Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

jweaver Posted at 5-13 13:51
Eveerything you say is fine.. Execpt for the fact that the UI shows the Cini/Sport mode when its not true.. That what people are concerned about..

Thats got to be a bug surely? How can the UI show something which isn't true?? No other industry would accept that..

But do you not realize that its the controller that sets that and simply changing RC to normal ATO will eliminate this.
Ive been around here long enough to know that if dji set app straight IE normal at take off then the other half of flyers will tell you there’s a bug with the RC and if dji go back to stopping take off until you put switch to normal the other half will whine about delays at take off, I know thats 3 half’s ;+)

And I hear all the guff about its not in the Manual and I think that might be djis way out here, but that wont end the whining because many just flick through the manual or just consult it after they realize something is a foot.

This thread was not only about informing people about this, its was from opening post a rant about not being able to take off in sport mode, yet the OP is flying long enough to know that he could never take off in sport mode, and it seems if you point this out, you’ve offended some, beats me.
2021-5-13
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

bug:  noun,  an unexpected defect, fault, flaw, or imperfection /// as in "the software was full of bugs"

I think this is definitely an imperfection at the least. I would refer to it as a bug in the design. That does not mean it is not known by the maker. It can mean it is not known by the user.

I once wrote a pc program that used the Metric system deliberately. Most users of the program were in the USA and they rightly called that a bug and objected,  so I "fixed" it.
2021-5-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 5-13 17:54
bug:  noun,  an unexpected defect, fault, flaw, or imperfection /// as in "the software was full of bugs"

I think this is definitely an imperfection at the least. I would refer to it as a bug in the design. That does not mean it is not known by the maker. It can mean it is not known by the user.

ATO please switch to normal mode , craft can only take off in normal mode . Put it in the manual . “Robert’s your fathers Brother”
2021-5-14
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-13 15:25
But do you not realize that its the controller that sets that and simply changing RC to normal ATO will eliminate this.
Ive been around here long enough to know that if dji set app straight IE normal at take off then the other half of flyers will tell you there’s a bug with the RC and if dji go back to stopping take off until you put switch to normal the other half will whine about delays at take off, I know thats 3 half’s ;+)

I didn't mean it to be a rant, and I'm defo not offended by anything you've said as you always make good and valid points.    My issue is that there is a mass of info and checks you need to undertake when taking off, and in the heat of the moment, it's actually quite easy to miss things when the screen is saying one thing but the drone is doing another.
I actually cannot remember the last time I tried to take off in Sports mode as of course I usually land in Normal mode, so it's not actually true to say "I've been flying long enough to know you can't take off in Sports mode".  It would be truer to say "It's easy to forget you can't take off in Sports Mode if the screen is telling you that you're flying in Sports Mode when you're not".  And that is my single beef here.  It's' a screen; they could easily do ANYTHING to make it clear that S mode isn't actually selected, but instead they just leave it showing S Mode or C mode.  And the number of comments both here and on the video should tell you that despite your experience, many people have been caught out by this, and therefore that proves it's misleading and bad design.   (IMHO)  

2021-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules