37171 609 2021-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YonDel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15561 ft
United States

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 5-10 13:26
It's about 530 am Tuesday from HQ location and 530pm Monday here in Toronto, Canada. If the update will be available it should be tomorrow Tuesday on my end.

Well Maybe, keeping my hopes up.

What I did was opened Fly without connecting anything and saw the Download New firmware. I should had taken a damn snapshot. But ill try to do it again once i get out BB in a few.
2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 848038 ft
Canada

YonDel Posted at 5-10 13:54
What I did was opened Fly without connecting anything and saw the Download New firmware. I should had taken a damn snapshot. But ill try to do it again once i get out BB in a few.

Well Buddy,

I am going to fly it tomorrow with or without the update. Working on the largest salad bowl I have to turn the motor on while it is covered up before I set it free...
2021-5-10
Use props
Tim Hughes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 221181 ft
United States

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 5-10 11:37
As a tech behind the scene not in the same field but when I do ask someone to update the firmware I get the entire batch sent to that was updated from the last previous update.

Sorry to get technical but they may not even know what was updated in the firt place or to see what exactly was updated automatically or not. They rather not start from scratch and see what type of error they have for a simple fix right away. Starting from step 1 to step 10 will take a lot longer process.

Thanks for the insight and knowledge. Unfortunately I was trying to ignore the obviouse reasons and it being rhetorical but more just voicing frustration I guess.
2021-5-10
Use props
catware
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1087470 ft
United States

I got the motors to start up for the first time in 4 days of owning this. I covered a cardboard box with aluminum foil and put it over the top of the drone. The motors then started up after I gave the command. When I took the box off, the motors instantly shut down and I got "Flysafe database error".
2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

Tim Hughes Posted at 5-10 14:19
Thanks for the insight and knowledge. Unfortunately I was trying to ignore the obviouse reasons and it being rhetorical but more just voicing frustration I guess.

I am on your side and many of us are unhapy with this situation and many of us just recently got it, I only had 5 days of use with 4 bats, wanted to fly this weekend that past in full manual with no limitation.

Only if DJI had an IT admin on board on this forum which will help the process move much faster and If I was, all of you would have the answer. As for now, we are all clueless on whats about to happen and just hope for the best for tomorrow.
2021-5-10
Use props
fans32cd4b42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 243783 ft
Ireland

Any news ?  same issue here
2021-5-10
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 5-10 14:42
I am on your side and many of us are unhapy with this situation and many of us just recently got it, I only had 5 days of use with 4 bats, wanted to fly this weekend that past in full manual with no limitation.

Only if DJI had an IT admin on board on this forum which will help the process move much faster and If I was, all of you would have the answer. As for now, we are all clueless on whats about to happen and just hope for the best for tomorrow.

Try reinstalling FLY. I’m telling you an update was there but I just decided to keep on going to forum to show bestbuy what’s going. I wish I would had taken a snapshot.

Ima keep trying. I know what I did and it was to reinstall fly before I left to bestbuy. Maybe it was same update as before but why the same if I had already installed everything the other day, understand?

I already did the exchange but I’m not even going to turn it on or touch it until I know everything is good.

Let’s see what happens.
2021-5-10
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8235935 ft
United States

catware Posted at 5-10 14:40
I got the motors to start up for the first time in 4 days of owning this. I covered a cardboard box with aluminum foil and put it over the top of the drone. The motors then started up after I gave the command. When I took the box off, the motors instantly shut down and I got "Flysafe database error".

I am guessing you took the box off too soon.  take it off just as you throttle up just a tiny bit. but not enough to lift up.  It happened on mine because I left it sit too long and I watched 1% gps signal leak in just for a fraction of a second.  try it again quite a few people are making it work.  Myself I started launching from the back of a 60x100 steel building and just fly right out the door.  But if you get even the tiniest signal right before the rotors spin up they will shut down again when the flight computer sees it. its kind of a delayed reaction...
2021-5-10
Use props
OConnorStP
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,

I was following up to a response I got on the similar/parallel thread I kicked off about this topic.  Here's a link to the thread - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=242053

The admin (Natalia) asked me to connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 in order to download my logs.  When I did that, I couldn't get to that screen because the app immediately popped up this screen suggesting that there's an update to do first.  Has anybody clicked through that screen and met with success??  I'm ever so hopeful.

DJI Assistant 2 screen - update Fly Safe Database.jpg
2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

OConnorStP Posted at 5-10 15:46
Hi all,

I was following up to a response I got on the similar/parallel thread I kicked off about this topic.  Here's a link to the thread - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=242053
[Image]

It's an update for fly assistant not for the one we want which is fly safely data update.
2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

OConnorStP Posted at 5-10 15:46
Hi all,

[Image]
Dji won't downgrade to our previous fly safely data, they have to maintain the recent one due to safety act, and hopefully fixed soon.  

The only downgrade we can get is the firmware which isn't the issue at all. Fly safety data isn't even a firmware it's more like a boundaries for us to fly, rules regulation. That's why they won't allow us to downgrade, correct me if Im wrong please and kindly.

For that being said they may have to go through a lot more collecting data info from fly zone etc...
2021-5-10
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 5-10 15:56
Dji won't downgrade to our previous fly safely data, they have to maintain the recent one due to safety act, and hopefully fixed soon.
I been did the upgrade for the assistant program when it came out. Here I got the message again with upgrade.

Maybe its trying to reinstall assist again but I know I did it already.

Here is the snapshot that I just had. It comes up without me even connecting or turning on anything. But you might be right regarding what you said. It could be trying to install the same thing.
IMG_20210510_195950409.jpg
2021-5-10
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

The only downgrade we can get is the firmware which isn't the issue at all. Fly safety data isn't even a firmware it's more like a boundaries for us to fly, rules regulation. That's why they won't allow us to downgrade, correct me if Im wrong please and kindly.

I dont even want to click on it until DJI says its good to go.
2021-5-10
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

I just checked and the new DJI assist is 246mb, the new file that im getting to install is 335.3mb. So this is a different file to download.
2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

YonDel Posted at 5-10 16:12
I just checked and the new DJI assist is 246mb, the new file that im getting to install is 335.3mb. So this is a different file to download.

Let me investigate on my end for you before doing so...
2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

YonDel Posted at 5-10 16:12

Did you update earlier on today? Because we got an update for dji assistant 2.
2021-5-10
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 5-10 16:14
Let me investigate on my end for you before doing so...

Ok. I haven't even unboxed my new exchanged or anything. It just comes up in my fly although I did every upgrade that cane out for us since the error.
2021-5-10
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 5-10 16:16
Did you update earlier on today? Because we got an update for dji assistant 2.
Yes I did upgrade to the new version of Assist. I was just comparing it to this file. I even had the old assist .exe in my computer and the file size is also lower than the new assist I have installed. Both .exe files of assist is lower than the upgrade its telling me to download.
2021-5-10
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

I wish I could just download it in my phone and give it to someone that currently has the error to try out. Im afraid to even click on it although the fpv is not on and in the new box.
2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

YonDel Posted at 5-10 16:19
Yes I did upgrade to the new version of Assist. I was just comparing it to this file. I even had the old assist .exe in my computer and the file size is also lower than the new assist I have installed. Both .exe files of assist is lower than the upgrade its telling me to download.

You can upgrade the new firmware to your phone or pc but do not connect your FPV drone at all since this isnt the update we want. I didn't get any updates for firmware or fly safely datat at all which means you will get the same issues from the last one you got.
2021-5-10
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

I think im just going to leave it alone lol. When I hear DJI say something then ill go ahead and install. For now I'll leave it the way it is as I dont want to make a second trip to BB. I think you are right. Its probably the same update that gave an error or DJI would had said something.
2021-5-10
Use props
kewlbean
lvl.1
United States

2021-5-10
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

kewlbean Posted at 5-10 16:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw1imj_uh0o&ab_channel=Mad%27sTech
It was a good episode regarding the Database Error. I just wished DJI would speak about this matter bu posting on there website but I guess money talks first.
2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

YonDel Posted at 5-10 16:41
It was a good episode regarding the Database Error.

I did mention from my previous post about why they couldnt let us downgrade from the previouse fly sately data script.

We are just unlucky to get a script that is corrupted and wont allow us to take off until a newer updated version with new restriction, new geo zoning etc...

Firmware issues vs fly safely data, easy downgrade for firmware issues vs fly safely data which will break the new regulation fly zone area, that is why we cannot downgrade.

This may take a lot longer than expected...
2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

Backpacking info...

All the info he got is from all of us.
2021-5-10
Use props
djiuser_f8fM4yItAUGZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4758386 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

after update this still cant fix all…sam problem 30064
A99788FF-5715-4DC5-A3C5-1AD917A82440.png
2021-5-10
Use props
kewlbean
lvl.1
United States

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 5-10 16:49
I did mention from my previous post about why they couldnt let us downgrade from the previouse fly sately data script.

We are just unlucky to get a script that is corrupted and wont allow us to take off until a newer updated version with new restriction, new geo zoning etc...

I'm just confused as to why it works for some and not others? Specially me? Why me?
2021-5-10
Use props
kewlbean
lvl.1
United States

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 5-10 16:52
Backpacking info...

All the info he got is from all of us.

He was following the issue over the weekend and I gave him the link to this forum so he can make public. Hopefully his video will get DJI to see how big of a problem this is.
2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

kewlbean Posted at 5-10 16:57
I'm just confused as to why it works for some and not others? Specially me? Why me?

Sorry bro,

I'm in the same boat, might as well float together.

Many haven't updated yet or avoiding the updates from all of us that gave the warning out. Collecting all the rules, regulations, geo zones, etc... May take awhile without corrupted files into our drones.

I know BS!
2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

djiuser_f8fM4yItAUGZ Posted at 5-10 16:55
after update this still cant fix all…sam problem 30064

Yeah that was earlier, never did nothing.

Trying to see what kind of fale safe feature this drone has internally at this point to return in back to the way it was but then again it will have to download firmware update with the corrupted fly safely data script.
2021-5-10
Use props
fans63b670c3
lvl.2

United States

upset me the most is DJI still didn't say anything.
2021-5-10
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 5-10 16:49

I totally agree. Like I said before DJI should at least explain to us what's going on and how long this might take. Tgis should be posted in the website news feed area or even let mods know whats up.

This is really crazy how no one has gave us a real answer to this problem. BUT I KNOW ONE THING FOR SURE IS THAT THEY FREAKING NEED TO GET THIS FLY ZONE ... OUT OF DRONES!!! This means that they can ground us any fkin time they want! Even if the government tells them to ground us they have that power to do so and honestly I really dont feel good knowing DJI has that power over us.
2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

YonDel Posted at 5-10 17:35
I totally agree. Like I said before DJI should at least explain to us what's going on and how long this might take. Tgis should be posted in the website news feed area or even let mods know whats up.

Well we know the hidden truth, if they knew how long this will take and all of us would have gotten a notice of some sort, from other post. But they know they can't give a timeline which means it may take awhile longer for us to get our fly safely data script uploaded to our corrupted drones.

Anything that has GPS system on any drones, they have control where we go, what flights and how long and who is using it since it is registered in our platform handle name.

As you can see, none of the admins or mods will never speak up only copy and paste the exact wording that they have been told.

It is now 9:50 am HQ on Tuesday and they should be doing a lot of data work to get this fly safely script for us.
2021-5-10
Use props
fans468c3baa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 349547 ft
Thailand

Same problem.    I did firmware update all.  

My flysafe version is 01.00.01.21

Is right??
6DAAF035-8D31-4C75-9832-D9BA8D195FEE.jpeg
2021-5-10
Use props
kewlbean
lvl.1
United States

I cannot get DJI Assistant to recognize my goggles when I plug it into my PC. Anyone else with this issue? Drone and Radio is recognize by the software.
2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

fans63b670c3 Posted at 5-10 17:33
upset me the most is DJI still didn't say anything.

They wont say anything, they can't take ownership to what they will say.
2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

fans468c3baa Posted at 5-10 18:00
Same problem.    I did firmware update all.  

My flysafe version is 01.00.01.21

Same crap bud, need a different one.
2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

kewlbean Posted at 5-10 18:00
I cannot get DJI Assistant to recognize my goggles when I plug it into my PC. Anyone else with this issue? Drone and Radio is recognize by the software.

Is your goggles connected with your drone and controller? What I meant are they connected without using the app or assistant?
2021-5-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_WxuRRS64IqST Posted at 5-9 00:12
I tried restarting everything but message still shows. It said when I updated that it installed successfully. But still shows message in red.

This is currently being check and monitored. Please take a screenshot of the current version of your Flysafe Database and export the logs from the aircraft by connecting the DJI FPV to the DJI Assistant 2 and choose "Log Export". Your cooperation is highly appreciated in resolving this matter.
2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-10 18:48
This is currently being check and monitored. Please take a screenshot of the current version of your Flysafe Database and export the logs from the aircraft by connecting the DJI FPV to the DJI Assistant 2 and choose "Log Export". Your cooperation is highly appreciated in resolving this matter.

OMG, I really like that character. I'am a big fan!

I take it your the PM mod taking over this situation? Everything is being monitored and if you check out our history conversation you will get many uploads log export.

Would you please give us an update on how long will this take for the new Fly safely data update? Giving us a timeline would really make us more relax.

Please and kindly,
2021-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules