Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Android Phantom 2 app (DJI Vision)
4776 3 2021-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is DJI Vision no longer available for Android.  A friend was gifted a Phantom 2 (not + according to the box) and well, not surprisingly based on all the related posts here, image transmission is not working on my iPhone 7 not that it matters because he uses an android phone. Is the DJI VIsion app still available somewhere? Will it work and be compatible to this old boy on a newer android? I have a NVIDIA Shield, that according to a post response I read should be compatible, but the play store doesn't seem to have Vision anymore. Help please!
2021-5-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

There are three Phantom 2 series drones.  One of them is called "Phantom 2."  The other two are called "Phantom 2 Vision" and
"Phantom 2 Vision+."  The latter had an upgrade released later called Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 which included several improvements.  

We like to call the Phantom 2 a "straight Phantom 2" to remove any confusion with the Vision series.

The straight Phantom 2 does not have image transmission unless you add a camera such as a Go Pro which would have its own app.

The Phantom 2 Vision download appears to be working.  https://www.dji.com/phantom-2-vision/info#downloads

So where does this leave us?

2021-5-9
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 5-9 08:13
There are three Phantom 2 series drones.  One of them is called "Phantom 2."  The other two are called "Phantom 2 Vision" and
"Phantom 2 Vision+."  The latter had an upgrade released later called Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 which included several improvements.  

Thank you, I couldn't find it at the play store and didn't think of getting it at the DJI site duhhhh. Guess I'll carry on troubleshooting this bird, see if I can get it running properly for my friend. It is a vision, camera works so it could feasibly be flown and video captured, except composing will be impossible without image transmission and because the camera is not responding to commands and has a fixed angle. Thanks again for your guidance.
2021-5-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I'm not sure what you mean by "has a fixed angle."  Maybe you are talking about the vertical camera tilt?  It should move up or down on start up, at least a little.  Or you should at least hear the motor trying to move it.  The tiny servo motor is on top of the egg where the thin wires come from.  When you start up the drone and then pick up the drone and tilt it forward and back, you should see or at least hear the servo motor trying to tilt the camera.  Don't confuse this with the sound of the tiny fan at the bottom of the egg.  

As far as the wifi and the app working correctly on your mobile device, I doubt it would work correctly on a modern android.  It will work with your nvidia Shield.  However, you must first bind the camera with the range extender if it's not already binded.  You will need the MAC address of the egg camera to do this.  If you're lucky, it's printed on a sticker on the side of the egg (not on the top).  But that's rare.  Otherwise, you'll need to get it with a wifi analyzer - free at the play store.  

If it's binded and you have the app showing correctly with battery info showing, etc., but have a black screen and no FPV image, you'll need to flash the NAND.  There are instructions on the phantompilots site.  There's also a guy on eBay who will do it for $80.  

Good luck

2021-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules