dji mini 2 compatibility
1563 2 2021-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michalob
lvl.1

Czechia

Hello,
I have a issue with my brand new DJI MINI 2, once I plug it in to my phone (Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T) that seems to be in compatible devices for DJI MINI 2(REDMI Note 8 models are in list in https://www.dji.com/cz/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly) I get the message in DJY Fly(1.4.0) app that RC is not connected to mobile device.

I know there are couple of threads about this issue but it seems that nothing that was suggested there was helpfull.
-USBC connector is not iun dummy port
-as it is usbc to usbc I tried to change direction of cable to phone, it did not helped at all
-tried to switch USBC cable
-tried to allow USB debbuging on phone-phone have 64 bit operating system
-tried to turned on all devices in all possible combinations
-tried to reinstall the app couple of times
-drone and controller is connecting to each other flawlessly
-controller is working with my girfriend's phone Huawei P30 Lite flawlessly
-with Huawei I was able to instal last update on controler
-on my Xiaomi I have Android version 10 on my phone, same on Huawei that is working
-tried to restart my phone couple of times
-ports on phone and controller detect other devices and are detected by other devices without any problem(pc, Huawei phone, chargers)
-tried to remove all permitions given to app and add them with another start of app without success
I don't want to send the drone back because I don't think that there will be an issue with this exact one, I am checking with you in case that there is something else I can try.
I was about to try downgrade of Android version to 9 but as it is working with Huawei with same Android version it seems pointless.
I would like to have your opinion before I buy another phone

2021-5-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Michalob. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you.
2021-5-6
Use props
IrishD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140951 ft
Ireland

the part of the manual regarding connection to phone it says if you get a USB connection prompt on your phone, make sure u select 'Charge only'

did u get a prompt ?
2021-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules