Maps and other icons missing from Fly
565 9 2021-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KiloHertz
lvl.1

United States

HI Everyone,

When I have my phone connected to the goggles and Fly running, I can see video but no icons including the map.  Is this normal behavior?

Thanks!
2021-5-6
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

That is normal, unfortunately. There have been many requests for more info/controls on the app but so far nothing happened.
2021-5-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, KiloHertz. Thanks for reaching out! Yes, it is normal as the DJI Fly doesn't support OSD when used with the DJI FPV.
2021-5-6
Use props
KiloHertz
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-6 23:42
Hi, KiloHertz. Thanks for reaching out! Yes, it is normal as the DJI Fly doesn't support OSD when used with the DJI FPV.

Ok thanks for confirmation that I'm not missing anything.

It would seem to be an important feature to have a GPS based map while flying a GPS enabled drone with a very long range.  Often pilots are cruising around unfamiliar areas and it's easy to get disorientated in unfamiliar terrain.  While we can initiate RTH it would seem that's not optimal and in some situations the forced altitude change may be an issue.

The Fly app seems to have GPS map capabilities for other drones, will we get this eventually on the FPV?  At minimum an indicator showing alignment to home would be better than nothing.
2021-5-7
Use props
KiloHertz
lvl.1

United States

KiloHertz Posted at 5-7 05:03

It would seem to be an important feature to have a GPS based map while flying a GPS enabled drone with a very long range.  Often pilots are cruising around unfamiliar areas and it's easy to get disorientated in unfamiliar terrain.  While we can initiate RTH it would seem that's not optimal and in some situations the forced altitude change may be an issue.

I just tried the RTH and noticed that there is a H for home indicator displayed in the goggles.  The map would still be a good thing to have but this certainly helps.
2021-5-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

KiloHertz Posted at 5-7 05:03

We understand the importance of this function to you and other users and we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI FPV.

Thank you for your continued support and for choosing DJI!
2021-5-7
Use props
SashaLAS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192520 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

Make a card with glasses! It is not possible to fly without a map!
2021-5-10
Use props
randomfpv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 206857 ft
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2021-5-6 23:42

Hi, I bought this drone on the premise that it was able to use the map. Commercial FPV in Australia requires this.
It is shown here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU1PxrmazLA&ab_channel=NURKFPV
Why doesn't it work now?
Please make it work or accept this drone as a return ASAP because commercially it is useless to our production capability.
2022-1-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

randomfpv Posted at 1-6 06:02
Hi, I bought this drone on the premise that it was able to use the map. Commercial FPV in Australia requires this.
It is shown here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU1PxrmazLA&ab_channel=NURKFPV
Why doesn't it work now?

Hi, randomfpv. We fully understand your feeling. Please kindly know that we have never promised that FPV supports map functions. But we will still transfer your concern to the relevant engineer, hope we could provide more choices to optimize the usage of the FPV.
2022-1-7
Use props
randomfpv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 206857 ft
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-7 00:18
Hi, randomfpv. We fully understand your feeling. Please kindly know that we have never promised that FPV supports map functions. But we will still transfer your concern to the relevant engineer, hope we could provide more choices to optimize the usage of the FPV.

Every single other drone you produce does and uses the same software. Its why I have an Inspire 2, a Mavic 2 Pro and an Air 2S, I honestly expected this to be at least basically the same.
2022-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules