Fly App cannot be installed in an android version 9 OS
1064 7 2021-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VF-1 Valkyrie
lvl.1

Philippines

I have a new MAVIC AIR 2 set. I was able to set up everything until I arrived in the part where I will install the DJI FLY app. I read the manual, it says it needs a minimum Adndroid 6.0 version of Operating system. I have version 9 and fully upadeted OS. Why is it that the app won't get installed? Please DJI help me on this since I won't be buying a new celphone just for the drone use. If only I had new it from the start then I wouldn't buy this at all.  I hope anyone can help me on this. I bought this for my research and documentation purposes in my work. It it really made me sad right now and most of all my actions are limited due to lockdown because of pandemic. I hope we can use the drone ASAP. Thank you to those who can reply and help me out  of ths trouble.
2021-5-5
Use props
VF-1 Valkyrie
lvl.1

Philippines

Is there any other app we can use for MAVICI AIR 2 PRO? since we really have to do a monitoring for the research of the students. Please help us. thank you.
2021-5-5
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

There is no "PRO" for the Air 2 or Air 2S. The Fly app requires a 64 bit OS, 64 bit  hardware with a 32 bit OS is not compatible with this app. You didn't mention what device you are trying use but you can look it up here to see if it's in the compatible or incompatible listing.

The Best DJI Fly Compatible Devices And Troubleshooting
2021-5-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there VF-1 Valkyrie. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As posted above by Pappy3 the DJI Fly application needs to have a 64 bit OS, 64 bit hardware. May we know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? In addition I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

2021-5-5
Use props
VF-1 Valkyrie
lvl.1

Philippines

VF-1 Valkyrie Posted at 5-5 17:17
Is there any other app we can use for MAVICI AIR 2 PRO? since we really have to do a monitoring for the research of the students. Please help us. thank you.

sorry its MAVIC AIR 2.
2021-5-5
Use props
VF-1 Valkyrie
lvl.1

Philippines

Pappy3 Posted at 5-5 18:44
There is no "PRO" for the Air 2 or Air 2S. The Fly app requires a 64 bit OS, 64 bit  hardware with a 32 bit OS is not compatible with this app. You didn't mention what device you are trying use but you can look it up here to see if it's in the compatible or incompatible listing.

The Best DJI Fly Compatible Devices And Troubleshooting

I get it, I have 32bit OS that's why it can't be installed.
Thanks for the info Pappy3.
2021-5-5
Use props
VF-1 Valkyrie
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-5 20:43
Hello there VF-1 Valkyrie. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As posted above by Pappy3 the DJI Fly application needs to have a 64 bit OS, 64 bit hardware. May we know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? In addition I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks DJI Stephen, maybe the reason even if I have version 9 of android but I have only 32bit OS so it is still not compatible.  It's the sad reality in this situation right now.
2021-5-5
Use props
VF-1 Valkyrie
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-5 20:43

[view_image]

I guess it's time to invest in new android phones in order for the drone to work efficiently.  So sad I can't even use the drone now.
2021-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules