Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Apophis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22687 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hi,

I bought a new DJI mini 2 this weekend and took some panorama photo's. However, when I go to my album, I can see the pictures there, but I can't download them to my phone. They remain at 0%, and the app doesn't seem to want to create the panorama picture either - just remains at 0%. Whenever I take a new one, the first time I click on generate it gets to 50% and than stops - every time I try it after that, it just remains at 0%. Of course this is quite annoying, can someone help me with this?
2021-5-9
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

hi Apophis,

did you put a SD card in your mini2?

You should be able to get them direct from that sd card.
2021-5-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Apophis. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As posted above kindly please insert and check the SD card on your DJI Mini 2 for us to be able to isolate the said issue. For reference I will post the list of supported SD card for the DJI Mini 2. Thank you.

2021-5-9
Use props
Apophis
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

Yes the pictures are on my SD card, but that doesn't solve the problem. I want to download the pictures directly from my mini on my phone. I read that the mini can auto-generate and stitch those pictures, for example in the 'sphere' function. On my SD card, I just have the individual pictures. So the problem is not that I don't have the pictures (yes they are on my SD card), the problem is that the mini doesn't seem to generate them into one picture and also doesn't seem to be able to send them to my phone.
2021-5-9
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1866086 ft
Netherlands

I think it is your phone that has to generate the pano not the drone itself. So... do you use a phone that is supported? Also maybe fresh install the app etc can help
2021-5-9
Use props
Apophis
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

AlexanderK Posted at 5-9 22:55
I think it is your phone that has to generate the pano not the drone itself. So... do you use a phone that is supported? Also maybe fresh install the app etc can help

I have a Samsung S10+, so I can't imagina that being the problem. I've only just installed the app right from the DJI website, so again would be weird that this would be the problem. It worked fine after the first flight (was able to create 2 panorama photo's on my phone), but after that - nothing any more. Always to 50% at first try, freezes, and after that remains at 0%. Really annoying
2021-5-9
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1866086 ft
Netherlands

Apophis Posted at 5-9 23:23
I have a Samsung S10+, so I can't imagina that being the problem. I've only just installed the app right from the DJI website, so again would be weird that this would be the problem. It worked fine after the first flight (was able to create 2 panorama photo's on my phone), but after that - nothing any more. Always to 50% at first try, freezes, and after that remains at 0%. Really annoying

It just helps to give that kind of info when having problems.
2021-5-10
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

it happened to me sometime ,, after play with the microsd and the drone using the app it will generate it ,,, suddenly you will find it on the DJI Fly app but remember navigate on the gallery meanwhile the microsd is inside the drone
2021-5-10
Use props
Apophis
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

Thanks for the suggestions, but it doesn't change anything I'm afraid. I can see the pictures on the SD card, I just can't generate them
Screenshot_20210510-173754.jpg
Screenshot_20210510-173742.jpg
2021-5-10
Use props
Apophis
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

Nobody who has any idea what to do?
2021-5-11
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

did you try a CHKDSK of your microsd?  it's maybe something corrupted
2021-5-11
Use props
Apophis
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

Yes, the microSD seems fine. The weird thing is that it did work after my first flight (i was able to create two panorama pictures), but after that it stays always at 0% with every new one I make . You can see it on the first picture: the last two pictures are downloaded and created, the pictures on the top row are not.
2021-5-12
Use props
Apophis
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

I still have the same issues. I think it must be a problem with the DJI Fly app comptability with the Samsung Galaxy S10+
The app doesn't download and/or create the panorama pictures - the creating goes maximum to 50% and then freezes.

How can the comptability issues with the samsung galaxy S10+ be fixed?
2021-7-28
Use props
DGDroner
lvl.1

United States

It probably wouldn't hurt to double check your memory on your phone and SD card. If they are close to full it may not be able to process the file size. Just a thought.
2021-7-28
Use props
Apophis
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

Both are close to empty but thanks for suggesting. I've contacted DJI support, they are going to look into it. Seems to be a problem
2021-7-28
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried that little flash icon, top right?
2021-7-29
Use props
Apophis
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

Doesn't make a difference, the problem is the generating of the panorama's - not so much the downloading
2021-7-30
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

It is a general problem. The M2 cannot create panos or 360 by it self like MA2. If you see a stiched picture in the FlyApp it has been generated by the FlyApp in lores.
If you want to have a hires pano or 360 you need to download all pictures on another device and need to use a 3rd party app to create panos or 360's.

I was also very disapointed as i discovered that the M2 is not able to do any complete pano or 360.
2021-7-30
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47664 ft
Finland

Same here.. When I did my first Pano/360 tests I was surprised to find that the DJIFly app had a 360 image.. but the Panoramas were just a collection of photos.

I reported this here and no-one offered any help or explanation.

Since then I have done further tests and 360s are generated every time, but I have never seen a Panorama.. So I came to conclusion that the app simple doesn't (can't?) generator panaormas and now used 3rd party software instead to do it.
2021-7-30
Use props
Apophis
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

Thanks for the feedback. What 3rd party software do you use to generate 360 panorama's?
2021-8-2
Use props
Andre vd Weide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1503937 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

i use panoramastudio 3d pro you can try for free but wil bee watermark on it
2021-8-2
Use props
djiuser_KpwoCTnQ2ejn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 270860 ft
United States

I am having this exact same problem.  the picture is there *in the app... when I click the download icon it starts to generate and freezes... only to go to 50% generate or 0% this is VERY irritating and has cost me several great photos... what is the solution?  please help
2021-10-9
Use props
djiuser_KpwoCTnQ2ejn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 270860 ft
United States

Apophis Posted at 5-9 21:58
Yes the pictures are on my SD card, but that doesn't solve the problem. I want to download the pictures directly from my mini on my phone. I read that the mini can auto-generate and stitch those pictures, for example in the 'sphere' function. On my SD card, I just have the individual pictures. So the problem is not that I don't have the pictures (yes they are on my SD card), the problem is that the mini doesn't seem to generate them into one picture and also doesn't seem to be able to send them to my phone.

hi.. i am having this exact problem... what was the solution you found.  My sphere photos will not generate on the app and transfer from the drone to the gallery
inbound1495928870379812171.jpg
2021-10-9
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

I've also experienced the creation of pano and sphere be very unstable. One thing that always work however:
Go to skypixel.com, create an account first time (or login after that). Download your pictures to the same device. Click on the Upload button to the top right and choose what you want to upload. Skypixel will convert your pictures to the desired format and store it there. You can then share a link to the work.

2021-10-10
Use props
Apophis
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

FYI: still haven't got a solution myself...
2021-10-10
Use props
fans18c3ee69
lvl.1

United Kingdom

When I first got my Mavic Mini 2 sphere photos were no problem now I just have individual photos - seems like when I updated firmware this happened.
2022-1-15
Use props
milosmns
New
Flight distance : 38543 ft
Germany

I had the same problem as the one in the initial description. I got here from Googling "DJI Mini 2 find panorama photos".

The good thing is that I found what I was looking for: DJI Mini 2 in fact DOES NOT generate any wide/panorama photos on the SD card. It stores the individual photos correctly (albeit in JPG format instead of DNG as configured), but the panorama is not there. True panorama is only available for viewing through the app, meaning that I now have to completely unpack the drone again and connect through the app, etc etc.
That's pretty bad usability tbh... but hey, at least the solution to the problem is known. The app can generate the panorama when it's connected to the drone and SD card is in. Good.

One really annoying thing about my experience so far is that 90% of this thread/post is just noise... feel free to go back and read through it. It's so misleading. I get that people are just trying to help, and I don't mind reading through long threads to learn new things - in fact that's why I'm here - but this post (and maybe even the whole forum) is 90% "check your software" and "check your SD card" and "check something else". There were even suggestions to install paid 3rd-party software for something the drone app already does! Please no. Being in IT myself, I very well understand that the basic stuff is usually the problem, but we don't have to mention it 100x in each thread. It can be a generic default response to each post and that's that. Continuing with posting means "I checked, please seriously look into this". This noise then misguided even the DJI folks into thinking there's something wrong with the SD card, then things got off the rails... they should do better documentation and feature explainers for sure, but introducing unnecessary confusion is not helping.
2022-6-29
Use props
djiuser_7JYPxne5PcGu
New

Germany

milosmns Posted at 6-29 03:15
I had the same problem as the one in the initial description. I got here from Googling "DJI Mini 2 find panorama photos".

The good thing is that I found what I was looking for: DJI Mini 2 in fact DOES NOT generate any wide/panorama photos on the SD card. It stores the individual photos correctly (albeit in JPG format instead of DNG as configured), but the panorama is not there. True panorama is only available for viewing through the app, meaning that I now have to completely unpack the drone again and connect through the app, etc etc.

Even worse: reading the whole thread I didn't find the answer to the fact that, the panorama generated from the app is NOT a full-sized image, but a smaller version of it.

Because of this, if you want the whole resolution of the panorama you DO have to use a 3rd-party tool (be it paid or not).

I think the issue with the amount of spam in this forum compared to, let's say, a more specialized one like mavicpilots is that everyone that has a DJI drone has an account here, so it's inevitable that this is going to get a lot of low-quality posts from newbies and wannabees
2022-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules