Multiple Parallel Battery Rapid Charger, they work?
3997 4 2014-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rdelrosario
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

Hi

I have seen in Ebay and Amazon this kind of multiple battery charger. Is like a strip that you connect up to 3 battery at the same time using your regular Charger. Since I have several Battery and the time to recharge one take more that the time u fly !!

Can anyone tell your opinion,

They really works?
Have any effects on the battery?

Thanks.
2014-11-25
Use props
humboldt710
lvl.2

United States

The ones I saw looked a bit sketchy in terms of construction, but they may function well.
2014-11-25
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I've read that what ends up happening is batteries charge in order (not at the same time) so you may end up with a battery station that just charges one after another.  If they all work this way, sequential charging, then it really isn't much a savings other than queuing up one battery after another and saving you having to connect the next one.  For $39 I purchased a second charger and given the cost of some of the parallel units (~$80) I could add a 3rd.
2014-11-25
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

Plus, they look like they could potentially compromise the delicate battery contacts -- which are the weakest link between the Phantom and the battery.

I agree, just get additional charger(s).  
2014-11-25
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

I bought a multi charger a few months ago.  It will charge the three batteries at the same time. I connected the three batteries about 45 minutes ago, 1 battery was at 25%, second battery was at about 35 to 40% and the third battery was at about 60%.  It brought the first battery up to the second one, then brought up the 2 batteries up to the third one, now charging all three at the same time and it is almost finished.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phan ... hash=item43c905517e

They all have to be turned on before the charger is connected.  In fact, they just finished so about 50 minutes to charge full all three batteries.
2014-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules