Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is it possible to adjust the DJI Mini 2 default speed?
15120 25 2021-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phan Điệp
lvl.1

Vietnam

Hello!
I found that the default speed of the DJI Mini 2 was quite fast (in Cine mode as well), which made my footage look not very cinematic, and In many cases, the drone moves too fast for the subject's speed. Can i adjust the Mini 2's default flight speed to decrease come down? Thanks everyone!

2021-5-4
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you talking about the forward speed only, or the yaw, roll, and/or camera tilt? You can adjust the those three in the app.
2021-5-4
Use props
Phan Điệp
lvl.1

Vietnam

GaryDoug Posted at 5-4 18:45
Are you talking about the forward speed only, or the yaw, roll, and/or camera tilt? You can adjust the those three in the app.

Yes, I'm talking about the travel speed (forward / backward) of the drone ...
2021-5-4
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Phan Điệp Posted at 5-4 18:47
Yes, I'm talking about the travel speed (forward / backward) of the drone ...

I don't know of any way to do that other than using a soft touch on the stick ;-)
2021-5-4
Use props
Phan Điệp
lvl.1

Vietnam

GaryDoug Posted at 5-4 18:53
I don't know of any way to do that other than using a soft touch on the stick ;-)

Thank you, if I lightly press the stick to fly slowly, it is difficult to keep my hand from shaking...
2021-5-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Phan Điệp. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As posted above you can adjust or control the forward and backward speed or your DJI Mini 2 by gentle moving the sticks of your DJI Mini 2 remote controller gently. Thank you.
2021-5-4
Use props
Phan Điệp
lvl.1

Vietnam

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-4 20:28
Hello there Phan Điệp. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As posted above you can adjust or control the forward and backward speed or your DJI Mini 2 by gentle moving the sticks of your DJI Mini 2 remote controller gently. Thank you.

Yes, thank for you answer, have a nice day!
2021-5-4
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

"Cine" mod of Mini 2 is simply broken. If I am not mistaken it is the fastest among the DJI drones for no apparent reason and it is not adjustable. Maybe they will fix it one day, maybe not...
2021-5-4
Use props
Phan Điệp
lvl.1

Vietnam

CemAygun Posted at 5-4 22:14
"Cine" mod of Mini 2 is simply broken. If I am not mistaken it is the fastest among the DJI drones for no apparent reason and it is not adjustable. Maybe they will fix it one day, maybe not...

Ha ha, yeah, I really hope they take note of this ...
2021-5-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As a little hack for slow flying,  rather then push the stick I put thumb on the comb at the base of the stick and use gently pressure there fly slowly,   because your not pushing the  stick you loose the average advantage so it doesn't need to be as gentle as on the sticks.
2021-5-5
Use props
Phan Điệp
lvl.1

Vietnam

DAFlys Posted at 5-5 00:02
As a little hack for slow flying,  rather then push the stick I put thumb on the comb at the base of the stick and use gently pressure there fly slowly,   because your not pushing the  stick you loose the average advantage so it doesn't need to be as gentle as on the sticks.

Yes, that a good idea, i'll try it, thank you
2021-5-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Phan Điệp Posted at 5-5 00:56
Yes, that a good idea, i'll try it, thank you

No probs Phan.    Report back how you get on.   
2021-5-5
Use props
IrishD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140951 ft
Ireland

I had an RC heli a few years ago that came with different length thumb-sticks for the controller.
the longer ones gave longer travel (depending on how u hold controls) and so less sensitivity to the controls.
I haven't seen anything on this on here so not sure if this is same with drones ?
2021-5-5
Use props
dji_MODDER
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

check drone-hacks.com, download the desktop version, you can modify your parameters for free, or go back to stock. (sport mode and normal mode)
2021-5-5
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

see also: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D766%26typeid%3D766
2021-5-5
Use props
Phan Điệp
lvl.1

Vietnam

videoeditman Posted at 5-5 10:04
see also: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=230782&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D766%26typeid%3D766

Well, that's probably a common problem for all Mini 2 users, thank you!
2021-5-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Phan Điệp Posted at 5-4 20:31
Yes, thank for you answer, have a nice day!

Hi there Phan Điệp. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries or any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2021-5-5
Use props
djiuser_rH3ZPAMJE4A9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77398 ft
Spain

For me The problem is solved if take off in normal mode and change to cinema mode on flight.
Take off in cinema mode does not work.
2021-5-12
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

maybe change parameters with dji assistant2?
2021-5-12
Use props
Phan Điệp
lvl.1

Vietnam

djiuser_rH3ZPAMJE4A9 Posted at 5-12 08:23
For me The problem is solved if take off in normal mode and change to cinema mode on flight.

I will try it, thank you very much
2021-5-12
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

djiuser_rH3ZPAMJE4A9 Posted at 5-12 08:23
For me The problem is solved if take off in normal mode and change to cinema mode on flight.

There is another thread on the forum discussing this exact issue, with an excellent video. In short, the mini 2 always takes off in Normal mode irrespective of the switch position, and will continue in Normal mode until the switch is moved to another mode.

Here's a link to that thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid2481830
2021-5-13
Use props
Phan Điệp
lvl.1

Vietnam

steamship Posted at 5-13 04:33
There is another thread on the forum discussing this exact issue, with an excellent video. In short, the mini 2 always takes off in Normal mode irrespective of the switch position, and will continue in Normal mode until the switch is moved to another mode.

Here's a link to that thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=242152&page=1#pid2481830

Oh, this is most likely my problem, I will try taking off in normal mode then switch to cine mode and see if the airspeed slows down again (I really hope this does). ), thank you very much!
2021-5-26
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

Phan Điệp Posted at 5-26 00:31
Oh, this is most likely my problem, I will try taking off in normal mode then switch to cine mode and see if the airspeed slows down again (I really hope this does). ), thank you very much!

It does fly slower in cine mode as opposed to normal but not by much. Users who are citing this as a problem want it to fly even slower with full stick forward or back.
2021-5-26
Use props
djiuser_KnZbxEkLMQ1M
New

United States

CemAygun Posted at 2021-5-4 22:14
"Cine" mod of Mini 2 is simply broken. If I am not mistaken it is the fastest among the DJI drones for no apparent reason and it is not adjustable. Maybe they will fix it one day, maybe not...

Cine smooth mode is actually the slowest for high speeds put your drone into sports mode on your controller through the little slider in the middle or do it in the app
2023-2-7
Use props
fans5f7e04f5
New

Israel

Here is a little trick i use….
Put on the drone plastic protective cage…
The drone will automaticly discover he is carry an extra unrecognised weight, which automaticly reduce the flight and corners speeds, and give you much more cinematic shots, yes its told that those 3rd part cages are not that safe for drone motors, but see the shots you get with them, and then judge me
3-20 12:24
Use props
Shawgod
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

fans5f7e04f5 Posted at 3-20 12:24
Here is a little trick i use….
Put on the drone plastic protective cage…
The drone will automaticly discover he is carry an extra unrecognised weight, which automaticly reduce the flight and corners speeds, and give you much more cinematic shots, yes its told that those 3rd part cages are not that safe for drone motors, but see the shots you get with them, and then judge me

Are you talking about the prop guards?
3-24 05:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules