DJI Flysafe database error
37299 609 2021-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tim Hughes Posted at 5-13 10:21
Cannot downgrade qfter several attempts

Is there any error message during the downgrade? Please try to restart the drone and try again.
2021-5-13
Use props
djiuser_fNZ2rkii7kW1
New

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 5-12 05:22
Hi all, for users who experience the flysafe database issue, please try the following solution:
1. Download the latest DJI Assistant 2 (FPV series) V2.1.1 https://www.dji.com/dji-fpv/downloads.
2. PM me if you have this issue, I will tell you an account for logging into the DJI Assistant 2 to acquire and update firmware 01.01.2401. Please only ask for the account when you have the flysafe database error. Note: Please enable all Data Authorization options in DJI Assistant 2 settings if you do not see the 01.01.2401 firmware.

Please provide detailed steps to accomplish the fix for the flysafe database issue.
2021-5-14
Use props
djiuser_UZ343itTLwIp
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 5-13 19:08
Is there any error message during the downgrade? Please try to restart the drone and try again.

I also can't downgrade on my Mac.

It says "Update failed (5-100-4-)
2021-5-14
Use props
djiuser_qtJJQK85Smvz
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_UZ343itTLwIp Posted at 5-14 13:01
I also can't downgrade on my Mac.

It says "Update failed (5-100-4-)

I'm having the same issue
2021-5-14
Use props
djiuser_3q1sH6PViHcC
lvl.1
United States

I see the suggested fix and I have tried it but my phone doesn't see the drone on the app. This has been an issue for me. After many repeated tries when I was trying to active the drone I was only able to get it to work once which is all I needed until the fly database caused a problem. Which was the next day. ):. I will try again tomorrow to call DJI support. Maybe it is a cable issue but things work fine for single cable hook up to my computer for downloads.
I did get a little bit of support by email but the instructions were not clear it and gave the wrong user name and different pass word so that didn't work.

Signed Frustrated
2021-5-15
Use props
fansfa8da6f3
New
Puerto Rico

Hi all, for users who experience the flysafe database issue, please try the following solution:
1. Download the latest DJI Assistant 2 (FPV series) V2.1.1 https://www.dji.com/dji-fpv/downloads.
2. PM me if you have this issue, I will tell you an account for logging into the DJI Assistant 2 to acquire and update firmware 01.01.2401. Please only ask for the account when you have the flysafe database error. Note: Please enable all Data Authorization options in DJI Assistant 2 settings if you do not see the 01.01.2401 firmware.

Please give instructons on down grading firmware
2021-5-15
Use props
fireshark
New
Flight distance : 80354 ft
Switzerland

2. PM me if you have this issue, I will tell you an account for logging into the DJI Assistant 2 to acquire and update firmware 01.01.2401. Please only ask for the account when you have the flysafe database error. Note: Please enable all Data Authorization options in DJI Assistant 2 settings if you do not see the 01.01.2401 firmware.

Hi Susan

Please, could you send me the DJI account for FPV Series Assistent 2, to manage the flysave database error?
Thanks in advance. Cheers Oliver
2021-5-15
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15561 ft
United States

fireshark Posted at 5-15 13:00
Hi Susan

Please, could you send me the DJI account for FPV Series Assistent 2, to manage the flysave database error?

Hey buddy. The DJI account information is on page 24 here on this thread. It’s posted under a username starting with “Fans” you will see it. Go through that page and thread page 25.
2021-5-15
Use props
HushThatPanda
lvl.2

United States

Only took a few days of trying everything imaginable, but the fix to delete cache > log out of DJI Fly > log in using the DJI_aftersales@163.com account > update firmware > fly for a hover 1min > go to pc and download v2.1.1 DJI FPV assistant, logged into DJI_aftersales account > Plugged a turned on DJI FPV drone with thunderbolt cable into DJI asst, downgraded to v1.0, it failed, waited til battery was charged and cooled, tried again, and it worked.

WOW what a mission.
2021-5-16
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
Spain

Is this now fixed, and so safe for us to re-connect DJI Fly?

I (like many I guess) saw this issue, so have held off downloading my flight records with DJI Fly, so that DJI didn't have the opportunity to download the new flysafe database - and so ground me....

so the question is... is it now safe to do this... has the flysafe issue been resolved so that if we re-connect will it be ok?
or will we be forced to  go thru the upgrade/downgrade firmware workaround?

2021-5-16
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 848038 ft
Canada

fansa16cf705 Posted at 5-12 15:17
Dji should hire you! Thanks for your support and time.
Dji support the worst i have ever experienced. I called them from argentina talked 2 hours and they could not help as you did.

thanks bud!

Whats the issue with downgrade or rollbacks?
2021-5-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fireshark Posted at 5-15 13:00
Hi Susan

Hi Oliver, PM has sent, please check the message.
2021-5-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansfa8da6f3 Posted at 5-15 09:05
Please give instructons on down grading firmware

Please use DJI Assistant 2 to downgrade the firmware.
2021-5-17
Use props
shuliachenko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4682710 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

2. PM me if you have this issue, I will tell you an account for logging into the DJI Assistant 2 to acquire and update firmware 01.01.2401. Please only ask for the account when you have the flysafe database error. Note: Please enable all Data Authorization options in DJI Assistant 2 settings if you do not see the 01.01.2401 firmware.

I'm in the same situation. Help Please)
2021-5-17
Use props
sneakinuponu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 596568 ft
  • >>>
United States

Greetings fellow DJI FPV enthusiast!   I have too struggled with this whole process like most of you, but today was able to "upgrade" to the firmware suggested in previous post, then "downgrade" back to the official published version.   I also use a MAC and have had no luck in getting the firmware to refresh .... UNTIL, switching to a PC running Windows 10 ... I have no idea why, but after multiple attempts and failures using the MAC, I switched to the PC and got the refresh back to 01.01.0000 to work.   I haven't tried to fly yet, but my goggles no longer report a "Flysafe Database" error.   Good luck to you all during this mess. ... By the way - using DJI Assistant 2!
2021-5-17
Use props
djiuser_3q1sH6PViHcC
lvl.1
United States

I must be missing something. I don't come up with the option to load the .01.01.2401 firmware.

I have tried reloading the DJI assistance 2.1.1 a few times... no help.

I use the developers log in for aftersales. Plug in the drone and only V01.01.0000 comes up.

Calling in to support a few times has not helped. It is like they have not heard of this problem and have me doing basic stuff, very slowly. Even wanted to get an exemption from the FAA for me fly. ??

Anybody else come up with the same thing and a fix?
2021-5-19
Use props
djiuser_3q1sH6PViHcC
lvl.1
United States

Up date from my late entry a couple minutes ago.

I found that once the DJI Assistant 2.1.1 in installed and logging in with DJI_aftersales@163.com  and the shown previous password my missing step was to go the setting tab and turn on all those buttons. It my not require all the buttons but that is what I did.

Now after plugging in the Drone I have 3 firmware version to choose from.

Ok now I'm off to the next steps.
2021-5-19
Use props
Amstrad6128
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89242 ft
Australia

Has anyone resolved this yet????
I am on day 8, DJI Support dick you around for days with stuff like, have you tried turning it off and on again.
I have read up to page 11 on this thread and still going, if someone could save me any more torture....  I have read at the very least 364 posts about the DJI FPV fly safe database error to no avail!!!!
Please someone tell me they know how to fix this
2021-5-22
Use props
djiuser_3q1sH6PViHcC
lvl.1
United States

Amstrad6128 Posted at 5-22 01:59
I am on day 8, DJI Support dick you around for days with stuff like, have you tried turning it off and on again.
I have read up to page 11 on this thread and still going, if someone could save me any more torture....  I have read at the very least 364 posts about the DJI FPV fly safe database error to no avail!!!!

I can tell you what helped me fix the problem. I did what was instructed by others using the  "DJI_aftersales@163.com" user name. The part that i found that helped me was when you open the "assistant 2" on the computer you need to go to the settings menu pulldown at the top. When i did that there was three buttons i switched from off to on. After that it all worked as they say above. I went back to the firmware area and there was 3 firmware choices instead of just one. I installed the suggested firmware, flew the Drone for a couple minutes then switched back to the original firmware.

Now I up and flying. I hope that helps.

2021-5-23
Use props
stah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1313871 ft
Poland

Amstrad6128 Posted at 5-22 01:59
I am on day 8, DJI Support dick you around for days with stuff like, have you tried turning it off and on again.
I have read up to page 11 on this thread and still going, if someone could save me any more torture....  I have read at the very least 364 posts about the DJI FPV fly safe database error to no avail!!!!

Additionally: after switching options to on, restart Assistant and double check if they are still in On position.
2021-5-23
Use props
djiuser_DLxS0gXhxX58
lvl.1

Chile

Fucking trash dji fix this bug ur customers are paying thousands of dolars in ur products and you give no solutions
2021-6-4
Use props
brad.staff
lvl.2
Australia

djiuser_DLxS0gXhxX58 Posted at 6-4 09:37
Fucking trash dji fix this bug ur customers are paying thousands of dolars in ur products and you give no solutions

Just purchased mine yesterday, cannot fly due to the Flysafe database error. Not happy with the product at all.

Have tried for hours, following the instructions here, upgrading to the newer firmware using the developer login, but when I do that, I still get the Flysafe database error and cannot take off. I try downgrading back to 1.000 and still get the Flysafe error? What the hell DJI!!! THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED NOW. PRODUCT IS NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. IT SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM SALE UNTIL THIS IS FIXED!
2021-6-4
Use props
Brad Flying
lvl.2
Australia

brad.staff Posted at 6-4 12:21
Just purchased mine yesterday, cannot fly due to the Flysafe database error. Not happy with the product at all.

Have tried for hours, following the instructions here, upgrading to the newer firmware using the developer login, but when I do that, I still get the Flysafe database error and cannot take off. I try downgrading back to 1.000 and still get the Flysafe error? What the hell DJI!!! THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED NOW. PRODUCT IS NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. IT SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM SALE UNTIL THIS IS FIXED!

Just to clarify my problem is that when I upgrade to the newer firmware using the aftersales login, the instructions say to then take off for a minute and hover. But I still see the 'Flysafe database error' message, and I cannot take off! So I try rolling back FW anyway to 1.00, same issue, flysafe error
2021-6-4
Use props
djiuser_WabIcv1IQcI6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87411 ft
Germany

The magic procedure to install a new version of firmware was overwhelmingly successful, only the drone made no effort to lift off since the ugly failure message did not goo away..
what strange procedure.
This is a crisis! One of DJI‘s most exiting products everyone was dying to get one is now grouded. Failure to comunicate consistantly, failure to resolve the problem with a  validated procedure. Come on DJI you can do much better, you have demonstrated it with your products
2021-6-6
Use props
fans48d27d91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 597277 ft
United States

I just did the DJI FPV Update on Friday 06/04  not knowing about this "FLY SAFE DATABASE ERROR" as of  Monday 6/07/21 I am still unable to fly. I called in on 06/07. First rep said that I was in an unauthorized zone and I need to move to a different area even though I have flown here before. So I went back to the place where I last flew on Friday same error message.  I called back and got a new technician and educated him on the error message he's trying to figure out what to do and I was on hold for 10 minutes and then the line disconnected.  So now what do I do??  
2021-6-7
Use props
fansb6c5ee79
lvl.1
United States

I have a brand new FPV Combo package that I've been struggling to get setup for 3 days straight and haven't been able to fly.

My first challenge was figuring out how to get the firmware transmitted from my Mac running Big Sur. Apparently this came down to having to get the "horndis" kernel extension setup properly. I eventually fumbled my way through that, and documented the process here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 307&pid=2498332

Now I'm having the same "Flystafe Database Error" issue as everyone else here, and I STILL haven't been able to fly this drone even once!!

I've tried the procedure to login to DJI Assistant 2.1.1 using DJI_aftersales@163.com and install the test firmware, but this STILL showed me the same "Flysafe Database Error"... What's more it also told me my Goggle firmware was out dated no matter which version of the firmware I installed. I eventually downgraded the Goggles an Aircraft back down to the current version, but I'm still grounded with the database error...

Feeling frustrated and ripped off with a VERY EXPENSIVE paper weight...

2021-6-7
Use props
fans48d27d91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 597277 ft
United States

fansb6c5ee79 Posted at 6-7 21:49
I have a brand new FPV Combo package that I've been struggling to get setup for 3 days straight and haven't been able to fly.

My first challenge was figuring out how to get the firmware transmitted from my Mac running Big Sur. Apparently this came down to having to get the "horndis" kernel extension setup properly. I eventually fumbled my way through that, and documented the process here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=237307&pid=2498332

Same here. I have Called DJI 4 times and all but once has been a long call Trying to educate and explain the technician the issue and then after a while a  disconnected call.    I am so frustrated and have a flight job tomorrow. I don't know what to do?
9B44C1AF-C197-45CF-B914-33A31CA8077E.jpeg
2021-6-8
Use props
DWestbury
lvl.1
United States

fansb6c5ee79 Posted at 6-7 21:49

My first challenge was figuring out how to get the firmware transmitted from my Mac running Big Sur. Apparently this came down to having to get the "horndis" kernel extension setup properly. I eventually fumbled my way through that, and documented the process here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=237307&pid=2498332

I made some progress on my Flysafe Database Error today.

I replaced my SD Cards in both my Aircraft and my Goggles with SanDisk - SDSQXA2-064G-GN6MA 64GB and the error has gone away...

My guess is that the write speed on the SanDisk 'Ultra' series cards I had previously, just wasn't fast enough...

Now my props are spinning up normally...

2021-6-8
Use props
Brad Flying
lvl.2
Australia

I already have that SD card, and I am still having the problem.

I don't think the firmware or the flysafe database would be stored on the SD card, they would be on internal storage.
2021-6-8
Use props
Brad Flying
lvl.2
Australia

Have confirmed you can do FW upgrade without SD card connected, so that's unlikely to be what solved your problem.

Meanwhile I'm still ground with a 'flysafe database error', have followed all the instructions, cannot take off still with 'flysafe database error'
2021-6-8
Use props
Brad Flying
lvl.2
Australia

Sorry double post
2021-6-8
Use props
djiuser_qVZq6PXYQs6Y
lvl.1
Germany

Hi,

same issue here. Even the "Fix" to up and downgrade isn't working for me, because the Fly Save Database Number isn't changing during this process. At least for me.

May somebody for whom it works quickly post his/her Fly Save Database Number here? Just to compare.

I'm having Fly Safe Database Version XXX.23 on my one and Drone Firmware 01.01.2401.

Thanks
2021-6-9
Use props
bugur72
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6115 ft
Turkey

I think this is the effect of the monopoly brand.  People paid 1500 dollars including me.  one of our friends mentioned that paper weight . Exactly like that. People must sue dji. we have jobs to do with this unflying drone. whose gonna pay for the jobs that we lost. upgrade fly and downgrade . do ı have follow this procedure for a drone that ı have paid 1500 dollars ! this is dji's responsibility to give people proper firmware that works. we are sitting like ducks and waiting for the dji s tech team to resucue us. Another dji, not in this life !!!
2021-6-9
Use props
djiuser_DLxS0gXhxX58
lvl.1

Chile

For god’s sakes help us!! Ur solution is not working and is unacceptable that it has past more than a month and still no official firmware fix
2021-6-9
Use props
djiuser_c6owqj0SAp1C
lvl.1

Switzerland

Having the same issue over here. Following the steps provided by the Support team (up & downgrade) is not helping either.
2021-6-9
Use props
beni5187
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232684 ft
Germany

Is DJI fucking serious about this issue? No matter which FW I load. I'm able to to take off in the basement without GPS. As soon as GPS signal is available I get the error. That thing is totally bricked for me
2021-6-9
Use props
roybeukers
lvl.2
Netherlands

Having the same issues... tried updating from my macbook, and iphone, ipad and microsoft surface. Some devices didn't want to upgrade/downgrade from some devices. DJI support told me they would fix it in 2 business days.. let's wait and see!
2021-6-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_DLxS0gXhxX58 Posted at 6-9 06:59
For god’s sakes help us!! Ur solution is not working and is unacceptable that it has past more than a month and still no official firmware fix

I am sorry to hear about the issue. May I know if the drone was working before this error, in other words, does it exist suddenly? Please tell me more details about the operations before the error existed, I will check this with our engineers. Look forward to hearing back from you.
2021-6-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, for users who are still experiencing the issue, please help to provide the following info for further investigation:
1. When did you purchase the drone? Did you experience the same issue in May?
2. If you have ever updated the fly safe database via DJI Assistant 2, please provide the version of the DJI Assistant 2 on your computer and a screenshot of the system of your computer;
3. The version of the fly safe database of your drone;
4. Operation before the error message existed.
We would love to find out the issue and sort it out. Look forward to hearing back from you. Apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2021-6-10
Use props
djiuser_qVZq6PXYQs6Y
lvl.1
Germany

[img]Hi Susan,

i will try to summarize it:

1. Drone was bought at 01.06.2021. So I was not part of the May issue discussion
2. After buying it, I was trying the drone with Stock versions. It was working correctly. On Saturday it was connected through DJ Assistant 2.1.1 (downloaded at Saturday directly) and the Fly Safe datebase (to 01.00.01.23) + Firmware was updated to 01.01.2401. Since then the problem exist.
3. 01.00.01.23
4. Before that the Drone was working correctly outside with GPS connection.

5. To be added: Upgrade / Downgrade was tried like described and it's changing the Firmware of the drone but not! the Fly Safe Db.

ScreenShots attached.

Please give your Dev's some cookies and ask him to fix that.

2021-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules