DJI P1 New Firmware Release Notes (05/10/2021)
2164 4 2021-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
Release Date: 2021.05.10
DJI P1 Firmware: v02.04.01.02
Firmware Upgrade Method:        DJI P1 - SD card / Update All in App        
Other Product Firmware and Software Required: M300 RTK aircraft firmware: v02.04.01.02
M300 RTK remote controller firmware: v02.04.01.03
DJI Pilot App Android: v2.4.1.7 (M300)

What’s New?
  • Added lens activation. Activation will be triggered after firmware is updated.
  • Added one second timed shot in DJI Pilot when taking photos manually.
  • Added Oblique GSD in DJI Pilot.
  • Optimized resumption of interrupted flight route tasks in Smart Oblique. Aircraft will return to break point and adjust to flight speed and complete shooting sequence of previous waypoint.
  • Optimized camera exposure compensation to improve exposure accuracy of entire flight route.
  • Improved calculation accuracy of frontal overlap ratio in Smart Oblique.
  • Optimized estimation of photo numbers and flight time in Smart Oblique.
  • Fixed issue: white spots appeared in corners of DNG photos.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes
  • Follow steps to activate lens when prompted in DJI Pilot.
  • Make sure that the aircraft firmware, remote controller firmware, DJI P1 firmware, and DJI Pilot app firmware are updated to the latest.

2021-5-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2021-5-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Montfrooij Posted at 5-10 03:05
Thanks for the info!

Hello there Montfrooij. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-5-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-10 22:54
Hello there Montfrooij. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

Thanks you too!
2021-5-10
Use props
dim.kyr
lvl.2

Switzerland

Hello everyone,

I am writing here my question as I am new and I am not allowed to open a new topic. However, my question is related only to the new firmware attribute "Added Oblique GSD in DJI Pilot."

It is very useful for all of those who collect data having tilted camera and not facing down (90deg).

However, my main questions are about the respective calculation of it.

Please let me explain my thoughts which can help you understand my question and might be useful also for other users:

 In case of face-down camera, situation is like the following image:

Thus, we can use the two equations that you also mention on enterprise-insights.dji.com/blog/ground-sample-distance

GSDh= flight height x sensor height / focal length x image height;
GSDw= flight height x sensor width / focal length x image width

The two GSD values (h and w) I assume are applied for the whole pixel of image.

 However, in case of tilted camera situation is very different:

Above image represents the situation of a camera capturing data with an angle different than 90 deg, viewing it from the side.

As it is obvious, assuming that there are not objects in the field to block the view, area closer to the image basement will have much better (small) GSD than the area at the top of the image.
Thus, we can have lets say a best and worst GSD scenario for the image about the min (distance OA) and max distance (distance OC) to the ground.

There is also the Average measured distance (AMD) which is the one which cameras with distance sensor measure.

Based on all the above I assume that we can use the respective tilted distance (OA or OB or OC) to the
" GSDh= flight height x sensor height / focal length x image height " equation and calculate the respective GSDh value for the respective part of the image.

Respectively, we can do the same for the width direction of image. It is important to mention that in cases of tilted camera with angle different than 90deg, image shape is a trapezoid with small basement close to the camera and bigger one at the top (see following image).

In the controller at the moment, there are two presented GSD values, one for nadir capture and one for tilted ones.

Based on all the above, I think it is very important to:

-Clarify in which case (distance/area of captured image) the tilted GSD is referred to. Is it referred to the worse scenario which is the point C, is it referred to the middle of the camera (point B). or where?
- Distinguish the GSDh and GSDw as they can be very different between themselves in cases of tilted images. I know that generally the worst of the two values is used but in some cases it is useful the user to have both of them in order to be able to define better also the front and side overlap.

 Moreover, about the overlap definition, how the software define the distance between two consecutive images?

Assuming we have two consecutive images with side overlap as they are shown in the following image:

First image is the red one and then is coming the green one having an X % of side overlap. How the overlap is calculated?
In practice there are two ways:
-Per basement: so distance PC is the X % of the distance EC
-Per area: so the area PKBC is the X % of the area ABCE.

The two above mentioned ways give different results depends also on the camera angle. Thus, the methodology of images overlap calculation, especially for side overlap, is very useful to be known to some users with engineering background.

I know that for some users all the above information might be too much details but for some engineering companies who cares a lot for the final accuracy and try to optimize the data collection workflow it is very important.

Thanks once again for the amazing job you do and the continuous support.

2023-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules