Silos
918 23 2021-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dark Horse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175276 ft
United States

It's dry, no music, I'll have to learn a little about adding that.   
2021-5-9
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

I haven't yet figured out the simple details of going into the edit room of DJI software.
2021-5-9
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

I have never used the DJI editing software.  Much prefer to download to my desktop PC where I have multiple 24 inch monitors.  On that I am using CyberLink Power director software.

As for your flight, nice little flight around the neighborhood.  As you will find out, farm county offers some very cool video opportunities during different times of the year.  Far different than in the city which does not change much from month to month.  As for critiques, you did pretty well for a beginner.  Slow down your pans, and spend some more time practicing keeping the silo in the center of the picture as you rotate around it.  That makes a very nice (and commonly used) shot in lots of locations.  Getting it to look really good just takes practice.
2021-5-9
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

K6CCC Posted at 5-9 10:08
I have never used the DJI editing software.  Much prefer to download to my desktop PC where I have multiple 24 inch monitors.  On that I am using CyberLink Power director software.

As for your flight, nice little flight around the neighborhood.  As you will find out, farm county offers some very cool video opportunities during different times of the year.  Far different than in the city which does not change much from month to month.  As for critiques, you did pretty well for a beginner.  Slow down your pans, and spend some more time practicing keeping the silo in the center of the picture as you rotate around it.  That makes a very nice (and commonly used) shot in lots of locations.  Getting it to look really good just takes practice.

Hey man, thanks for the tips. I did see that, even as I was flying I thought I need to slow down the pans for a smoother cleaner feel. And I was trying to maintain a consistent rotation around the silos, aware that I wasn't really nailing it. And yes, there are a lot of beautiful times of year, seasons here. We also have land elsewhere and I'm waiting to see that through the seasons with the drone.
2021-5-9
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

And I was trying to maintain a consistent rotation around the silos, aware that I wasn't really nailing it.

It just takes practice.  You'll get there...

And yes, there are a lot of beautiful times of year, seasons here.

This is southern California.  We mostly have two seasons - summer and rain week.
2021-5-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dark Horse. Good day and thank you for posting this wonderful video you have filmed and created. Great work and keep flying. .
2021-5-9
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-9 20:43
Hello there Dark Horse. Good day and thank you for posting this wonderful video you have filmed and created. Great work and keep flying.  .

Thank you sir!
2021-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good first start,  if you want to edit I can recommend DaVinci Resolve,  they have a free tier and its full featured.  Theres also training material on their website or thousands of tutorials on YouTube.
2021-5-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice one.
I like the fields with grass 'stripes' in them!
2021-5-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I subscribed to your channel via 2 channels .
Mine are http://www.youtube.com/c/tricksandtipsnl
http://www.youtube.com/c/PeterMontfrooij
2021-5-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great start!    It's all about practice, and then more practice.  Davinci Resolve is my go to editing software.  
2021-5-10
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 295161 ft
Germany

well for the beginning!
2021-5-10
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

MM Pilot Posted at 5-10 11:39
well for the beginning!

Thank you, sir!
2021-5-10
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 5-10 03:25
Nice one.
I like the fields with grass 'stripes' in them!

Thank you!!!
2021-5-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2021-5-10
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Well done  Sir
2021-5-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Dark Horse. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2021-5-10
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 295161 ft
Germany

It's my pleasure!
2021-5-11
Use props
Frontliner 2020
Second Officer
Philippines

cool video... nicely done...
2021-5-11
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

Thank you Old Crow!
2021-5-11
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

Frontliner 2020 Posted at 5-11 05:12
cool video... nicely done...

Thanks Frontliner!
2021-5-11
Use props
Frontliner 2020
Second Officer
Philippines

you are welcome...
2021-5-11
Use props
ESchimidt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310879 ft
Brazil

Great start!
Nice vídeo
2021-5-22
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

I thought you did well manually circling the silos, it is a two stick process. I practiced around my car to get the hang of it. The faster transition at the corners was the challenge. Regarding the blur as you slide sidways, that move is always best avoided when you are close to the subject. Two things I found that helped was to increase the camera frame speed or slide past slower, as you realise. Where you keep the subject at the centre of the screen as you circle, that was done perfectly. No normal viewer will care about the background in that situation. I like the gentle climb, after takeoff, it was effective. you could have cut out the actual takeoff scene and the overlong over-field flight. I scrubbed past to the silos, because it got boring. Pleasant scenery with good colour and sharpness,  added to the video. Regarding the absence of sound, most times that bit is so badly done by the video maker that I mute unless the video is worth watching. Your video wasn't edited, so no sound was a sensible omission.
2021-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules