1496 7 2021-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dumitroff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3368763 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have the new DJI Air 2S. With this I can't get above 91 meters in height. All other DJI copters that I have available (Mini2, Air 2) fly in the same place without problems higher than 91 meters. Only the Air 2S complains about "Altitude Class E" and ends at 91 m. The Enhanced Warning Zone is shown on the DJI map, it covers the entire island of Mallorca, from Menorca all the way down to Ibiza. I also see the "warning zone" when, for example, I fly with the normal Air 2 or Mini 2, but they can climb beyond 91 m there without any problems. Only the Air 2S does not allow that. Mobile phone and flight app are the same. What can that be? I don't understand that all other DJI copters don't have this "problem". Does somebody has any idea? The zone here is an "Enhanced Warning Zone". According to Google, there should be at most a warning or a popup to confirm the warning, but nothing more. Can someone help?
2021-5-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, dumitroff. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. Please let us know if you're only encountering the same result if flying within the Enhanced Warning Zone. We also advise checking whether the Max Altitude has been set to 91 meters. If it does, changing it could help resolve the issue. Kindly let us know your findings so we can assist you better.
2021-5-9
Use props
dumitroff
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

Hello, thanks for reply.  I am currently on the island of Mallorca.  The enhanced warning zone extends not only over the entire island of Mallorca, but also over the neighboring islands of Menorca and Ibiza.  So I can't get out of the zone at the moment.  Before I arrived in Mallorca, I flew the drone in Germany as well.  There it climbed higher to 91 meters without any problems.  All other copters I tried, for example the Mini 2 and the normal Air2, each with the latest software, but also fly on Mallorca at the same point, with the same app and the same mobile at the same time beyond the 91 meters.  In all copters the maximum flight altitude is set to 500 m.  Where could the problem be?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-07 um 19.49.50.png
2021-5-9
Use props
Daniskim
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149665 ft
Spain

Hi! Did you found anything about it? I live in Mallorca and it's so frustrating!! DJI Air 2S.
2021-5-27
Use props
dumitroff
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

Nobody could really help me. I now only fly with the Air 2 or the Mini 2 in Mallorca. Without Problems and up to 500 m high. It ist really sad...
2021-5-27
Use props
djiuser_pEGTG9yi22z0
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-9 00:35
Hi, dumitroff. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. Please let us know if you're only encountering the same result if flying within the Enhanced Warning Zone. We also advise checking whether the Max Altitude has been set to 91 meters. If it does, changing it could help resolve the issue. Kindly let us know your findings so we can assist you better.

I have the same problem with my Air2s , and my FPV combo Drone. In the same location, and Max Altitude Set way above 91m.
2021-8-18
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Must be a bug in the zonification. DJI zones don't necessarily correspond with AESA restricted areas or national regulations. In fact, it doesn't, but it works nicely to prevent idiots from buying the drone and flying into airports right out of the box.

If you want to get rid of any alt limit/zone inbuilt in the drone, there's a hack available for all the recent DJI drones that also can change the emitting power to FCC, so you can, for example, climb tall mountains without the need of starting in the middle of it to get the +/- 500m range. Now you can start from the ground and climb all the way up.
2021-8-19
Use props
dumitroff
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 8-19 02:11
Must be a bug in the zonification. DJI zones don't necessarily correspond with AESA restricted areas or national regulations. In fact, it doesn't, but it works nicely to prevent idiots from buying the drone and flying into airports right out of the box.

If you want to get rid of any alt limit/zone inbuilt in the drone, there's a hack available for all the recent DJI drones that also can change the emitting power to FCC, so you can, for example, climb tall mountains without the need of starting in the middle of it to get the +/- 500m range. Now you can start from the ground and climb all the way up.

Sounds great. Where can I get this hack?
2021-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules