563 5 2021-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
curious_newbie
New
Flight distance : 74518 ft

Mexico

Hello everyone.

I work at a small bussiness that uses a Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 for photogrammetry. Last thursday, a coworker of mine was using the drone to take some photos of a finished installation. On the process of landing, at about 1 m AGL, the drone just shut off and crashed to the floor. Besides some scratches, the drone doesn't seem to have suffered damage. But I would like to know the cause of this incident so we can prevent it on the future.

I don't actually fly the drone, but was assigned the task of researching this topic. I'm a total newbie on this subject. Following a guide on this forum, I've managed to extract the DJI GO and .DAT logs. I've talked to DJI support about this, but they said that since the drone is out of warranty, they would have to charge me $65 for the data analysis.

I was wondering if someone could provide some guidance on this matter. Here are the logs: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/VP75T8S93TX7F4GOCYO9/

I've noticed that the data records just stop when the drone is at 3.6 ft of VPS altitude and, at that point, the cell #3 of the battery has an important deviation. Could that be the cause of the sudden shutdown? Are there any other things I should consider?

Thanks for your time.

2021-5-5
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I think that cell was the problem, did he preheat the battery before being used?
2021-5-5
Use props
curious_newbie
New
Flight distance : 74518 ft

Mexico

JetSam Posted at 5-5 08:15
I think that cell was the problem, did he preheat the battery before being used?

He didn't. Was it necessary? The temperatures on the zone are usually hot. I'd say higher than 30 °C (86 °F).
2021-5-5
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

curious_newbie Posted at 5-5 08:41
He didn't. Was it necessary? The temperatures on the zone are usually hot. I'd say higher than 30 °C (86 °F).

Then it must be the cell deviation
2021-5-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

the cell #3 of the battery has an important deviation. Could that be the cause of the sudden shutdown? Are there any other things I should consider?

You need to have a freshly charged battery each time you fly.
This one was very low when you started.
If it's been sitting around and discharging, thebattery  % indicator gives a false reading.
Also, critical low voltage per cell is 3.3 volts.
Cell three was already there in only 30 seconds under the load of launching and far below 3.3 volts for most of the flight.
It might be that cell 3 is damaged or perhaps just that the battery was very discharged.
Try again (carefully) with a freshly charged battery and see what cell values are.
At the start of the flight it should be about 4.2 volts.
2021-5-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there curious_newbie. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 and thank you for reaching out.  Since this unfortunate incident happened to the said DJI Drone . It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assist you further. We have a team that will do there best to assess what happened to the said DJI drone and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules