Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Charge DJI FPV Goggles V2 battery
17152 9 2021-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dr Vallo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59167 ft
Italy

Hi everyone, I'm new to the fpv world and just got some new DJI FPV Goggles V2.
Inside the box there is only a battery and a usb cable. I would like to ask you what is the best way to recharge the battery without damaging it. Is it okay to connect it to a usb 2.0 port on your pc?
Otherwise, is it possible to connect it to the power outlet using the USB cable and the USB transformer present in the DJI Mini 2?

If there are better and safer ways, I gladly accept your advice.

Thank you!
2021-5-10
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8235935 ft
United States

I dont believe this will work as they are 22 Volt batteries and typical usb output is just over 5 Volts... I am only taking a semi educated guess as I am not aware of the battery charging circuit containing a voltage transformer.
2021-5-10
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677028 ft
United States

The manual says that the goggle batteries are a Lipo 2S, 9v max and 1800 mAh. They charge off of the standard flight battery charging “brick” which has typical USB ports. I’m not sure what those USBs are set to for output, but I would think any typical USB should be okay to charge the goggle batteries.
2021-5-10
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Buster1 Posted at 5-10 03:49
The manual says that the goggle batteries are a Lipo 2S, 9v max and 1800 mAh. They charge off of the standard flight battery charging “brick” which has typical USB ports. I’m not sure what those USBs are set to for output, but I would think any typical USB should be okay to charge the goggle batteries.

"I would think any typical USB should be okay to charge the goggle batteries."

Yes, the battery charges just fine from any USB power source.

The battery allows all sorts of devices to charge it but it can only be used to power the goggles using the proprietary USB-C to power jack cable included with the goggles. You can't use the goggles battery as a power bank for other devices.

The goggles battery are likely two Li-Ion cells but it uses a boost regulator to output a higher voltage.

The goggles can be powered from a variety of sources. I usually use 12V to power the goggles but they should OK with up to a 6-cell LiPo pack as a power supply.
Edit: The output voltage from the goggles battery pack jumps around when not connected to the goggles. This is one reason why I think it uses a boost regulator on the output.
2021-5-10
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8235935 ft
United States

coyotejuice Posted at 5-10 03:49
I dont believe this will work as they are 22 Volt batteries and typical usb output is just over 5 Volts... I am only taking a semi educated guess as I am not aware of the battery charging circuit containing a voltage transformer.

They are correct my apology.  I was looking at wrong spec, has taken me half a day to find my post to correct it.  
2021-5-11
Use props
Dr Vallo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59167 ft
Italy

Thanks so much for your answers!
2021-5-11
Use props
IPvFletch
lvl.1

United States

The same power outlet which charges my Macbook Pro is able to charge the V2 Goggles battery..
2021-5-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dr Vallo. Good day and thank you for these information you have posted. To charge your DJI FPV's intelligent flight battery kindly pleas connect the AC power adapter to an AC power supply ( 100-240v, 50/60hz ). The charging time is approximately 50 minutes and it is recommended to discharge the said intelligent flight batteries to 30% or lower. This can be done by flying the said DJI drone outdoors until there is less than 30% charge left. Thank you.

2021-5-14
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-14 22:18
Hello there Dr Vallo. Good day and thank you for these information you have posted. To charge your DJI FPV's intelligent flight battery kindly pleas connect the AC power adapter to an AC power supply ( 100-240v, 50/60hz ). The charging time is approximately 50 minutes and it is recommended to discharge the said intelligent flight batteries to 30% or lower. This can be done by flying the said DJI drone outdoors until there is less than 30% charge left. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hello DJI Stephen,

that wasn't the question at all .....!  
Please read the original question carefully again ...!
2021-5-15
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 710197 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

frankymusik Posted at 5-15 07:55
Hello DJI Stephen,

that wasn't the question at all .....!  

Exactly!!! Jesus...
2021-6-6