Display overheats and dims, Air 2S and iPhone 12 Pro
1164 2 2021-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans663583ad
lvl.2

United States

I live in SW Florida which is typically 83-86 in May. I "upgraded" my M2P to the Air 2S. I am not certain the Fly app uses more CPU than the Go app, but my iPhone 12 Pro screen is doing the heat-override-dimming-thing. Anyone having issues with the iPhone 12 Pro screen when flying? Yes, I fly in the middle of the day, in the sun and heat, over water, from a beach. I find this behavior normal for Florida, lol. I have been flying for over 10-years with numerous DJI drones and never had this issue before. My iPhone auto dim is off, screen brightness is up to full, standard Fly app settings, standard phone settings. I have made one change, however. I turned on the charge option from the controller to iPhone. Any thoughts for a solution that does not involve spending more money? Any settings that help keep the screen "viewable"? It is very stressful to lose video feed due to screen dimming.

2021-5-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the troubles this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I would suggest clearing all other application that is not necessary to use when using the DJI Fly application and kindly please try to check the environment as well this can add heat to the said mobile device especially when the sun reflects on your device, this may affect the performance of your mobile device as well. In addition you may also try using a DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Monitor Hood. This remote control hood protects the smartphone screen in strong lighting conditions, reduces glare, and provides a clear image. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... roller-monitor-hood
2021-5-10
Use props
DaddyLee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 483619 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-10 19:17
Hello there. I am sorry for the troubles this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I would suggest clearing all other application that is not necessary to use when using the DJI Fly application and kindly please try to check the environment as well this can add heat to the said mobile device especially when the sun reflects on your device, this may affect the performance of your mobile device as well. In addition you may also try using a DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Monitor Hood. This remote control hood protects the smartphone screen in strong lighting conditions, reduces glare, and provides a clear image. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-air-2-remote-controller-monitor-hood

Well that's nice and dandy that phone charging is back, but we need an option to turn off auto charging. I NEVER used it in the past and had ZERO issues with overheating. Now, with it always on, you can immediately feel how much hotter my iPhone gets, as opposed to no charging mode.  Why the heck did you change it from optional charging, to no charging at all, to always charging? Makes zero sense. There are going to be a lot of your customers who are not going to be able to use their controllers in the heat. Is that something you want??
2021-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules