Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FPV newbie -- "Fly Safe Database error" -- drone won't fly
12033 55 2021-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks for the heads up ! , I was thinking of updating and saw these posts .
2021-5-11
Use props
OConnorStP
lvl.1
United States

SWITCH TO THIS THREAD TO GET THE LATEST NEWS -- that's where the main discussion is taking place -- I will cross-post here when there's a fix for those of us with FPV drones.  

https://forum.dji.com/thread-242040-1-1.html

UPDATE FROM THAT THREAD --  there is no fix at this time
2021-5-12
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 848038 ft
Canada

OConnorStP Posted at 5-12 04:05
SWITCH TO THIS THREAD TO GET THE LATEST NEWS -- that's where the main discussion is taking place -- I will cross-post here when there's a fix for those of us with FPV drones.  

https://forum.dji.com/thread-242040-1-1.html

FIXED!!!!!
1. Visit this link to download the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads ... nt-2-dji-fpv-series

2. Sign in the DJI account in the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series).

Account:   DJI_aftersales@163.com
Password:  DJI123456

3. Update the Aircraft Firmware version to 01.01.2401

4. After updated to 01.01.2401, please kindly try taking off outdoor when the GPS signal is strong.

5. After taking off successfully, please kindly use the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) to rollback the Aircraft Firmware version to 01.01.0000.
2021-5-12
Use props
OConnorStP
lvl.1
United States

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 5-12 06:23
FIXED!!!!!
1. Visit this link to download the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-dji-fpv-series

Excellent news!

Hey people, GO TO THE PRIMARY THREAD IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.  We're all over there and will help you.  I really don't want this thread to run in parallel any more.  Here's the link.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=242040  
2021-5-12
Use props
HushThatPanda
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 5-9 19:33
Hi there, sorry for the issue. Just to verify, did you refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant2 before the "Flysafe database error" occurs? If not, please confirm whether you had manually updated the [aircraft safety database] on the app? At the same time, the below information is needed: 1.Screenshot of the [About] page of the goggles V2, need to see the version number of the aircraft [Flysafe Database];2.Take Aircraft to connect to the DA2 to export the Controller Aircraft Data,choose "Log Export";3.The specific time node when  "Flysafe database error" appears.Please upload the logs to Dropbox or Googles Drive and then share the link with me. Thanks.

Do you have a solution for people with the M1 Macbook Pro? I read in the notes that this fix wasn't supported with that chip. Thx
2021-5-14
Use props
jdamcintoshgmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1311726 ft
Jamaica

2021-5-16
Use props
J-Mac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1311726 ft
Jamaica

I have been able to successfully fix this issue with the help of DJI Support. Something I haven noted is that when this error occurs, where I would normally be able to fly I could not and where there is a no fly zone, I was able to fly, very unusual. Let me make this guide to fixing it short and sweet.
1. You will need to connect your drone to your Microsoft Windows computer, it will not work on an apple computer believe me I’ve tried. Download the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 for SJI FPV (https://www.dji.com/mobile/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-dji-fpv-series)
2. Sign in the DJI account in the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series).
Account:   DJI_aftersales@163.com
Password:  DJI123456
3. Update the Aircraft Firmware version to 01.01.2401
4. After updated to 01.01.2401, please kindly try taking off outdoor when the GPS signal is strong.
5. After taking off successfully, use the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) to rollback the Aircraft Firmware version to 01.01.0000.
That’s it
2021-5-16
Use props
brad.staff
lvl.2
Australia

Brand new just purchased it 4th June 2021, and it won't work because of this error. This supposed fixes above make no difference at all, I still get the Flysafe database error.

Over it, and have submitted a request for full refund. Going to build my own drone, and mine will actually work.
2021-6-4
Use props
OConnorStP
lvl.1
United States

brad.staff Posted at 6-4 02:01
Brand new just purchased it 4th June 2021, and it won't work because of this error. This supposed fixes above make no difference at all, I still get the Flysafe database error.

Over it, and have submitted a request for full refund. Going to build my own drone, and mine will actually work.

Sorry to read your news.  I just initialized a new one (I have a little fleet, for group-fun) and the updates were uneventful.  

I would think these days just doing the normal firmware update with DJI Fly would do the trick.  The instructions in these threads were for folks who ran into this trouble some months ago and were using pre-release versions of firmware.  But DJI released new firmware and you're the first to have posted about trouble since then.

UPDATE:

Ah!  I can see how this happened.  I switched to a different iPad for an afternoon session with the new drone.  That device had an old version of the DJI Fly app on it (which had an old version of "new" firmware associated with it).  Once I updated the app on the iPad, it downloaded a new version of firmware (the current one).  If an out-of-date version of DJI Fly uploaded an out of date version of firmware to the drone, that could definitely cause the kind of trouble you're seeing.   Try updating the app, and letting it download newer firmware, and then do the goggles/drone/controller update again.  Once it finished the firmware update, it asked to update the Flysafe Database -- and the update was successful.

TIP:  Make sure that the DJI Fly app (and the firmware it thinks is current) is up to date *before* connecting it to the goggles/drone/controller.   

2021-6-4
Use props
Brad Flying
lvl.2
Australia

OConnorStP Posted at 6-4 05:03
Sorry to read your news.  I just initialized a new one (I have a little fleet, for group-fun) and the updates were uneventful.  

I would think these days just doing the normal firmware update with DJI Fly would do the trick.  The instructions in these threads were for folks who ran into this trouble some months ago and were using pre-release versions of firmware.  But DJI released new firmware and you're the first to have posted about trouble since then.

Thanks I will try that.

I am fairly sure I have already tried it, but will try again. I've tried from iPad, Android, Windows 10, MacOS, nothing seems to work. Will report back if it works.
2021-6-4
Use props
Brad Flying
lvl.2
Australia

OConnorStP Posted at 6-4 05:03
Sorry to read your news.  I just initialized a new one (I have a little fleet, for group-fun) and the updates were uneventful.  

I completely uninstalled DJI Fly from my iPad, I then reinstalled it from the App Store. When I launched it, it said there a Flysafe database update available. I did that update (which I already did first time round), the update completed, and finished without error.

I then tried to look through Goggles, after rebooting everything, still seeing "Flysafe database error"

I then logged into a brand new install of DJI Assistant 2 for FPV on PC, using the DJI after sales login, I updated the firmware to the newer one, update worked, tried again, still seeing 'Flysafe database error" in Goggles, and now also seeing a msg about firmware version mismatch between Googles and Drone. So I plug drone into DJI Assistant 2, and also update that to the newer firmware, try again same problem, Flysafe database error.

So even after updating both Goggles and Drone to the newer firmware, I still can't take off as I still see the 'Flysafe database error' messages. The instructions previously in this thread say to take off for a minute, hover, land, then downgrade back to original firmware. Well I can't take off and hover and land, so I have to miss that step, but I then try to downgrade the firmware to original version on both goggles and drone, and guess what - you guessed it - exact same 'Flysafe database error' message.

At this point I think it is totally bricked and unless DJI release a fix in the next 24 hours, mine is going back for full refund, and I'm going to build my own. Not interested in dealing with a company that is clearly well out of its depth.
2021-6-4
Use props
djiuser_DLxS0gXhxX58
lvl.1

Chile

Is there any valid solution?? Stucked with my bricked drone and there is nothing i can do, tried all the options i’ve found on internet but nothing worked. How is this possible DJI, customers are paying  thousands of dolars in your products so they get bricked in ONE week of use, truly disappointing... still waiting for answers. (8/6/21)
2021-6-8
Use props
OConnorStP
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,

Just a reminder -- this isn't the main thread for this problem.  Here's a link to the thread you should follow for the latest information.  
       https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=242040&extra=page%3D1&page=1

The solution that worked for most of us (including me) is found in post 378 in that thread.  it's important to understand that you must sign out of your account at DJI, log in with the credentials in that post and follow the instructions very carefully.

I haven't followed that thread since fixing my drone, but that's the place to ask your questions, not here.  This thread is retired.

2021-6-8
Use props
djiuser_DLxS0gXhxX58
lvl.1

Chile

For god’ s sake!!! When tf is DJI fixing this problem, it has been more than a month and still there is no official solution, really disappointed def not buying DJI products anymore, bought the drone 2 weeks ago and i managed to fly it only twice!!! Unacceptable!!
2021-6-9
Use props
djiuser_c6owqj0SAp1C
lvl.1

Switzerland

Having the same issue over here. Following the steps provided by the Support team (up & downgrade) is not helping either.
2021-6-9
Use props
fans79f0e716
New
  • >>>
United States

Has this issue ever been fixed? I flew yesterday with no problem what so ever… maiden flight. Went to fly again, today… and the flysafe database error came up on my drone.

I then updated the DJI ASSIST V2 to the latest version… updated my goggles and then updated my batteries and remote. And still no luck. What am I doing wrong?
2021-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules