Unstable drone video inside
1007 4 2021-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kopterue
lvl.1

Serbia

So i've purchased my drone like 2 months ago and i thought everything was ok untill during my flights i noticed sometimes it doesnt follow direct line but rather turns a bit to the left/right when trying to move straight... I thought its pilot error as i was new to flying but then i tried DJI mavic air 2 and i noticed huge difference in stability and flight. My friend told me to put drone up and to watch it if it stays steady in the spot and i noticed that it was very very unstable. Sometimes when i let it sit in one spot for few moment (without touching controller) it starts to narrow left and right as i was in ATTI mode. I recorded a video to show you how it looks like without touching controller.

Keep in mind i callibrated all 3 attributes (compas, IMU, controller) and i had 10 signal on GPS. There was no wind sign at the moment of recording.

Sometimes its even worse then on this video and it sometimes goes even more to left/right.. It acts very unstable! Sometimes following straight line works but sometimes it loses focus and changes angle a bit to the right/left...

What can i possibly do?

2021-5-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there kopterue. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know before this issue happened if your DJI Phantom 4 Pro had a hard landing or a crash before? In addition, can you please try to fly the said DJI drone in a different location with less interference to see if there would be some changes? Also, please try to check whether you are currently using the most recent firmware as well. If not, kindly please update the said DJI drone's firmware to it's latest version for us to isolate the said issue. Thank you.
2021-5-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

It may be affected by that big wrought iron gate it is hovering over, or perhaps you took off from the concrete in the back ground, which may have re-inforcement steel in it.
2021-5-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What can i possibly do?

Understand the limits of the drone's ability.
Some minor position holding variation is unavoidable.
Here's an important detail from the specs:

Hover Accuracy Range   
Vertical:
±0.1 m (with Vision Positioning)
±0.5 m (with GPS Positioning)
Horizontal:
±0.3 m (with Vision Positioning)
±1.5 m (with GPS Positioning)
2021-5-7
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

Do not update till the problem has been investigated further. Try it with the sensors turned off. That is how mine flies over beach sand or water. I have to turn the sensors off.
2021-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules