37327 609 2021-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 848038 ft
Canada

YonDel Posted at 5-11 10:46
Im too afraid to turn it on lol. But from what I remember it never did forced me to update. I did that by connecting to Assistant. But i just dont want to risk at all.

It will never force you to update, unless you have data attached to your drone aka cell phone with the app on. But you still have to activate your drone, no way around it.
2021-5-11
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

X64TNT Posted at 5-11 10:50
i think you should be fine but im not 100% sure i only have one briked fpv drone
this guy on youtube says that when they updated assistaint 2 to 2,1.1 they fixed what was breaking our drones (yet to fix the broken drones)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw1imj_uh0o

Well guess what?

All that info came from us, he got a notification from our member to take a look at our link provided and he made a video just to expose DJI and himself for more views...

All that info is us... Not him, he is more clueless and I'm sure he is backpacking our info as we speak.

2021-5-11
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

cootertwo Posted at 5-11 10:35
WoW! I have a second FPV kit arriving tomorrow from Amazon. Same question? Will it try to do the unwanted update ????

Are you planning to activate your drone? No way around it, also firmware for your bats... Your stuck!
2021-5-11
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

cootertwo Posted at 5-11 10:35
WoW! I have a second FPV kit arriving tomorrow from Amazon. Same question? Will it try to do the unwanted update ????

This is my post, read carefully and understand it...
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... tid=242304#lastpost
2021-5-11
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

fans468c3baa Posted at 5-11 05:56
I had received e-mail from DJI.
------------

In case you need to know more about why this may take longer than expect, hopefully I am wrong about it since all of us just want to fly.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... tid=242304#lastpost
2021-5-11
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8235935 ft
United States

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 5-11 05:02
If you are a software professional?

Explain this, firmware vs fly safely data?

Firmware vs database is a huge difference.  Firmware is like windows or android in a sense.  A database runs on or within the firmware similar to how a database runs on windows.  When these update the firmware it also updates the flysafe "database"  this is where the problem come from or at least what people are speculating.  The software engineers are the only ones who will likely ever know exactly what went wrong where.  So rolling back the firmware will still give a corrupted "database" since it is completely independant.
2021-5-11
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15561 ft
United States

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 5-11 10:59
It will never force you to update, unless you have data attached to your drone aka cell phone with the app on. But you still have to activate your drone, no way around it.

True. Damn! Lol This really sucks as I haven’t got around to fly it at all since I bought it. I should had kept my Autel pro at least I would be flying now.

Oh well. I guess there is nothing we can do except wait.
2021-5-11
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
United States

coyotejuice Posted at 5-11 11:31
Firmware vs database is a huge difference.  Firmware is like windows or android in a sense.  A database runs on or within the firmware similar to how a database runs on windows.  When these update the firmware it also updates the flysafe "database"  this is where the problem come from or at least what people are speculating.  The software engineers are the only ones who will likely ever know exactly what went wrong where.  So rolling back the firmware will still give a corrupted "database" since it is completely independant.

Thats also why you have periodioc flysafe updates when you connect.   This is simply updating the "database" without updating the firmware.  Kind of like updating your word processor software on your pc.  you dont have to update the entire operating system just to update the word processor.  hope this makes sense......
2021-5-11
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

coyotejuice Posted at 5-11 11:36
Thats also why you have periodioc flysafe updates when you connect.   This is simply updating the "database" without updating the firmware.  Kind of like updating your word processor software on your pc.  you dont have to update the entire operating system just to update the word processor.  hope this makes sense......

Well said, at least you understand more than others. I'm almost a commercial pilot myself and they get updates daily from air traffic control environment. That is why I think putting the fly safely database will take much longer in timeline.

But I really do wish I am wrong.
2021-5-11
Use props
kewlbean
lvl.1
United States

I love how this forum became a HOT trending topic yet we still haven't heard anything from DJI. This is so unprofessional. Please at least put out a statement on your website acknowledging this issue to warn your consumers.
2021-5-11
Use props
Tim Hughes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 221181 ft
United States

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 5-11 09:21
At this point, my point of view. I feel like I am doing a lot more than the Admins or Mods in this forum base platform. I do lots of research through all the companies I work for in the past, problem solving to product improvements is what I do best.

Properly inform for product owners should be first priority in my books. I have plenty of times on my hand since we are in a lock down and many business are not open fully, this is why I try my best to keep everyone up to date with this issues we are having.

I'm with you brother, weve been a lot better as a community with our communication then dji has.  I actually have more information then dji tech support thanks to the communities efforst to keep all informed. I was excited when you posted the youtube link: https://youtu.be/fw1imj_uh0o

Yes we dont have a solution yet but it's on the way. Glad they are realizing their mistake and taking responsibility kinda As a group we will work our forces. Next I guess we start calling news companies and exposing how bad of an issue this is. Im sure there are a few I can contact that would love to pry into dji. Lol we just want solutions dji!
2021-5-11
Use props
fans32cd4b42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 243783 ft
Ireland

Hi Did anyone tried fly drone with no GPS outside?
2021-5-11
Use props
SilencedTim
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129577 ft

United States

fans32cd4b42 Posted at 5-11 12:36

yup as per prior post on the thread others have placed metal pots, tin foil around boxes and even metal buildings that block the GPS signal. Once you got the props going they stay on until you shut it off then you gotta do it all over for each battery.

I also would like to know if anyone see the issue with the AIR2S Unable to take-off (Code: 30064)
https://forum.dji.com/thread-242056-1-1.html as a possible connection to our issue?
2021-5-11
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
United States

yea it works kind of.  I flew all afternoon then at 530 this morning the thing went schitzoid and bounced off my ceiling broke it all to hell.....  So careful.......
2021-5-11
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
United States

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 5-11 11:57
Well said, at least you understand more than others. I'm almost a commercial pilot myself and they get updates daily from air traffic control environment. That is why I think putting the fly safely database will take much longer in timeline.

But I really do wish I am wrong.

I read somewhere on here it was a post quoted from DJI software division it said that Flysafe is releasing a revised update in 1-3 business days.  cross our fingers.
2021-5-11
Use props
SilencedTim
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129577 ft

United States

coyotejuice Posted at 5-11 12:49
I read somewhere on here it was a post quoted from DJI software division it said that Flysafe is releasing a revised update in 1-3 business days.  cross our fingers.

read it too
2021-5-11
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
United States

Greg_974 Posted at 5-11 04:07
Hello guys !

I just got a mail update from DJI Support. It seems that they are currently working on a firmware update that will be published in the next 1-3 business days

Bump here is the letter.
Hello guys !

I just got a mail update from DJI Support. It seems that they are currently working on a firmware update that will be published in the next 1-3 business days
See mail below :
----------------------
Dear Gregory,

Please accept my sincere apology for this inconvenience caused.
Please kindly be informed that the fly safe team only provides English language service currently, so I will try to understand your email by google translate, if any misunderstanding caused, please correct me if I was wrong.

Regarding the Flysafe Database Error issue, a new version of firmware for DJI FPV will be published in the next 1-3 business days to solve this issue.

Please kindly pay attention to the update of the new firmware. Your understanding and patience will be highly appreciated!

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We are always here to help.

Best regards,

Jeff.Liu
DJI Technical Support
YouTube: http://s.dji.com/DJI-Tutorials

2021-5-11
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

kewlbean Posted at 5-11 11:57
I love how this forum became a HOT trending topic yet we still haven't heard anything from DJI. This is so unprofessional. Please at least put out a statement on your website acknowledging this issue to warn your consumers.

Its all over all the groups I'm in from FB.
2021-5-11
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

Tim Hughes Posted at 5-11 12:25
I'm with you brother, weve been a lot better as a community with our communication then dji has.  I actually have more information then dji tech support thanks to the communities efforst to keep all informed. I was excited when you posted the youtube link: https://youtu.be/fw1imj_uh0o

Yes we dont have a solution yet but it's on the way. Glad they are realizing their mistake and taking responsibility kinda  As a group we will work our forces. Next I guess we start calling news companies and exposing how bad of an issue this is. Im sure there are a few I can contact that would love to pry into dji. Lol we just want solutions dji!

Thats not my link buddy, thats someone who is surfing through our conversation getting free info to make a post to get himself notice, but if that was my channel i would make sure everyone here gets the credit that all the information came from this forum... That guy is basically taking it and making himself look at his best.

2021-5-11
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

I learned this from my own from last year when I first got my mini and turned on the motor indoors with no gps with a fly with caution but it still tried landing. I got my FPV started inside my basement parking lot and you have to get the motor started right away.

Everyone has different ways and experience to fly it but it's annoying...
2021-5-11
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

coyotejuice Posted at 5-11 12:49
I read somewhere on here it was a post quoted from DJI software division it said that Flysafe is releasing a revised update in 1-3 business days.  cross our fingers.

I just hope its right, same goes on Mavic 2s section that they got the same notice. Don't forget we had this issue for how long now?

2021-5-11
Use props
jimmylee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 367352 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure what is going on here but have not flown my FPV in about a week.

Just got done flying about 10 minutes ago and all was fine.

Everything seemed to work as usual and it did not ask me to update anything.

Maybe I got lucky and they pulled the bad update.
2021-5-11
Use props
Capain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

My Assistant app is now 2.1.3 after the update maybe a good sign.
2021-5-11
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

jimmylee Posted at 5-11 13:23
Not sure what is going on here but have not flown my FPV in about a week.

Will you be a tester for us and update it?
2021-5-11
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

Capain Dangerous Posted at 5-11 13:27
My Assistant app is now 2.1.3 after the update maybe a good sign.

Thats looking good, have you update it?
2021-5-11
Use props
jimmylee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 367352 ft
  • >>>
United States

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 5-11 13:51
Will you be a tester for us and update it?

I'll pass, if it aint broke dont fix it!  lol
2021-5-11
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

Lol no one wants to try it lol
2021-5-11
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

jimmylee Posted at 5-11 14:00

I am really happy you said NO.

2 of my friends updated it last Saturday for the first flight and thats when all 3 little pigs looking at each other looking for that big bad wolf...
2021-5-11
Use props
Denis9
lvl.2

Canada

Hey Guys !

May 11, 2021

Received new DJI FPV combo. Activated and updated via DJI Fly on Android device. Flying without any issues so far.

Is the Flysafe Database issue only affecting certain people ?
2021-5-11
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

jimmylee Posted at 5-11 14:00

I am jealous you have a beautiful drone to fly man.
2021-5-11
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

YonDel Posted at 5-11 14:17
Lol no one wants to try it lol

Yeah, wanted to figure it out if he did update it. I had my phone attached for people to see my first manual flight last Saturday with the limitation on obviously as I am still 5 days in with fpv flights. Then I got a notice for that stupid update.
2021-5-11
Use props
Mark Blaide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246014 ft
United States

jimmylee Posted at 5-11 13:23
Not sure what is going on here but have not flown my FPV in about a week.

I think if you don't connect your phone to the goggles it won't check for updates.
2021-5-11
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

Denis9 Posted at 5-11 14:32
Hey Guys !

May 11, 2021

Try updating it again and lets see if its affecting certain people, thats the only way to figure out. Thats if you want to be a tester.

Because not many have updated it recently yet because the warning we all gave out. As the saying goes bad news travel faster than bad news.

So plug it in, apply that latest update that is waiting for you and let us know if its only certain serial fpv drone and if yours still works than we can give that info to DJI tech support.

Please helps us!
YonDel would like to know also
2021-5-11
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

Mark Blaide Posted at 5-11 14:54
I think if you don't connect your phone to the goggles it won't check for updates.

that is 100% correct my friend.
2021-5-11
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 5-11 14:56
Try updating it again and lets see if its affecting certain people, thats the only way to figure out. Thats if you want to be a tester.

Because not many have updated it recently yet because the warning we all gave out. As the saying goes bad news travel faster than bad news.
Lol. Yea I’ll give it a go. I have another 15 days to exchange for another one in bestbuy. Ok as soon as I get in I’ll do it. I’ll be in the house like in 45mins.

Any advice like if I should connect this or that first? Or just install everything like the manual says?
2021-5-11
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

Fly does keep asking me to download new firmware. The firmware I was talking about yesterday. 335mb
2021-5-11
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

YonDel Posted at 5-11 15:12
Fly does keep asking me to download new firmware. The firmware I was talking about yesterday. 335mb

Ohhh crap buddy, are you the one who will do this test? I really don't want you to jump this building man, I preffer someone else.

Before you do so, take note of the fly safely data info from your settings in the goggles about info. Also the firmware info but you need to take that photo to post.

Yeah just do it as the manual would say.

But really bro? I don't want you to...
2021-5-11
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

YonDel Posted at 5-11 15:09
Lol. Yea I’ll give it a go. I have another 15 days to exchange for another one in bestbuy. Ok as soon as I get in I’ll do it. I’ll be in the house like in 45mins.

Any advice like if I should connect this or that first? Or just install everything like the manual says?

If you do, post the photo before and after the update. Like to figure out if its a certain drones.

But I rather someone else bro!

So I'm saying, don't jump!!!
2021-5-11
Use props
djiuser_O8ILBMEYFFdh
lvl.1
United States

Any one ever fail to update due to error 5-2-4 when using DA2? The customer service ask me to return for repairing, and created a UPS ground shipping for me
I am wondering if there is any chance I don't need to do so.
2021-5-11
Use props
fans1fe56bfc
lvl.1

United States

How do I upload the new package?  I downloaded the new V2.1.1 and don't see anything new on DJI Assistant 2
2021-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules