Active track losing us
1112 4 2021-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sams Magician
New
United Kingdom

I bought this to track my horse and myself in the school, however as soon as we walk away it stops tracking, could it be that it doesn't recognise the horse when it is at a different angle? Or is it too far away? Although it looses us the minute we walk away. It the Pocket 2 capable of videoing this activity?
2021-5-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Sams Magician. Thanks for reaching out! Please check the distance between the DJI Pocket 2 and the subject that you're tracking as the maximum distance is only within 5 meters (within 3 meters when tracking the subject for the first time).
2021-5-8
Use props
djiuser_NtehCobtEfum
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-8 23:48
Hi, Sams Magician. Thanks for reaching out! Please check the distance between the DJI Pocket 2 and the subject that you're tracking as the maximum distance is only within 5 meters (within 3 meters when tracking the subject for the first time).

I'm having a problem where at around 1.5-2m the Pocket 2 will lose face-tracking every time. I was trying to get it to remain focused on my face while I backed up and grabbed some resistance bands I had attached to a railing outside the other day and with the Pocket 2 placed on the ground only like maybe 5-7 feet away even if I remained staring into the camera to assist the face-tracking once I get around what feels like 2m away it will stop tracking my face. More annoying still is that it doesn't re-acquire face-tracking with the lost subject, one needs to walk back over to the Pocket and press the button twice to "recenter the camera" and then it will turn face-tracking back on. I will upload a video to youtube to demonstrate this with my review. Not impressed with the face tracking of the Pocket 2, it's primary defining feature.
2021-5-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_NtehCobtEfum Posted at 5-9 07:42
I'm having a problem where at around 1.5-2m the Pocket 2 will lose face-tracking every time. I was trying to get it to remain focused on my face while I backed up and grabbed some resistance bands I had attached to a railing outside the other day and with the Pocket 2 placed on the ground only like maybe 5-7 feet away even if I remained staring into the camera to assist the face-tracking once I get around what feels like 2m away it will stop tracking my face. More annoying still is that it doesn't re-acquire face-tracking with the lost subject, one needs to walk back over to the Pocket and press the button twice to "recenter the camera" and then it will turn face-tracking back on. I will upload a video to youtube to demonstrate this with my review. Not impressed with the face tracking of the Pocket 2, it's primary defining feature.

We're sorry to read about your experience. Our team has confirmed that tracking will be optimized in the next firmware version. We hope that it'll be released soon and it'll solve also the problem you're currently experiencing.
2021-5-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

It will be good if it's optimised, but djiuser_NtehCobtEfum should be aware that the DJI Pocket devices have never re-acquired a face once lost.  This is a feature of one of the competitive devices, but it has its downsides, namely that tracking is liable to lock onto the first face seen after the original face is lost.  I would be surprised if DJI switched to that way of working this late in the game.
2021-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules