3729 10 2021-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sboroblu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 734560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have been looking to get a car charger for the Dji Mini 2.  Is there any of you that use them and if so what would you recommend?  

TIA
2021-5-9
Use props
whiteghost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1479705 ft
United Kingdom

Not using a specific charger but I have charged via the cigarette lighter via USB? Also have an inverter so can also charge via usb to electric socket?
2021-5-9
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

Snap! Same as whiteghost.
2021-5-9
Use props
Sboroblu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 734560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

whiteghost Posted at 5-9 09:59
Not using a specific charger but I have charged via the cigarette lighter via USB? Also have an inverter so can also charge via usb to electric socket?

Thanks, It's more for the camper when I'm not hooked up to mains
2021-5-9
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

QC3.0 or PD usb adapters are available for cars?
So we can charge in the drone in less than 1 hour. (i only have one battery..)
2021-5-9
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235217

2021-5-9
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

I just plug it in the USB outlets in my car. No specific charger.
2021-5-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Sboroblu. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mini 2  and uses a car charger to charge the intelligent flight batteries of the said DJI drone. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories like car chargers to charger the batteries of yout DJI Mini 2's intelligent flight batteries. These 3rd party chargers might affect the said intelligent flight batteries and the said DJI drone when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party chargers will be able work. However, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party chargers if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you.
2021-5-9
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-9 21:00
Hello there Sboroblu. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mini 2  and uses a car charger to charge the intelligent flight batteries of the said DJI drone. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories like car chargers to charger the batteries of yout DJI Mini 2's intelligent flight batteries. These 3rd party chargers might affect the said intelligent flight batteries and the said DJI drone when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party chargers will be able work. However, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party chargers if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

The original DJI two-way charging hub for the mini2 needs an input voltage of 5, 9 or 12 Vdc.
Output voltage to the battery in the hub is max 8.8 Vdc.

So where is the intelligent part of the mini2 battery ?  Is it in the original charger or in the battery ?

I asked my mini2 battery if it can feel difference in loading voltage of the original dji charger or on a non original charger. Answer was:  nope, i just like to feel the correct voltage on my contacts, i have no idea from wich apparatus i get my juice....

Mayby it it wise for DJI to sell a smaller charger than the original charger for the MINI2, as it is often used for travellers who need small chargers for their car or motorcycle etc.

I use my original DJI mini2 batt charger at home, feed by 5 Vdc on a usb power supply, does work great ofcourse, on travelling i use a smaller charger, as said   battery does not feel the difference. 8.8 loading voltage = 8.8 loading voltage (as long as the amps are below max value)

So how intelligent is the battery ??

cheers
JJB

cheers
JJB
2021-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just picked up one of ebay,  there's loads to choose from search "Car Charger Adapter USB QC3.0 PD Type-C Quick Charging Cigarett"
2021-5-10
Use props
mukhas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 832605 ft
Ukraine

I'm using Xiaomi Mi Car Charger 100W. It is great thing with metal design. I can charge even notebooks like MacBook on the go. I ussually charge phone and hub with batteries from Mini 2
I bought my in Aliexpress for apr 15 USD here https://a.aliexpress.com/_ACirpn
Recomend for using!
2021-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules