883 6 2015-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jscgaston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316772 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered 4 TB48 batteries three months ago and never got to use them because I lost my first Inspire a few days before I recieved them. Fast forward to today when I recieved my second inspire. While updating 3 of the 4 batteries so far this is what happens..... Batteries drop 30% in a split second. IS this normal?

2015-7-18
Use props
ea6le
lvl.2

Turks and Caicos Islands

If you didn't fully charged them before use, that is normal.

Charge your batteries fully before use.
2015-7-18
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you charge them prior to using them ? An I mean charge then fully the same day or over night not that you charged them a week or so ago
2015-7-18
Use props
Jscgaston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316772 ft
  • >>>
United States

Never  charged until last night. Charged them all to 100% before ever powering them on
2015-7-18
Use props
dwaiteretired
lvl.2

United States

Sudden battery %  dropping has been reported in this forum before but it usually happens with used batteries, not new ones.

Try this:

1)  Discharge battery completely.
      Basically hover the inspire close to the ground until it auto lands because of a low battery warning. Then with the propellers off  ( for safety ) turn the inspire on w/o starting motors and wait. When the battery lights go out the battery is completly discharged, be patient it takes awhile.

2)  Charge battery completely. Don't interupt the charging process.

Hope this helps
2015-7-18
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

What about the battery upgrade in the firmware, wasn't that a problem that was supposed to be addressed in the last update,  What version is in your new inspire.  My new Inspire will be here Monday.  If it has the older firmware in it I am not sure what i should do.
2015-7-18
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Jscgaston Posted at 2015-7-18 21:42
Never  charged until last night. Charged them all to 100% before ever powering them on

The steps in post #5 and #6 will solve your issue.
2015-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules