Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-9 20:28
God some people on here just want to be nasty and have an argument

God some people on here just want to be nasty and have an argument
Would you rather everyone just join the cheer squad ?
It's hard when you've seen so many of these wish-videos before fortelling the impending arrival of a new drone that didn't show up for a year and didn't have all the fantasy features.
But when did injecting a little reality indicate a desire to have an argument?
What's the problem with others having a different opinion?

2021-5-10
Use props
djiuser_LVbds8ppiSfN
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The mini 3 rumours keeps coming up on my YouTube feed and they are doing my head in, but can't help to think there may be some truth in it though due to the upcoming competition. I purchased my Mavic Air, 2 years ago, spent a fortune extras and have only used it a dozen times and now I can't use it unless in the middle of nowhere, very frustrating.

Two weeks ago I decided to go ahead and buy a DJI Mini 2, I read that once they are CE marked then the maximum take off weight will apply, moving to a different class. As DJI Mini is a legacy drone under 250g, this will have the least restrictions indefinitely. The weather has been terrible in the UK the last few weeks and my drone is still in the box and have 14 more days to return, I want to keep the next one for at least 3 years.

I really want front obstacle avoidance and active track, and this seems likely but will it be CE marked as there is still time until the transition period ends in 2022?
2021-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_LVbds8ppiSfN Posted at 5-10 05:25
The mini 3 rumours keeps coming up on my YouTube feed and they are doing my head in, but can't help to think there may be some truth in it though due to the upcoming competition. I purchased my Mavic Air, 2 years ago, spent a fortune extras and have only used it a dozen times and now I can't use it unless in the middle of nowhere, very frustrating.

Two weeks ago I decided to go ahead and buy a DJI Mini 2, I read that once they are CE marked then the maximum take off weight will apply, moving to a different class. As DJI Mini is a legacy drone under 250g, this will have the least restrictions indefinitely. The weather has been terrible in the UK the last few weeks and my drone is still in the box and have 14 more days to return, I want to keep the next one for at least 3 years.

Ive just bought a Mini 2 fo exactly the same reason,  just incase they start marking the EU classification on them, I'm in the UK.

Ive also noticed that some other manufacturers have starting print 249g on their drones even though they weigh more.
2021-5-10
Use props
djiuser_LVbds8ppiSfN
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-10 23:56
Ive just bought a Mini 2 fo exactly the same reason,  just incase they start marking the EU classification on them, I'm in the UK.

Ive also noticed that some other manufacturers have starting print 249g on their drones even though they weigh more.
As a casual flyer im in no rush to buy a drone, more than happy with Mavic Air, especially in fcc mode, but not willing to pay for the a2cofc course for 18 months, then same thing again.

I can't see any insight regarding DJI marking new drones, and i find this really strange that non professional flyers are willing to part with hard earned cash for drones over 250g, just 18 months good use.

If DJI Mini 3/2S is not released this year, then I'm sure it will be released next year, still within the transition period; if there not CE/UK marked, they will sell so many in the Europe, but if they do mark them, who would be stupid enough to buy a drone over 250g, im sure DJI cant pick and choose which drones to mark up.

DJI Mini 2 was such a big step up from the 1st, in such a short space of time, the only features that anyone would really want is active track and obstacle avoidance, even at the cost of less flight time.

All speculation and no-one really knows what going on. I give up.
2021-5-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_LVbds8ppiSfN Posted at 5-12 06:43
As a casual flyer im in no rush to buy a drone, more than happy with Mavic Air, especially in fcc mode, but not willing to pay for the a2cofc course for 18 months, then same thing again.

I can't see any insight regarding DJI marking new drones, and i find this really strange that non professional flyers are willing to part with hard earned cash for drones over 250g, just 18 months good use.

You actually don’t want the mini 2/3 marked as it will be more restricted than an unmarked mini2 due to the change from weight to MTOM.  MIni2 is less than 250g but it’s MTOM is higher so you loose the fly over people freedom it currently has.
2021-5-12
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-12 06:53
You actually don’t want the mini 2/3 marked as it will be more restricted than an unmarked mini2 due to the change from weight to MTOM.  MIni2 is less than 250g but it’s MTOM is higher so you loose the fly over people freedom it currently has.

This has been discussed to death, I don't think DJI will state a MTOM greater than 250g for any new Mini drones 2, 3 or even 4 in the coming years, they clearly know the regulations and will comply with a MTOM of less than 250g for european markets of their popular mini series, this is just my opinion. So I don't think people need to worry about a CE marked Mini 2,3 or maybe 4. DJI will ensure they state the MTOM is <250g.

Anyway I hope your enjoying your Mini 2, I am, a great little drone.
2021-5-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 5-12 11:17
This has been discussed to death, I don't think DJI will state a MTOM greater than 250g for any new Mini drones 2, 3 or even 4 in the coming years, they clearly know the regulations and will comply with a MTOM of less than 250g for european markets of their popular mini series, this is just my opinion. So I don't think people need to worry about a CE marked Mini 2,3 or maybe 4. DJI will ensure they state the MTOM is

Doesn’t matter what they state, you can measure it.   

Did you not see Ian in London’s video?
2021-5-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This has been discussed to death, I don't think DJI will state a MTOM greater than 250g for any new Mini drones 2, 3 or even 4 in the coming years, they clearly know the regulations and will comply with a MTOM of less than 250g for european markets of their popular mini series, this is just my opinion. So I don't think people need to worry about a CE marked Mini 2,3 or maybe 4. DJI will ensure they state the MTOM is

It’s covered around the 15 minute mark.  And don’t confuse certified mtom of a plane to a drone.

2021-5-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Or they could just lie like the sg108

2021-5-12
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

DAFlys Posted at 5-12 11:56
Or they could just lie like the sg108

https://youtu.be/BIa2RgteQbc

LOLOLOL This was funny...
2021-5-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-9 20:28
God some people on here just want to be nasty and have an argument

Ahh Victor it sounds very much like you again….
2021-5-12
Use props
djiuser_LVbds8ppiSfN
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I tend to agree, they will say it not suitable to carry extra weight due to motors, and will exclude propeller guards, therefore 249g mtom; they are the manufacturers, I can't see this being disputed and it would be one of the most idiotic rules going if completely different rules apply for an identical drone due to a technicality, I'm sure the CAA will revisit that too.
2021-5-12
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

ON WAY,,,,,, ON WAY,,,, HURRY SEE IT NOW<<<<<<Mini 4 is now released!!! Please click my Video for information, like it, subscribe, ring my belll,......looser.
2021-5-12
Use props
NightThunder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

I think there will be a DJI Mini SNM30 released in 2028 that is designed to accompany the first Starship astronauts to land on Mars. Question is will the FAA impose a 400FT flight AGL limit and prohibit BVLOS wihout Remote ID on Mars? Enquiring minds want to know.
2021-5-12
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466752 ft
Chile

Bodkins Best Photography Posted at 5-9 14:33
A loser looking to get hits for his channel.

I reported it as spam in YOUTUBE
2021-5-13
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 5-10 04:24
God some people on here just want to be nasty and have an argument
Would you rather everyone just join the cheer squad ?
It's hard when you've seen so many of these wish-videos before fortelling the impending arrival of a new drone that didn't show up for a year and didn't have all the fantasy features.

Priceless.
2021-5-13
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Arminius Posted at 5-13 18:13
I reported it as spam in YOUTUBE

Did you now that was very brave
2021-5-13
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

The youtubers-for-profit are limited in what they can test, review, etc .... but they need content to make money.  Quality goes out the door, and you get fluff pieces.
Really wish this forum would not allow youtube links to be embedded.
2021-5-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hunterws Posted at 5-14 14:12
The youtubers-for-profit are limited in what they can test, review, etc .... but they need content to make money.  Quality goes out the door, and you get fluff pieces.
Really wish this forum would not allow youtube links to be embedded.

How then would people post their drone fottage
2021-5-16
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-16 22:00

skypixel is a decent resource
2021-5-17
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

carefree1969 Posted at 5-8 07:53
Agreed, life is too short.  However, had the mini 2 been released last week or last month then I’d 100% be buying it.  The fact that it’s been out a while now puts me off, so I’d rather wait until the release of the 3.  It’ll be a better drone, why wouldn’t I wait

Because tomorrow is not guaranteed.
2021-5-17
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

RE: Click-Bait YouTube Video

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-16 22:00

"How then would people post their drone fottage"

Often a YouTube video perfectly answers someone's forum question. I've posted lots of these sorts of YouTube video links (none to my own channel).

I also think it's fun to see other people's flight footage.

I'm certainly not a fan of click bait video/forum titles but there are plenty of legitimate reasons to post YouTube video links on the forum.
2021-5-17
Use props
shadeofblue
lvl.2

Argentina

maybe is really coming https://twitter.com/OsitaLV/status/1394296711435014144?s=20
2021-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

shadeofblue Posted at 5-18 06:41
maybe is really coming https://twitter.com/OsitaLV/status/1394296711435014144?s=20

More pics here - https://dronexl.co/2021/05/17/ne ... nd-bodywork-photos/
2021-5-18
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 5-5 13:50
Points are earned for contribuitions, your points can be exchanged for money credits. Thats why we get so much back slapping thanks, more money credits. You need to look into this. Its lucritive.

60 posts/responses for 1$ is not that lucrative if you ask me but it's better than a kick in the butt lol !
2021-5-19
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

I so regret buying the mini 2 and the mini . Definitely not gonna touch a mini 3 ! Now Mini FPV would be interesting !
2021-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneJunkieQc Posted at 5-19 03:36
I so regret buying the mini 2 and the mini . Definitely not gonna touch a mini 3 ! Now Mini FPV would be interesting !

Im very pleased with the Mini 2,  its a good companion for the M2P.
2021-5-19
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 5-19 23:17
Im very pleased with the Mini 2,  its a good companion for the M2P.

I bought mine as a companion to the Air2 Thinking it was going to be compatible with the smart controller , I can't go back to fiddling with phones anymore. I always prefer the MA2 because it's two power buttons and your off. If they don't update smart controller with mini2 compatibility I'm through with the mini series.
2021-5-20
Use props
djiuser_LVbds8ppiSfN
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Interesting new information on a possible Mini 3/2S, photo of dji drone shell about the size of a phone, there's a further link on this website to a Chinese forum which needs translation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.techadvisor.com/news/gadget/dji-mini-3-3804793/%3famp
2021-5-20
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 295161 ft
Germany

sounds interesting!
2021-5-23
Use props
djiuser_LVbds8ppiSfN
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks, that's what it's all about!
2021-5-23
Use props
DJI_MAVICSERIES
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_LVbds8ppiSfN Posted at 5-10 05:25
The mini 3 rumours keeps coming up on my YouTube feed and they are doing my head in, but can't help to think there may be some truth in it though due to the upcoming competition. I purchased my Mavic Air, 2 years ago, spent a fortune extras and have only used it a dozen times and now I can't use it unless in the middle of nowhere, very frustrating.

Two weeks ago I decided to go ahead and buy a DJI Mini 2, I read that once they are CE marked then the maximum take off weight will apply, moving to a different class. As DJI Mini is a legacy drone under 250g, this will have the least restrictions indefinitely. The weather has been terrible in the UK the last few weeks and my drone is still in the box and have 14 more days to return, I want to keep the next one for at least 3 years.

Yep same here i have an entire play list of mini 2 and 3 leaks i can stop thinking about it
2021-7-20
Use props
shadeofblue
lvl.2

Argentina

djiuser_LVbds8ppiSfN Posted at 5-20 18:22
Interesting new information on a possible Mini 3/2S, photo of dji drone shell about the size of a phone, there's a further link on this website to a Chinese forum which needs translation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.techadvisor.com/news/gadget/dji-mini-3-3804793/%3famp

i think that chinese blog talk about Mavic 3 and not Mini3, probably a mistake in the translation, that pic of the size of a phone looks like the the upper shell of Mavic 3 Pro.
With chip shortage they probably won't release a mini 3 this year
2021-7-20
Use props
djiuser_jNcSwhSvSI1q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199810 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-10 02:25
Indeed Bigplumbs.   best just to ignore them.

What? I've already gone through 2 buckets of popcorn!
2021-7-22
Use props
GregT.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 445971 ft
Netherlands

carefree1969 Posted at 5-5 11:34
I’ll bet you that the mini 3 will be released before Christmas this year.  I bet I’m not wrong.

And I'll bet you will turn out to be wrong.

I agree with the previous poster - A DJI mini 3 is planned for 2022 not 2021.
2021-7-27
Use props
GregT.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 445971 ft
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 5-9 08:30
Ahh I don’t know about that, if things follow suit it wont be Mini3, it will be Mini 2S , Dji seem to now understand that introducing these multiple versions of a single model is popular just now, its happening a lot in tech phones etc. I think dji might try to get this released for summer or at least late summer and leave it well placed for Christmas Market.

Most of us are marketing Men’s dream, its great Fun

IMHO the Mavic Mini S was only released to turn back the 'mistake' they have made to open up the SDK and which showed the true potential of the Mini.

DJI wants to keep up as much features into its sleeve to either release a Mini Pro or the Mini 3.
Too many people where still buying the original Mini as it could be used with 3rd party apps and through which it offered too many features to DJI's liking.
2021-7-27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 07:04
More pics here - https://dronexl.co/2021/05/17/new-dji-mavic-3-top-shell-and-bodywork-photos/

Don't you guys read...

QUOTE:

Below the all-new top cover, the Mavic 3 also gets a redesigned framework. This definitely isn’t the Mini 3. It is way too big for that
2021-7-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

GregT. Posted at 7-27 05:10
IMHO the Mavic Mini S was only released to turn back the 'mistake' they have made to open up the SDK and which showed the true potential of the Mini.

DJI wants to keep up as much features into its sleeve to either release a Mini Pro or the Mini 3.

I think most likely mini 3 for Xmas market . But M3P before that...
2021-7-29
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

I rather wait for the MINI 6SE, it comes with Fluxgenerator and estimatet flighttime of 69 hours, besides that, it comes with IR camera and follow me over 2,2 miles.
Estimatet start weight approx. 121,6 kilogram.   
Release 2Q 2044.
2021-7-29
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

I also think all the stuff that has been leaking the past months is a Mini 3 with OA sensors, no way it's the Mavic 3. Battery in the back, small factor, only two OA sensors in the front (MA2S has 4 already), etc.

Also, the Enterprise Advance is still the same as the M2, so doubt is any M3 at all till 2022.
2021-7-29
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules