What are you trying and what's smart?
2021-5-9
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8235935 ft
United States

Tim Hughes Posted at 5-9 12:05
Freaking smart bro lol I'm so trying it.

it works been doing it all afternoon
2021-5-9
Use props
djiuser_OUXsLMze9IsP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 222057 ft
Puerto Rico

Same here. Flysafe database error. I cant fly.  Im using Samsung Note20 Ultra. Already kill 4 batteries trying all recommendations using DJI Assistant 2 and DJI Fly App. Not Working at all.
2021-5-9
Use props
djiuser_WxuRRS64IqST
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15561 ft
United States

By tomorrow if this doesn't get fixed Im returning this without batteries! Thats payment for my time. Lol. But really im going bk to where i bought it since I still have several days to return if DJI doesn't fix this.
2021-5-9
Use props
djiuser_WxuRRS64IqST
lvl.2
United States

They need to get ride of that safe zone bull ...e and let us be responsible to our own actions. Just like when I buy firearms, it comes with a trigger lock the first time but you take it off when you get home. The gov gave us the choice to be responsible or not to be!

This should be the same way with DJI safe zone block no fly ....
2021-5-9
Use props
X64TNT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 446171 ft
United States

djiuser_WxuRRS64IqST Posted at 5-9 17:28
They need to get ride of that safe zone bull ...e and let us be responsible to our own actions. Just like when I buy firearms, it comes with a trigger lock the first time but you take it off when you get home. The gov gave us the choice to be responsible or not to be!

This should be the same way with DJI safe zone block no fly ....

Your absolutely right
2021-5-9
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
United States

Tim Hughes Posted at 5-9 12:17
The idea of starting motors by placing a bbq over it to block the gps. Great work around for now.

alternatively does anyone know how to unhook the gps antenna or if it is possible.  Heck I would settle for the antennas general location and go micro spelunking myself to find out....
2021-5-9
Use props
Detech
lvl.1

Russia

Same. Do something, dji
b.s. Seems from now i always need to take huge pan in my backpack to fly.
2021-5-9
Use props
X64TNT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 446171 ft
United States

Detech Posted at 5-9 19:33
Same. Do something, dji
b.s. Seems from now i always need to take huge pan in my backpack to fly.

might come in handy if you ever get shot in the back
2021-5-9
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 848038 ft
Canada

FlyingSnoopy Posted at 5-9 00:25
This is most unacceptable. Thankfully i didn't do any updates but I am just out of words regarding DJI at this point.
Don't you test and validate before pushing updates to production ?
Please raise this to priority #1

I here yah, just waiting for new Fly safe data to be downloaded 2 hours away from home to film...
2021-5-9
Use props
stah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1313871 ft
Poland

Same here. Worst I'm on early planed trip to fly. Bicycle remains. Thx DJI. Could you just revert database to previously working one?
2021-5-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_WxuRRS64IqST Posted at 5-9 00:12
I tried restarting everything but message still shows. It said when I updated that it installed successfully. But still shows message in red.

We're currently checking this with our team. Please connect the DJI FPV Goggles v2 to the DJI Fly and sync the Flight Records. Once done, connect your mobile device to your desktop/laptop and extract the whole FlightRecord folder and upload it either in DropBox or GoogleDrive for further analysis.
2021-5-9
Use props
SashaLAS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192520 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

The same error. I can't launch a new drone. After all the updates, he writes: Error database Fly Safe.
Update drone firmware or base Fly Safe.

I updated everything several times, nothing will help! Terribly upset with the quality!
I bought a drone specifically for shooting the Victory Day, and it let me down so! DJI - How Can You Treat Your Customers? You are not selling seeds, but very expensive devices!
Give an urgent answer to this issue!
My region is Ukraine
Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F7WFB_Uc-MUUQJzGFxyTy4w0jz_oMqRK/view?usp=sharing
2021-5-9
Use props
catware
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1087470 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-9 23:02
We're currently checking this with our team. Please connect the DJI FPV Goggles v2 to the DJI Fly and sync the Flight Records. Once done, connect your mobile device to your desktop/laptop and extract the whole FlightRecord folder and upload it either in DropBox or GoogleDrive for further analysis.
[view_image]

Sync flight records?? What flight records? The drone is brand new. The motors have never turned on. Software errors. Days with no response. This $1300 piece of junk is being returned to the store tomorrow. And nice of you to send me reminders in the app that the 48 hours to spend another $200 on the "care package" is now expired.
2021-5-9
Use props
SashaLAS
lvl.1
  • >>>
Ukraine

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F7WFB_Uc-MUUQJzGFxyTy4w0jz_oMqRK/view?usp=sharing
DAT File from a new drone, after all the updates.
2021-5-9
Use props
djiuser_UZ343itTLwIp
lvl.1

Thailand

Same problem here in Thailand on a new drone. Ridiculous. Screw this Flysafe database. Haven't got time for this.
2021-5-10
Use props
djiuser_UZ343itTLwIp
lvl.1

Thailand

Tried refreshing the update but I get a 5-100-4 update failed in DJI Assistant 2 every time.
2021-5-10
Use props
SashaLAS
lvl.1
  • >>>
Ukraine

djiuser_UZ343itTLwIp Posted at 5-10 01:24
Tried refreshing the update but I get a 5-100-4 update failed in DJI Assistant 2 every time.

Doesn't work on macOS. Update from Windows, iOS or Android.
2021-5-10
Use props
SashaLAS
lvl.1
  • >>>
Ukraine

DJI - do we get any answer from you? When to wait for the update? When will you fix the problem? What are you doing for this? Or do you need to file a class action lawsuit against your company for a couple of million dollars? You took money from people, and you simply banned flying! You are burning in hell, with your fly zone, activations, and a separate boiler in hell for your support service, which absolutely does not work and is absolutely useless!
We want to get answers to the questions - when will our bricks turn into drones? I gave $ 2000 for a drone, especially for 2 days shooting! It lies with me like a brick! Can you compensate me for my expenses? Moreover, the new drone has a problem with the battery! Is this how you can talk to?
2021-5-10
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

[view_image]

There are no flight records. I never got to even have 1 flight on it. I was planning to fly it in morning but it updated.

It’s brand new. Not even images in folders.
2021-5-10
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

[view_image]

Just ask them to upload old update so we can all have it like we did. I’m sure there is a way to roll back.
2021-5-10
Use props
Miguel Leitão
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

It was stated by DJI STAFF in another tread regarding the same issue (its not afecting just FPV it also affects AIR 2S) that DJI Engineers are aware of the problem, are working on it, and new firmware will be issued.
Let´s hope they do it as soon as possible otherwise i will return my drone to store.
2021-5-10
Use props
SashaLAS
lvl.1
  • >>>
Ukraine

We're currently checking this with our team. Please connect the DJI FPV Goggles v2 to the DJI Fly and sync the Flight Records. Once done, connect your mobile device to your desktop/laptop and extract the whole FlightRecord folder and upload it either in DropBox or GoogleDrive for further analysis.
[view_image]

I have uploaded your logs! How much more will you check with your team? Are you stoned there?
2021-5-10
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_lJ3HR1e5X8ex Posted at 5-9 08:38
I think this is a joke from DJI support:
Please try the following troubleshooting steps:

This was actually one of the first things I tried.  The theory behind the idea of binding to a different account could force the update to happen.  However the problem is in the update and I hope it doesn't take 2 months for them to figure that out.  Good luck
2021-5-10
Use props
djiuser_UZ343itTLwIp
lvl.1

Thailand

Is there a way to get notified once it's fixed? Or do we have to keep monitoring this thread every day?
2021-5-10
Use props
kewlbean
lvl.1
United States

coyotejuice Posted at 5-10 03:21
This was actually one of the first things I tried.  The theory behind the idea of binding to a different account could force the update to happen.  However the problem is in the update and I hope it doesn't take 2 months for them to figure that out.  Good luck

Is there a way to downgrade the firmware or factory reset the drone to original so we don't make the mistake of updating the Fly Safe database?

I guess not.
2021-5-10
Use props
djiuser_lJ3HR1e5X8ex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1339905 ft
Germany

djiuser_UZ343itTLwIp Posted at 5-10 03:37
Is there a way to get notified once it's fixed? Or do we have to keep monitoring this thread every day?

5 minutes ago I had a support chat with DJI. They said to me that they are woking on it. They will wrote me a mail (I also opened a ticket on weekend) when it it solved. But the time from DJI and nothing to hear from them is terrible. Bad things DJI...
2021-5-10
Use props
djiuser_lJ3HR1e5X8ex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1339905 ft
Germany

From support actually:
Dear Mr Patrick Junski,

thanks for reaching out to DJI Technical Support.

I am sorry for hearing about the problem with your DJI FPV.

Our engineers are already working on this Issue, as soon as we have feedback from them, we will offer the solution to you. I am sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your understanding.

If you have any other question, please feel free to contact us again.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards,
Muyi Yang
Technischer Support DJI GmbH
Tel.
Support: 09771 - 906 990 (Mon-Fri 9:00AM – 3:00PM UTC+1)
Email: support.ge@dji.com

2021-5-10
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

How hard would it be to repacking the old fly safe database and push this out until they find out what went wrong with the new one. It’s not rocket science.
2021-5-10
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

This issue makes me think. If the GOV tells DJI to ground all drones, DJI has the power to just that in a blink of an eye! Even if there is a problem with system or just servers we will be grounded due to there No Fly Database/Rules.

Thats something to think about.
2021-5-10
Use props
DJI Miguel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 549993 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_lJ3HR1e5X8ex Posted at 5-7 23:21
No I made the update with DJI Assitant 2 (FPV); not over the DJI Fly App.

same for me
2021-5-10
Use props
DJI Miguel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 549993 ft
United Kingdom

Same in the UK I'm FEELING ANGRY
2021-5-10
Use props
SashaLAS
lvl.1
  • >>>
Ukraine

AlanHd Posted at 5-10 03:51
How hard would it be to repacking the old fly safe database and push this out until they find out what went wrong with the new one. It’s not rocket science.

Because they are complete idiots! They put a dick on clients and they absolutely don't give a fuck about us! We must all get together and file a class action lawsuit!
2021-5-10
Use props
Infinitarium
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27684 ft
United Kingdom

I've just been told by a support agent, that they will replace my drone. Which is incredibly short sighted... as all I'm going to do is have to go through the activation process update all the firmware & FlySafe Database and be back in square 1.

I've spoken to 2 support agents who don't know about this issue enough.
2021-5-10
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Infinitarium Posted at 5-10 04:36
I've just been told by a support agent, that they will replace my drone. Which is incredibly short sighted... as all I'm going to do is have to go through the activation process update all the firmware & FlySafe Database and be back in square 1.

I've spoken to 2 support agents who don't know about this issue enough.

Talk about the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.
2021-5-10
Use props
Tim Hughes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 221181 ft
United States

The update to the app did not resolve the issue still waiting on dji
20210510_061103.jpg
2021-5-10
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
United States

kewlbean Posted at 5-10 03:37
Is there a way to downgrade the firmware or factory reset the drone to original so we don't make the mistake of updating the Fly Safe database?

I guess not.

Unfortunately no... Something to do with the persistent flight data or something like that.
2021-5-10
Use props
sbarton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877110 ft
United States

djiuser_WxuRRS64IqST Posted at 5-9 07:53
I got 3 days left before I can take this bk to bestbuy. I’ll take it if no fix before the last day.

Return it  and get a new one anyway.  You'll get a new drone and 30 more days of warranty.  Let DJI eat the cost of reselling a used unit they turned into a brick.  Maybe if enough people do this they'll get the picture that they need to work on their testing and quality control as well as customer support.  
2021-5-10
Use props
TheFixXxer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1430272 ft
United States

Having ......well, Had the same issue. Purchased my FPV Drone saturday, spent 7 hours dealing with this exact issue. Tried updating on the computer and DJI Assistant 2 sees the devices but never even offered me a chance to update the firmware. Connected to my Ipad mini which has worked flawless with my Mavic for years now and it gave me the prompt to update but the firmware update for some reason can not be done over wifi it has to be done over a cellular network. Ok no problem been there dont that with the flysafe garbage on my mavic before, download the app to my Note 10+ bypassing the prompts that say this can damage my phone and everything "updates" as the app says.  
Look back in my goggles and most of the warning prompts are gone except for the "flysafe database error". App says its all up to date...drone says otherwise.

Drone was returned to BestBuy the very next day. Willing to purchase another if this will be fixed quickly or i will loose interest and just keep flying my Mavic.

Things i have noticed
1: Drone connected to the DJI Assistant 2 never once prompted me for a update, I always use my computer for updates just easier
2: Updates will not download over a wifi connection on a ipad or my note 10, that is pretty dumb. Keep getting a server error.
3: The FPV seems to be a solid drone looks very well built but i would have fired your entire software team.

The FPV seems to be a great product, and I would love to add one to my collection but i dont want a $1390.99 paper weight.
2021-5-10
Use props
SashaLAS
lvl.1
  • >>>
Ukraine

Tim Hughes Posted at 5-10 04:48
Possible FIX!!!!

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE:

Nothing has changed! This is an update of the assistant itself, and the firmware has not been updated! The error remained, I asked for everything
2021-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules