Pocket 2 wont connect to PC through do it all handle/USB.
5260 12 2021-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Swarook
New
United States

Connecting Pocket 2 to PC through USB directly works fine. Connect the "Do it all handle" then try to connect USB to PC,  I get a prompt on the device asking to accept the connection. I click accept. Nothing happens. Remove "do it all handle" and connection works fine again. Tried cords that come with device as well as multile random USB C cords I frequently use to transfer data.
Every cord does the same. Works straight to the device but "do it all" handle does nothing.
tested on multiple PCs and all the same result.

2021-5-7
Use props
TechDennis
lvl.1

Netherlands

I have the exact same! Tried different computers. Seems like the handle doesn't let data pass through only for charging, what is this DJI?
2021-5-7
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I have been able to transfer data through USB-C even with the Do-It-All handle connected, so I do believe it is for both power and data transfer.

What kind of USB-C cable are you using? Did you buy the Creator Combo package that came with the Y-shaped USB-C cable with one basic USB and two USB-Cs? If you are using that Y-shaped cable, be sure to use the USB-C connector with the USB symbol embedded on it. One of them only transfers power for recharging, the marked one transfers both data and power. I certainly missed it the first time I tried it. To see more, check the thread here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=238553
2021-5-7
Use props
Swarook
New
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 5-7 12:04
I have been able to transfer data through USB-C even with the Do-It-All handle connected, so I do believe it is for both power and data transfer.

What kind of USB-C cable are you using? Did you buy the Creator Combo package that came with the Y-shaped USB-C cable with one basic USB and two USB-Cs? If you are using that Y-shaped cable, be sure to use the USB-C connector with the USB symbol embedded on it. One of them only transfers power for recharging, the marked one transfers both data and power. I certainly missed it the first time I tried it. To see more, check the thread here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=238553

I am using the correct side, and have tried multiple USB c cords with all having the same results.
2021-5-7
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Swarook Posted at 5-7 12:09
I am using the correct side, and have tried multiple USB c cords with all having the same results.

OK, sorry to hear that didn't solve the problem.

A similar thread exists, considering  the same problem. I made a couple of other suggestions to try to solve it. You can see them at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D765%26typeid%3D765
2021-5-7
Use props
Swarook
New
United States

TechDennis Posted at 5-7 10:51
I have the exact same! Tried different computers. Seems like the handle doesn't let data pass through only for charging, what is this DJI?

I chatted with support they are looking into it and offered to just replace the handle. If i get a resolution ill add it here and if I end up just replacing ill let you know.
2021-5-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had this problem at first, but I found that there's a sequence of connecting that works:  First, connect the USB - C cable to the DIA handle, with the device switched off.  Then switch it on, and after it has done its boot-up sequence, only THEN plug the other end of the cable into your PC.   Works for me.  Hope you find the same result.
2021-5-20
Use props
Skaven252
lvl.2
Sweden

I'm having the same issue. When I plug the Pocket 2 (with DIA handle) to the PC when it's on (as suggested above), Windows makes a "device connected" notification sound. A "Connect to PC?" prompt appears on the Pocket 2 screen. When I tap Accept, the PC makes a disconnect sound, and the connection won't open - it never appears as a browsable device/drive. Also, the Pocket 2 becomes unresponsive until I unplug it.

No biggie since I can always use an SD card reader to transfer the footage, but kinda annoying still.
2021-10-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Skaven252 Posted at 10-22 23:20
I'm having the same issue. When I plug the Pocket 2 (with DIA handle) to the PC when it's on (as suggested above), Windows makes a "device connected" notification sound. A "Connect to PC?" prompt appears on the Pocket 2 screen. When I tap Accept, the PC makes a disconnect sound, and the connection won't open - it never appears as a browsable device/drive. Also, the Pocket 2 becomes unresponsive until I unplug it.

No biggie since I can always use an SD card reader to transfer the footage, but kinda annoying still.

Hi there, sorry for any inconvenience caused. It's not recommended to use the USB-C port of the Do-It-All Handle to transfer data. We suggest you remove the Do-It-All Handle or use a card reader to copy photos and videos.
2021-10-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-23 01:40
Hi there, sorry for any inconvenience caused. It's not recommended to use the USB-C port of the Do-It-All Handle to transfer data. We suggest you remove the Do-It-All Handle or use a card reader to copy photos and videos.

Thank you for that info. Even though I have sometimes been able to transfer data through the DIA Handle's port, it has felt a bit iffy and acted erratically sometimes. I was even wondering if my USB-C cable is faulty. I'll have to try without the handle next time, then.
2021-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

HGDC84 Posted at 10-23 02:47
Thank you for that info. Even though I have sometimes been able to transfer data through the DIA Handle's port, it has felt a bit iffy and acted erratically sometimes. I was even wondering if my USB-C cable is faulty. I'll have to try without the handle next time, then.

You're welcome. Hope it can help. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2021-10-23
Use props
flyfisher530
lvl.1

United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2021-5-20 14:55
I had this problem at first, but I found that there's a sequence of connecting that works:  First, connect the USB - C cable to the DIA handle, with the device switched off.  Then switch it on, and after it has done its boot-up sequence, only THEN plug the other end of the cable into your PC.   Works for me.  Hope you find the same result.

Had the same issue, and this worked for me 11-29-2023 for the Osmo Pocket 3!
2023-11-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

flyfisher530 Posted at 11-29 17:26
Had the same issue, and this worked for me 11-29-2023 for the Osmo Pocket 3!

A shame that the issue hasn't been resolved by DJI in this new iteration of their product
2023-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules