Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Osmo Pocket 2 with Do It All Handle - No connection to PC
11933 16 2021-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TechDennis
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi,

My question is pretty short and straight forward i think. I have a DJI Osmo Pocket 2 and when i connect it to the PC via the USB cable it shows up in the explorer and i can transfer my video's to my hard drive and edit them.

Now i have this Do It All Handle connected which also have a USB-C port on it but when i connect the USB cable like i did before without the handle installed it won't show up in explorer. Is this USB-C port charging only? If so, why did you not make it a DATA USB-C aswell? Because now i have to disconnect my handle and then connect the USB cable to the USB-C on the DJI Osmo Pocket 2 directly to access my files again.

So every time when i use the Osmo Pocket with the handle and i want to upload the video's to my hard drive i have to disconnect the handle from the osmo pocket because the USB-C on the handle is charging only and no DATA USB-C.

Am i wrong or what AM i doing wrong? Are they really that "stupid" that they released a handle with bluetooth and all stuff but unable to connect to PC directly? I even tried several PC's, this is what happens:

Without handle
- Connect to PC
- USB connection sound from PC
- Press YES on touch screen
- Explorer opens

With handle
- Connect
- USB connection sound from PC
- Press YES on touch screen
- USB disconnection sound from PC
- Not happens

Am i the only one with this problem? Is this even a problem? Now i have to remove the microSD from the device to get my files, its better than removing the handle, but still we are living in 2021 people, come on this can't be.

Please help!
2021-5-7
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

I have been able to transfer data through USB-C even with the Do-It-All handle connected, so I do believe it is for both power and data transfer.

What kind of USB-C cable are you using? Did you buy the Creator Combo package that came with the Y-shaped USB-C cable with one basic USB and two USB-Cs? If you are using that Y-shaped cable, be sure to use the USB-C connector with the USB symbol embedded on it. One of them only transfers power for recharging, the marked one transfers both data and power. I certainly missed it the first time I tried it. To see more, check the thread here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=238553

2021-5-7
Use props
TechDennis
lvl.1

Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 5-7 12:03
I have been able to transfer data through USB-C even with the Do-It-All handle connected, so I do believe it is for both power and data transfer.

What kind of USB-C cable are you using? Did you buy the Creator Combo package that came with the Y-shaped USB-C cable with one basic USB and two USB-Cs? If you are using that Y-shaped cable, be sure to use the USB-C connector with the USB symbol embedded on it. One of them only transfers power for recharging, the marked one transfers both data and power. I certainly missed it the first time I tried it. To see more, check the thread here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=238553

Hi,

No i tried several things. I have USB-C on my motherboard so i have a USB-C to USB-C which works without the handle, but doesn't work with the handle. So i don't believe it is the cable at all since it working with my Phone with the Osmo Pocket 2 without the handle but as soon as i add the handle the data connection is lost.

I have the normal Osmo Pocket 2 package and i also tried to use that cable but it doesn't make sense. Same results. Works without the handle, doesn't work with the handle.
For now i bought a microSD usb adapter. I can remove the microSD but it in the USB adapter and transfer it like this, but it is just dump that it doesn't work. I don't want to use alternatives, i want to connect my Osmo Pocket 2 directly to my pc what works without the handle.
2021-5-7
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

TechDennis Posted at 5-7 12:06
Hi,

No i tried several things. I have USB-C on my motherboard so i have a USB-C to USB-C which works without the handle, but doesn't work with the handle. So i don't believe it is the cable at all since it working with my Phone with the Osmo Pocket 2 without the handle but as soon as i add the handle the data connection is lost.

OK, sorry to hear that didn't help.

I haven't experienced this myself so I can only make educated guesses, but I'll try.

Have you updated both the Pocket 2's and the Do-It-All handle's firmware? They both seem to have their own firmwares (along with the mini joystick and the wireless bluetooth microphone). The handle must be connected to the Pocket 2 for the update.

I also remember seeing somewhere that the Pocket 2 uses a USB-C version 2.0. Are you sure all the connectors are of the correct version?

Is there a chance that the Do-It-All handle's connection is somehow faulty? If there is, you may want to consider contacting DJI for repair/replacement request.
2021-5-7
Use props
TechDennis
lvl.1

Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 5-7 12:18
OK, sorry to hear that didn't help.

I haven't experienced this myself so I can only make educated guesses, but I'll try.

Yes everything is up to date. Since it works without the handle but not with the handle i don't assume it's the cable. I have tried it wit h10 cables now and only 1 cable is working and it's not even the original DJI one.

It is basically an AliExpress cable and it works like this:
- Connect DJI with handle to PC
- USB connection sound
- Press Yes
- USB disconnection sound
- USB connection sound
- Explorer shows up

It's pretty random, but i saw a thread where someone else has the same so i think it might be a software thingy. I hope they can fix it
2021-5-7
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

TechDennis Posted at 5-7 22:42
Yes everything is up to date. Since it works without the handle but not with the handle i don't assume it's the cable. I have tried it wit h10 cables now and only 1 cable is working and it's not even the original DJI one.

It is basically an AliExpress cable and it works like this:

That indeed sounds pretty weird. But it's good if you found at least one cable that works.

Hope you can find out the issue and fix it. Maybe DJI has more information about it?
2021-5-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, TechDennis. Thanks for reaching out! The type-c port of the Do-It-All handle should work for both charging and data transmission. We suggest uploading a video of the issue you're dealing with so we can further check it and assist you better. If you have a spare type-c data cable, we recommend testing it also and see if that makes any difference. Thanks and looking forward to your feedback.
2021-5-9
Use props
djiuser_NtehCobtEfum
lvl.2
United States

I had this problem at first using Do it All Handle but it was resolved by powering on the Pocket 2 and then a prompt appears on the mini-screen asking if I want to connect it to the PC. Not sure if the Pocket 2 can connect to the PC without Do it all Handle with the power off or if powering the device on is also required that way or not.
2021-5-9
Use props
djiuser_IZrVtN7SYsCW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3018 ft
Belgium

djiuser_NtehCobtEfum Posted at 5-9 07:48
I had this problem at first using Do it All Handle but it was resolved by powering on the Pocket 2 and then a prompt appears on the mini-screen asking if I want to connect it to the PC. Not sure if the Pocket 2 can connect to the PC without Do it all Handle with the power off or if powering the device on is also required that way or not.

I had this problem also with the Do it all handle (I even read somewhere that the usb-c was only for charging) but after your comments, I retried with the cable from my Samsung S20 and it works like a charm. Very strange, because I already tried a lot of time without success! I am very happy because, I dont' want to remove all the time the Do it handle. I really love this pocket 2.
2021-11-1
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

I remember hearing some of the DJI representatives say that it is not recommended to transfer files from the Pocket 2 to PC by connecting through the Do-It-All-Handle's USB-C port. That feels like a design oversight. I'd rather keep the DIA Handle attached myself too, but may need to reconsider it when transferring files (or then I'll just have to take the MicroSD card out each and every time I need to transfer files... which doesn't sound too convenient either).
2021-11-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Having experienced the identical problem, I eventually solved it by trial and error.  Using the supplied cable.  First, with the extension pack fitted to the P2, switch it on. Then connect the cable to the USB -C port on the extension, and finally connect the standard USB end of the cable to the PC.  The little blue dialogue box will apear on the screen of the P2. Tap that, and away you go. Hope this helps.
2021-11-1
Use props
bigbear48858
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47805 ft
United States

I see this thread is a couple of months old, but here it is mid Jan 2022. I have always transferred my files from my DJI Pocket 2 thru the Do It All handles USB-C connection without issues. I just recently got a new Alienware laptop with Windows 11. I try to connect to the laptop the same way I have for the last year to the old laptop, The computer would beep, My Pocket would prompt me to connect, and then the computer would never finalize the connect and present file explorer. Finding this thread, I tried different cables, the same result. So I figured hey it probably needs a firmware update or something. I go to connect my Samsung S21 Ultra to the Pocket with the Mimo app. The app won't open, says there is a bug in the app. So I do some more searching, find I have to download the app from DJI and not the google play store because of that issue. Finally, I get that done and update the firmware on Pocket 2. All updated tried the cables again, NOPE same result. so I try to troubleshoot, step by step what might be causing the issue. I grab the old cable I've used for a year with it. And this time, I eliminated my powered 3.0 USB and went straight into the laptop. It prompted me correctly and connected to Windows 11 just fine. So long story short, I hope this information can help someone that maybe struggling to find and answer to these issues.
2022-1-20
Use props
Visual Notes
lvl.1
Austria

In my experience, some USB-C cables work with the Do-It-All handle and others do not. Basically, the same interface can be used to charge and transfer data, so if it doesn't work, you should just try a different USB-C cable.
2022-3-19
Use props
northaal
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Visual Notes Posted at 3-19 23:45
In my experience, some USB-C cables work with the Do-It-All handle and others do not. Basically, the same interface can be used to charge and transfer data, so if it doesn't work, you should just try a different USB-C cable.

I have had no trouble connecting the P2 to my iMac (2015version) with several cables and with the Do It All Handle connected. However, I have just bought an M1 MacBook Air and could net get the computer to recognise the camera even though the P2 recognised the computer and brought up the connection screen.
Following a tip from a user with a similar problem on his Oslo action camera I removed the Do It All Handle and connected the camera using the DJI supplied dual cable (using the USB one) to an "Anker" dock. It then worked OK.
It would not work with a USBA to USBC adapter or with any other cable - even the Apple supplied USBC to USBC cable.
I did  
2022-3-26
Use props
Paparatzy
lvl.1
United States

One more variation?  I have an Intel 2021 iMac and a Dell external monitor, both of which have USB-A and USB-C ports. For three years, I've been connecting my Osmo Pocket, then the Pocket 2 to my Dell monitor USB-A port using a USB-A to USB-C cable, which worked fine.  I typically connect first, then turn on the Pocket 2 and the screen displays asking if I want to connect.  Always works.

Today I attached my new All In One Handle and the same cable and connection does not recognize the gimbal as a data connection.  So, after finding this forum, then per chance trying another USB-A to USB-C cable, it worked.  I tried connecting to my iMac and it worked as well.  I didn't format anything, update firmware, or take any other steps other than trying a different cable.

Why the original cable (not the DJI cable) worked and now doesn't I don't know.  Why the other cable with same configuration works, I don't know.  However, it is logic that suggests the All-In-One does transfer data and charge from the same port.  You'll just have to find a cable that works.

FYI: The DJI manual for the All-In-One handle indicates the USB-C port is for Data and Charging.

2022-4-13
Use props
ZVIKY
New

Israel

I'm experiencing the same problem.
I assembled the handle, and I use the original cable provided to me with the camera. I also connect the connector that has a drawing of USB on it. (I tried to connect the other connector as well, but nothing happened, because it is only for charging and not for data transfer). I get a question on the camera screen: "Connect to a computer?" I choose to connect, and nothing happens .. so I have to take out the memory card every time again ... (I do not want to remove the handle, it is inconvenient for me, and even then it is difficult to take it out easily ..
2022-7-13
Use props
Kentur
New
Bulgaria

It gets even more funny.

For me, I can not push a button on the Pocket 2 to Accept Computer. If I do, it becomes Reject automatically, regardless which option I choose.

IF I however click on the touchscreen - Accept, then it comes up as a drive on laptop. (both in windows & linux).

I've tried with random cables, and most seems to work for me. (as long as the Pocket 2 is ON)
2023-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules