532 4 2021-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MajBach
lvl.1
Flight distance : 266535 ft
Canada

Hi. First time here/fisrt post.
Bought a used Mini 2 for  bargain price expecting there would be something wrong with it and there  was. Flew fine but the camera was acting weird/shaky. Not knowing  anything about drones, I took it apart and discovered a large crack on  the gimbal mount that I managed to repair with glue and epoxy. Camera  has been steady and fine ever since except for one minor issue: "Gimbal  stuck" usually pops up after powering up. I can get around this if I  power up while holding it nose down. If I power up when it's level, the  left/right movement binds ever so slightly during its test cycle. It  seems that the back edge of the cylindrical gimbal housing contacts the  drone frame. When I look at it when it's apart, I cannot understand  why.

Today I had my first 'crash'; lesson learned about  using the camera to navigate tree branches. Didn't seem to suffer much  damage...nothing to the props and only the battery hatch hinge needed to  be reseated. But I soon noticed the gimble was stuck but this time  really stuck, like, no movement even when I used a finger. I had to pull  the gimble out a little to get it from contact on the frame in order to  get left/right movement. But, as soon as I let go, it was touching the  frame again.

Took it home and took it apart and to my  surprise, somehow there was a little more of a gap, but still not  enough. So, before I put it back together I want to understand how the  gimble seats properly. I've included three pics to help illustrate my  issue.

Thanks for your replies.

R

2021-5-9
Use props
MajBach
lvl.1
Canada

2021-5-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MajBach. I am sorry for they trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this issue is happening currently. I would recommend to contact our DJI Support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said issue to avoid further damaging the said unit and not to void the warranty of the said drone. Thank you and please stay safe always.
2021-5-10
Use props
MajBach
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I was hoping there may be and obvious or easy fix for this issue assuming it must not be isolated. Going the route of support through the company is often time consuming and costly and I was hoping to avoid that.
2021-5-10
Use props
djiuser_cPoHxgkLjuqa
New
Flight distance : 12894 ft
India

Hi There,

My Mini 2  met with an accident, can you help me understand how can I fix my gimble back
2021-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules