853 10 2021-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gardencarole
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55151 ft
United Kingdom

Hello all

I'm having problems landing my Mavic 2 Pro, and not sure whether they might be related to consistently incorrect altitude displayed on the remote controller, for instance before and on landing even showing a minus figure. This morning I tried to land manually, the drone failed to shut off when on the ground and continued to travel across the ground, ending up turning over and almost breaking off one of the legs. Very disappointed and shaken up by this. I've had similar bumpy landings before but thought it was just my inexperience, now I'm not so sure. Any similar experiences or advice? Have contacted DJI who have advised me to send in for repair, but feel some sort of diagnosis may be needed through the flight record and am not overly keen on sending it to Holland given the complications of the post now, post Brexit.

thanks in advance

Carole

2021-5-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Carole,

Best to get help/advice is to upload your flightlog.

Reading your text i guess that the bottom sensor did not work properly, but guessing is never wise to do ; log might explain what happend.

Upload and post the upload link on here, use > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Minus height on baro height is not that strange, landing protection use bottom sensor   not the baro height infomation.

cheers
JJB
2021-5-7
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Hi Gardencarole,

like jjb, I think there's a problem with your downward sensors. Never had any problems landing, except when the place to land is too dark that even the leds on the bottom are not sufficient.

The M2P uses the sensors to land, not it's barometer.

Follow the advice of jjb. He will examine your data and give advice.
There are a couple of guys on the forum which are good in that. Jjb is one of them.
2021-5-7
Use props
gardencarole
lvl.1
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 5-7 06:09
Hi Carole,

hello. that's very helpful, thanks. I'm trying to do that but at the moment this morning's flight record doesn't seem to have converted into a text file yet, I see all the others as text files but not this morning's. what you say gives me hope that it's not incompetence! if it is the sensor not working is that easy enough to be repaired? my drone is out of warranty. I used it very little last year because of Covid and have only just picked up to get working with it at last. again thanks for your help. carole
2021-5-7
Use props
gardencarole
lvl.1
United Kingdom

JohnDG Posted at 5-7 06:21
Hi Gardencarole,

like jjb, I think there's a problem with your downward sensors. Never had any problems landing, except when the place to land is too dark that even the leds on the bottom are not sufficient.

thanks very much.
Carole
2021-5-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

gardencarole Posted at 5-7 06:46
hello. that's very helpful, thanks. I'm trying to do that but at the moment this morning's flight record doesn't seem to have converted into a text file yet, I see all the others as text files but not this morning's. what you say gives me hope that it's not incompetence! if it is the sensor not working is that easy enough to be repaired? my drone is out of warranty. I used it very little last year because of Covid and have only just picked up to get working with it at last. again thanks for your help. carole

strange    no flightlog.

Easy to test if the bottom sensor (+landing protection) is working

Hover in front of you at few meters high, lower slowly craft ; craft should stop at approx 0.5 meter height.This while having the stick down....

At 0.5 release stick, notice that when you apply stick down again craft will not go down immediately, only after short moment it will land automatically.

Try this and upload the log.
cheers
JJB
2021-5-7
Use props
gardencarole
lvl.1
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 5-7 06:55
strange    no flightlog.

Easy to test if the bottom sensor (+landing protection) is working

not sure I can do that because the leg is broken!
2021-5-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

gardencarole Posted at 5-7 07:06
not sure I can do that because the leg is broken!

oops, in your first post you wrote  >  "almost breaking off one of the legs"
mayby some tape to fix it temporarely, or hand take off and hand recovery.

cheers
JJB
2021-5-7
Use props
gardencarole
lvl.1
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 5-7 06:09
Hi Carole,

hello again
have uploaded a few flight logs though today's still hasn't converted itself into a text file. on a couple of the others they end as a forced landing.... don't understand that. and just looking at the DJI Go app it has suddenly promoted me from 7,000 experience points to 64,228.... in the space of a few hours...? what is going on?!
I tried your hovering and landing suggestion just now and it seemed to work perfectly, so presumably no the bottom sensor.
not sure really what to do.
Carole
2021-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As a workaround,   hand catch and then flip the drone upside down,  it will automatically cut the props.
2021-5-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

gardencarole Posted at 5-7 10:14
hello again
have uploaded a few flight logs though today's still hasn't converted itself into a text file. on a couple of the others they end as a forced landing.... don't understand that. and just looking at the DJI Go app it has suddenly promoted me from 7,000 experience points to 64,228.... in the space of a few hours...? what is going on?!
I tried your hovering and landing suggestion just now and it seemed to work perfectly, so presumably no the bottom sensor.

Hi Carole,

It is normal to read "ForceLanding" in a log. If you hover at 0,5 meter and then 100% stick down it will go into an automated controlled landing ; called a forcelanding in the log.

As it is working again, just be happy and enjoy flying (after repairing that leg)

If you always check after your first take-off if your drone will land this normal way (as described earlier), no probs and fly and have fun.

btw great garden you have  ;-)

Happy many landings,
cheers
JJB
2021-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules