DJI Pocket 2 - Mimo App BUG [Video Preview] *Resolved
4869 9 2021-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlexIsLostAgain
New
Flight distance : 91880 ft
Cyprus

I've recently purchased the dji omso pocket 2 , along with it i did download the mimo app on my Android Samsung Galaxy s10+. Everything seemed to be working fine until i tried to preview one of the videos i shot through the mimo app. The images and panorama work fine when previewing , however whenever i  select a video to preview through the app the following things take place: 1.Mimo app turns black
2.Dji pocket 2 screen turns on ( while being plugged onto my mobile device)
3.Mimo app returns to home displaying 'The device has been disconnected'
4. Dji pocket 2 screen goes to video preview of the selected clip through the mimo app
5.Dji pocket 2 re-connects to mobile phone
6.Dji pocket 2 screen turns black
7. Mimo app detects pocket 2 and switches to the pocket 2 camera mode

Did anyone else have a similar issue ? Is it the compatibility with the samsung galaxay s10+ series ? or is it the .LRF files that the android or the mimo app fail to load due to enconding issues?

**ResolvedSolution:
It appears that the google play store (for Android) has an outdated version of the dji Mimo App. To fix this issue you have to directly navigate to the Dji website - DJI Download Center - Mimo app page ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo) and directly download the .apk file of the app and install it on your android device.

I've formated my SD card prior to using it on the dji pocket 2 , and formated it again after having this issue, i also went to the dji pocket 2 settings and pressed on format and even uninstalled the mimo app and re-installed it. Nothing seems to resolve this issue , if anyone has any additional information i would really appreciate your guidance.

2021-5-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Did you install the Mimo app from Google Play store or from DJI's own website? According to some sources, it should be downloaded and installed from DJI's own site, as the Google Play Store version might be outdated.
2021-5-10
Use props
AlexIsLostAgain
New
Flight distance : 91880 ft
Cyprus

HGDC84 Posted at 5-10 02:27
Did you install the Mimo app from Google Play store or from DJI's own website? According to some sources, it should be downloaded and installed from DJI's own site, as the Google Play Store version might be outdated.

That worked for me , thank you so much!
2021-5-10
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

DJI cannot update MIMO anymore to the Play Store since 2021. Everyone must install the latest version from DJI website. MIMO app once told this when opened the app. I think that notice did not to go all MIMO users..

Apple users do not have this problem.
2021-5-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AlexIsLostAgain. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is great to know that you were able to sort said the issue. Have a safe and a happy filming always.
2021-5-11
Use props
djiuser_6fuUVRrT8Y5X
lvl.1

United States

I tried this and it did not work for me, any other suggestions? I have a galaxy s 9 plus works perfect with a wired connection but not the wireless do it all handle. My device is officially listed as supported and I tried the apk on the website! Any help is much appreciated thanks in advance.
2021-8-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_6fuUVRrT8Y5X Posted at 8-12 22:42
I tried this and it did not work for me, any other suggestions? I have a galaxy s 9 plus works perfect with a wired connection but not the wireless do it all handle. My device is officially listed as supported and I tried the apk on the website! Any help is much appreciated thanks in advance.

There could be multiple reasons explaining the problem. I would suggest checkin out my thread at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 . It has some troubleshooting tips to solve connectivity problems. Maybe one of those solutions work?

Also, my list of compatible phones doesn't seem to include the S9 Plus version. Although it would be easy to imagine that working (being an upgraded version of a compatible model), there still might be factors affecting the compatibility.
2021-8-13
Use props
fans12cc854f
New
United Kingdom

Hi guys anyone having a issue with Dji mimo app. When i downloaded the app directly from dji app keep crashing . Its saying the app has a bug .
Screenshot_20211227-180723_Device care.jpg
2021-12-27
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

fans12cc854f Posted at 12-27 12:00
Hi guys anyone having a issue with Dji mimo app. When i downloaded the app directly from dji app keep crashing . Its saying the app has a bug .

What version of the app did you try to install? And on what phone/tablet?
2021-12-30
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42280 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's pretty poor work by DJI to make an app that has to be downloaded outside of the store. That, alone, tells us there are likely security issues. Come on DJI. Do better. My company will not allow me to install third party apps, outside of the Play or Galaxy stores.
2022-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules