indicates that the payload has been detected, and the payload mode is enabled. If the status of the payload mode in DJI Fly application does not match the actual situation, turn it on or off manually in the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

Thank you for your input.
2021-5-5
Use props
patdig
lvl.2
United States

Thank you all for your comments...
2021-5-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

patdig Posted at 5-5 03:49
Thank you for your input.

Hi there patdig. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries or any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2021-5-5
Use props
Baliskies is a wanker
lvl.2

Australia

Instead of all these 'what ifs' and 'risks' has anyone actually TRIED and tested to see if/what the negative impact may be???
2021-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules