Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Got a DJI Phantom 3 Professional, made some -VIDs-
1362 19 2015-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nickt916
lvl.2
Flight distance : 215915 ft
United States

Sadly after about 2 weeks of having the Phantom 2 i have decided to jump on the Phantom 3 Pro, and im glad i did, Sure its more expensive, but i think you get WAY more for your buck. Anyone else thinks so? I want able to get any nice videos just yet, but here are a few videos i made around my house. As i go different places ill try to get some nice videos.

For fun i wanted to try and do a little roof inspection and see how well it sees things on it, i was very impressed with it and i think this would work great for a lot of inspectors out there.

YouTube-Channel
FaceBook-Page

2015-7-18
Use props
nickt916
lvl.2
United States

Did a distance test with my Phantom 2 and Phantom 3 ... did not think the advertised numbers on the P3 were true, but im now a believer!!!!

YouTube-Channel
FaceBook-Page

2015-7-18
Use props
nickt916
lvl.2
United States

had some free time around Golden Gate at SF

YouTube-Channel
FaceBook-Page

2015-7-20
Use props
nickt916
lvl.2
United States

had some more flying fun

2015-7-29
Use props
nickt916
lvl.2
United States

my daughter wanted me to chase her around the yard with the drone, we had fun times

2015-7-29
Use props
timswimm
DJI team

Hong Kong

obviously P3P is much better product, even though it cost more
2015-7-29
Use props
Willie Wonka
First Officer

United States

You got a nice style keep it up and get making videos
2015-7-29
Use props
nickt916
lvl.2
United States

a friend of my stopped by, so i told him to drive down the street ill try to follow him, it was a bit harder than i thought, trying not to hit the trees and keeping the car in the shot. My Ipad Mini 2 was tweaking out and video was stuttering, it was getting pretty hot, plus it was about 105 degrees out. I think i should upgrade to an ipad air 2 so it can handle the video view much easier and not stress itself out to much, anyways, enjoy the car following video

2015-8-1
Use props
nickt916
lvl.2
United States

Thanks Guys!
2015-8-15
Use props
nickt916
lvl.2
United States

Had some fun in SF beach by the Cliff House, was trying to get a few surfers but the waves werent all that great, still was a fun time

2015-8-15
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

nickt916,

Your flying skills are great!

Unfortunately using the Phantom 3 for a roof inspection would be considered a commercial operation if you were charging for the service.  It's perfectly legal but it requires the operator to get a Sport Pilot's license and file for an FAA 333 Exemption for the quad.  Not saying you can't do it.  Just saying there are FAA regulations in place that should be followed for commercial use.
2015-8-15
Use props
AerialLens
lvl.4

United States

Nick - Those are great shots!

So, I am really bummed out to tell you - unless you have some weird rare kind of special "okay" from the bridge authority - you are way illegal around the Golden Gate. The bridge is 230 meters high AND there are large NO FLY ZONES covering both landed shores.  You are obviously a skilled flyer and we wish you the best of luck, but I fear your gonna give us a black eye on this one. Sorry.

Don't be angry - we are your side. Hey, maybe you discovered a loophole.

Since you are probably thinking I'm a bearer of bad news anyway, the roof has a TON of serious problems at this point, most relating to missing flashing and susceptibility to rainfall drainage problems. Hopefully, this is just a work in progress. Great test flight though, or the problems would not be seen, right?
2015-8-15
Use props
nickt916
lvl.2
United States

AerialLens Posted at 2015-8-16 13:06
Nick - Those are great shots!

So, I am really bummed out to tell you - unless you have some weird r ...

Can you please find me a link where it shows not to fly by golden gate? i tried doing a quick search a while back, but i couldnt find any info regarding golden gate drone flying.

yes the roof will be getting fixed soon, was trying to see it with a drone because i havent climbed up there myself yet.
2015-8-26
Use props
nickt916
lvl.2
United States

trying out some night flying  

2015-8-26
Use props
AerialLens
lvl.4

United States

nickt916@yahoo. Posted at 2015-8-27 06:50
Can you please find me a link where it shows not to fly by golden gate? i tried doing a quick sear ...

Well, goodness, there are a few places you can Google - I just saw your message and don't have the time to look this up at the moment. There are several sites showing the strict no-fly zones I mentioned, and many web locations that talk about the 400-foot max allowance, visual line of sight etc.

If nobody chimes in with these by this evening, I'll be glad to point these out. GREAT videos, though.

EDIT Aug 28 - I see someone provided the info needed below.

2015-8-27
Use props
nickt916
lvl.2
United States

sunset in hawaii

2015-8-27
Use props
aopisa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

AerialLens Posted at 2015-8-28 03:23
Well, goodness, there are a few places you can Google - I just saw your message and don't have the ...

I just Googled "Golden Gate no fly zone" and found this:

https://data.smcgov.org/Transpor ... Fly-Zones/avpy-7s48

and this:

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and other government entities have issued regulations for flying Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) or, more commonly, drones. Areas of exclusion include National Parks, Military Bases, and with notification restrictions within a 5 mile area of airports. This map shows areas where drones cannot be flown (over the Golden Gate National Recreation Area) as well as areas where UAS operators must notify an airport or control tower when flying within 5 nautical miles of an airport. The following are the most important regulations related to UAS operations: 1. Fly no higher than 400 feet and remain below any surrounding obstacles when possible. 2. Do not intentionally fly over unprotected persons or moving vehicles, and remain at least 25 feet away from individuals and vulnerable property. 3. Check and follow all local laws and ordinances before flying over private property. 4. Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations, and you must see and avoid other aircraft and obstacles at all times. 5. Contact the airport or control tower before flying within five miles of an airport. The full set of regulations can be found on the Know Before You Fly Site: http://knowbeforeyoufly.org/wp-c ... YF_Brochure.pdfThis data comes from a Mapbox project: https://www.mapbox.com/blog/dont-fly-here/

Oh...and your daughter is a great driver!
2015-8-27
Use props
nickt916
lvl.2
United States

finished up our little hawaii trip video, enjoy guys

2015-9-27
Use props
nickt916
lvl.2
United States

Was at a wedding and asked the owner of the property and wedding planner to do a little aerial of the wedding, sent them them the link to the video everyone loved it. Recorded the music with my phone while the band was practicing during the set up.

2015-9-27
Use props
RCDRONESTUDIO
lvl.2
United States

Flying by the bodega bay Coast

2016-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules