RC losing signal, instability issues, and GPS calibration warnings
475 4 2021-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
destroyer1225
New
United States

I have had my Mini 2 for 75 days now. I have almost 10 hours of flight time. I have had absolutely no issues until the last firmware update. Just within the last week I started getting RC disconnections and the Drone is not as stable when sitting still as it was before. I've had the controller disconnect on me about five times now but prior to the last firmware update this has never happened.  Also when sitting still and trying to record the drone wants to turn and move out of position. Also i have had many GPS calibration warnings. I have calibrated the GPS. All of these issues just started in the last week or so. Im assuming it has something to do with the update. Anyone else having issues?
2021-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

First off you cannot calibrate GPS so maybe some other calibration.

Updating FW , its pretty common with some dji FW updates that although it reaches 100% something does not click and your best option is to use dji assistant to refresh FW update. Unless many users are having problems this is most likely local to you, so this is what I would advise, it should help.

Was calibration Compass ?
2021-5-9
Use props
destroyer1225
New
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-9 11:28
First off you cannot calibrate GPS so maybe some other calibration.

Updating FW , its pretty common with some dji FW updates that although it reaches 100% something does not click and your best option is to use dji assistant to refresh FW update. Unless many users are having problems this is most likely local to you, so this is what I would advise, it should help.

Yes my mistake. It was compass. I didnt know about the assistant so ill try that out. Thank you.
2021-5-9
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Never do a calibration near metal even where there is rebar in the concrete or a car and that goes for both controller and drone.
Also signal loss can be cause because of the cable not going into the iPhone threw the iPhone mount or if the iPhone had a case it also can prevent it from going in all the way.
2021-5-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, destroyer1225. Thanks for reaching out! If you're experiencing constant signal loss, please check the position of the remote in relation to the aircraft. The signal between the aircraft and the remote controller is most reliable when the antennas are positioned in relation to the aircraft as depicted below.

When performing the compass calibration, DO NOT calibrate the compass in locations where magnetic interference may occur such as close to magnetite deposits or large metallic structures such as parking structures, steel-reinforced basements, bridges, cars, or scaffolding. Also, DO NOT carry objects that contain ferromagnetic materials such as mobile phones near the aircraft during calibration.
2021-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules