9364 14 2021-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic2018
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1544065 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Did my first flight today with my MAir 2S and during the flight a warning popped up that said ' Motor Error - Check propellors and fly with caution'.  I landed immediately and double-checked that the props were installed correctly and they were.
This is the exact error warning: Motor error. Check propellers and fly with caution (Code: 30163)

This warning popped up about 4 times during my flight - should I be concerned ??

2021-5-6
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

Seems strange, I would be concerned. Did you buy care refresh?
2021-5-6
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

JimDandy Posted at 5-6 01:34
Seems strange, I would be concerned. Did you buy care refresh?

Sure did, i only got the drone this week and as stated, it was my first flight.
2021-5-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mavic2018. I am sorry fro the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to check if your propellers are placed properly and try a test flight to see if the error message will sill show? If the error message shows on your future flights it would be best to contact our DJI Support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-5-6
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-6 02:39
Hello there Mavic2018. I am sorry fro the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to check if your propellers are placed properly and try a test flight to see if the error message will sill show? If the error message shows on your future flights it would be best to contact our DJI Support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. Thank you and fly safe always.

Blades were definitely installed correctly, having been a Mavic 2 Zoom flyer for the past 3 years and never seen that warning before. I landed, double-checked the blades, even removing each one and reinstalling.  Did another flight and the pop warning message appeared again.
2021-5-6
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

The error message as shown in Airdata
2021-5-6
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

I recall a few similar issues from earlier threads, so maybe check the following...
- Any strange motor noises when idle on the ground?
- Do the motors feel smooth when turning?

Obviously fly with caution and keep an ear & eye out on anything strange on the first few flights.
2021-5-6
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

RobZilla Posted at 5-6 05:06
I recall a few similar issues from earlier threads, so maybe check the following...
- Any strange motor noises when idle on the ground?
- Do the motors feel smooth when turning?

Thanks RobZilla,

Having only had the drone for 2 days and subsequently only done 1 or 2 short flights, I really havent noticed anything unusual.  It is a bit un-nerving to see that pop up warning though.
2021-5-6
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Maybe the log would tell which motor/ prop may be giving the errors. I think this might end up being be a DJI return, sorry!  
2021-5-6
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Update -09May21 -  swapped out all propellors and installed a new set - no motor errors since.
2021-5-9
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Mavic2018 Posted at 5-9 05:01
Update -09May21 -  swapped out all propellors and installed a new set - no motor errors since.

Have you tried putting the other propellers back again. It would be interesting to know if you get the error back again. If you get the error back, can you see any warping or other things on the props compared to the one that works. Just interested to know how sensitive this issue is.
2021-5-9
Use props
djiuser_us5XHwwv1pnL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 537812 ft
Croatia

i got the same error on Mini 2 after i changed damaged propellers, but it happens only in sport mode with full trottle... got that error 5 times in first flight with new props, and day after it just stop... today, after fly app update i flew and it happened again, but just once... i never got that error in cine or normal mode... is it just app bug or what?
2021-10-24
Use props
fansa6846a56
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62877 ft

United Kingdom

djiuser_us5XHwwv1pnL Posted at 2021-10-24 04:04
i got the same error on Mini 2 after i changed damaged propellers, but it happens only in sport mode with full trottle... got that error 5 times in first flight with new props, and day after it just stop... today, after fly app update i flew and it happened again, but just once... i never got that error in cine or normal mode... is it just app bug or what?

Did you only get an error or did you also hear the drone make a strange sound? I have the same issues, new set of propellers on the way currently for my Dji Mini 2. Check out this video, this is what it sounds like for me (this is my video): https://youtu.be/9HwH5yxeWMk
2022-3-8
Use props
JordiC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6215745 ft
Spain

Same problem as described here. Error motor code 30163 and 22s after that message RTH activated but drone losse control and error in IMU code 30002 activated several times, finally crashed due this error.
Note that was a replacement unit received 3 days ago with only 5 flights and new propellers correctly installed...no strange sounds and movements in that flights...

Maybe a motor fabrication issue?
2022-7-12
Use props
NobodyImportant
lvl.2
Flight distance : 355030 ft
United States

I had this issue pop up on a fresh out of the box Air 2s tonight.  I replaced the props, issue gone.  Put the first ones back on, error is back.  At least my issue was related so some apparently bad props.  
2022-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules