3713 13 2021-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans49fca743
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flying my new Air 2S with the DJI smart controller.  My yaw is VERY slow, to the point of dangerous.  It works fine with my standard controller.  I just flew my Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 and it is fine with the smart controller.  Can you help?
2021-5-7
Use props
fans49fca743
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Version on smart controller is v01 01 0040
2021-5-7
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I'd stay away from the SC with the A2S for the time being. Twice since the launch of the A2S I've lost visual transmission but did keep telemetry to return home safely. Bummer for sure!
2021-5-8
Use props
mmoguls
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the warning.  Guess I will stick to the standard controller for now.
2021-5-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fans49fca743. Thanks for reaching out and our apologies to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. If you haven't tried, we suggest doing an RC calibration to see if that helps. Please also check if you're running the latest version of the DJI Fly: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-5-9
Use props
fansd7dee1d6
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-9 00:48
Hi, fans49fca743. Thanks for reaching out and our apologies to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. If you haven't tried, we suggest doing an RC calibration to see if that helps. Please also check if you're running the latest version of the DJI Fly: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

I have installed the latest version of DJI fly, as it will not list the Air 2S if I did not.  I installed the latest controller firmware from dji with my computer.  As the controller works perfectly with my phantom 4 pro 2.0, it would not seem calibration would fix anything?

In addition, I also had an experience where I passed a building, pushed return to home and it then flew up to 1600 feet!  Not good.  It then became unresponsive, but still had video feed.  I cancelled return to home, tried to fly it myself, then tried return to home again.  This time it did so, came back with a 10% battery.  Scary.  What can you do here?
2021-5-10
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

fansd7dee1d6 Posted at 5-10 12:06
I have installed the latest version of DJI fly, as it will not list the Air 2S if I did not.  I installed the latest controller firmware from dji with my computer.  As the controller works perfectly with my phantom 4 pro 2.0, it would not seem calibration would fix anything?

In addition, I also had an experience where I passed a building, pushed return to home and it then flew up to 1600 feet!  Not good.  It then became unresponsive, but still had video feed.  I cancelled return to home, tried to fly it myself, then tried return to home again.  This time it did so, came back with a 10% battery.  Scary.  What can you do here?

1. The SC is too responsive at me, after calibration, still too responsive in FWD-Back-Left-Right.
For turning, you can make the settings in SC.
2. I also have experienced a Hyperlapse where the A2S started to descend in order to land where it was (on a building)...No commands was working for canceling the landing, fortunately was in VLOS and I have managed to guide it to me before it reached land...so strange and scary also...if this would happen out of VLOS, the drone was lost for sure.
3. SC from last update is a piece of junk, DJI is full with incompetents that does not test it in real life but simulations probably...lots of lags-lost signal-FLY restart....on their own hardware...I mean how idiot can be a programmer that cannot implement a software without bugs on their own hardware?
2021-5-11
Use props
Driller 1
New

United States

7/23/22 I am having the same problem with extremely slow yaw. I updated the latest firmware and that seemed to fix it. But after 5 minutes of flying the problem returned. I recalibrated the RC calibration and it was again fixed for 5 minutes and again the problem returned. So I recalibrated again, this time it did not fix the yaw issue. Now i'm searching the internet for answers????
2022-7-23
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Check the yaw rotation speed and yaw smoothness settings in Control>Advanced Gimbal Settings. Note that there are different settings for the different flight modes.
2022-7-23
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had same problem a long time ago with air2s and the smart controller  I found it was not remembering the yaw rotation speed as set, and that i had to set it frequently (each day of flying) and then switch modes back and forth a few times.  
2022-7-23
Use props
JerseyJim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1692270 ft
United States

I know this is an old thread, with recent response, but I noticed same thing on my air 2S this summer when I was zoomed in more than 1.0X. zoomed out and all was good again. Could duplicate it every time.
2022-7-25
Use props
djiuser_76inEUo82fmR
lvl.1
United States

Try factory reseting your control, a smart controller is like a tablet, it stores files, if the storage gets to full, or gets a bad file, it can slow down and not work right, if you fly different drones with the same controller, your storing a lot of information, to execute fast..make sure you do updates, after the factory reset, on the controller, and plug your drone into a pc, with your controller connected to your drone, and refresh or update with dji assistant 2...my works great,I like my smart controller...just keep in clean in the storage drive...it works great
2023-3-14
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

djiuser_76inEUo82fmR Posted at 3-14 19:16
Try factory reseting your control, a smart controller is like a tablet, it stores files, if the storage gets to full, or gets a bad file, it can slow down and not work right, if you fly different drones with the same controller, your storing a lot of information, to execute fast..make sure you do updates, after the factory reset, on the controller, and plug your drone into a pc, with your controller connected to your drone, and refresh or update with dji assistant 2...my works great,I like my smart controller...just keep in clean in the storage drive...it works great

Are you aware you answered a question older than 8 months ?
2023-3-15
Use props
billun1063
New

United States

It’s because of zoom. Just tested. Slower the higher zoom u are on
2023-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules