Problems updating to V01.01.0040
1362 3 2021-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LeeG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169281 ft
United States

I haven't used my MA2 and SC for months. Thought I should update everything as a first step. I fired up DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. Powered on, and plugged in the Smart Controller to my computer's USB. Assistant sees the device. I select the latest V01.01.0040 update, and picked upgrade. It downloads, goes all 100%, then it transmits. About 20% of the way through the smart controller beeps a few times. Screen goes blank on the SC, but lights atop are still sequencing. Assistant says "Update failed." Offers to "Upload Error Log". I tried that, but no idea where this uploads to. At bottom of Assistant it says; Note: Restart the DJI device before updating the firmware. So I shut it down. When it comes back up it says New remote controller version available. Now controller said New Version Detected. So I click UPDATE. Now controller says Version V01.01.0040, and proceeds to download. I let it run. Now SC says Installation package downloaded. Do you want to update now? I pick UPDATE NOW. Gas guage shows Updating progress. Seems to stall at 16%. I let it run though. Now DJI assistant is showing update progress, and it also is stalled at 16%. After about 10 minutes, it starts advancing again. At 98% SC says Firmware Updating. Checking the package. The device is going to reboot... SC restarts. Assistant still says 98%. SC says installing system update. It reboots again. Now says Installing System Update. Reboots again. Says Installing System Update again. Assistant still says it is at 98%. Now Assistant says: The device connection is unstable. Please reconnect the device, then enter the firware upgrade page to confirm the upgrade informatin. I click I SEE. Meanwhile SC reboots and says latest version. Assistant now says V01.01.0040 is current.

This is such a nail biter process. I believe I did eventually get updated, but this is a bumpy road. I shudder everytime I think about needing to update.

No problem here, the update eventually occurred, but not without some scary moments.

2021-5-8
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

I am affraid your SC went to sleep the first time. Around 16% the counter always stalls for some time. Often, when the auto power down is on it gets to sleep at that time. To avoid that you can tap the screen from time to time or higher the power down time or simply put it off while installing the new firmware.

Lucky that happens at a none crucial point in the update process. But it is annoying you have to start all over.

Good that you managed to update the SC in the end. Next time remember to change the auto power down time. It will give you less headache.
2021-5-8
Use props
djiuser_aJjuYdzRnOA4
New

United Kingdom

Hi
I can't open the DJi Assistant on the Mac when I try to download it it won't install.
when you mean SC isa that the controller I use to fly the drone as I'm new to this and only been playing around a while on the drone  

Any help or links so I can sort the vision señor out on my drone as it needs to be updated
2021-5-10
Use props
LeeG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169281 ft
United States

JohnDG Posted at 5-8 18:39
I am affraid your SC went to sleep the first time. Around 16% the counter always stalls for some time. Often, when the auto power down is on it gets to sleep at that time. To avoid that you can tap the screen from time to time or higher the power down time or simply put it off while installing the new firmware.

Lucky that happens at a none crucial point in the update process. But it is annoying you have to start all over.

As mentioned it has been a while. I recall the need to tap the screen since you mentioned it. Thank you for your reply.
2021-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules