2449 18 2021-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YoulluPukki
lvl.2
Flight distance : 346972 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Hi everyone, today I've almost lost my fpv.

I was using motion controller. At some point RC SIGNAL INTERFERENCE warning appeared and drone start to fly backwards. I have no control from 00:12sec at video.

https://yadi.sk/i/MrlkEZaXG4JOsQ

I'm pumped landing button in panic and drone suddenly reacted on it and landed safely. It was a miracle it's not injured anyone.

Have anyone have an idea what was that? Or anyone experienced something like that?
2021-5-10
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

The signal interference could be from normal sources but it could also be intentional.

There are people who use anti-drone tech to keep drones from flying in certain areas.

"It was a miracle it's not injured anyone."

Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable flying in an area with so many people.
2021-5-10
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Duane Degn Posted at 5-10 07:37
The signal interference could be from normal sources but it could also be intentional.

There are people who use anti-drone tech to keep drones from flying in certain areas.

This is highly illegal in the US
2021-5-10
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

KerryG Posted at 5-10 09:53
This is highly illegal in the US

"This is highly illegal in the US"

I think it's illegal in a lot of countries.

I think the jamming signal is very directional so the user is less likely to get in trouble.

Every so often I see a video where a drone just loses signal so quickly and completely that I wonder if they fell victim to one of these jammers.

The video I linked to was shot at a super yacht show. The seller might get away with selling the jammers by claiming it is intended for use in international waters.

I have a feeling some rich super yacht owners might risk using the jammer even when they aren't in international waters. I wouldn't be surprised if some ritzy villas use these jammers along with the super yachts.
2021-5-10
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

Wow! You were extremely lucky. An accident involving people could have happened!
2021-5-10
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

this is a good example, why you should not fly in the are with people around ... I hope the lesson has been learned ... I have no idea about signal jamming but it certainly seems as though there were very abrupt inputs sent to the drone. Almost tas though you just waved with your hand with the MC in it. I would expect the drone to stop and hover if not receiving a valid RC signal and not get bizerk as seen on the footage ...
2021-5-10
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677028 ft
United States

I’ve discussed this before and how poor the DJI manual is, but if you lose RC or goggle signal, the drone enters Failsafe RTH. It backs up and retraces the last 50M, then proceeds on typical RTH logic.

Read your manual, but yes, it’s poor and unclear about this.
2021-5-10
Use props
YoulluPukki
lvl.2
  • >>>
Ukraine

FlyingSnoopy Posted at 5-10 10:27
Wow! You were extremely lucky. An accident involving people could have happened!

Yeah. I'm sweated to pants. Lesson was taught.
2021-5-10
Use props
YoulluPukki
lvl.2
  • >>>
Ukraine

tomekyo Posted at 5-10 12:07
this is a good example, why you should not fly in the are with people around ... I hope the lesson has been learned ... I have no idea about signal jamming but it certainly seems as though there were very abrupt inputs sent to the drone. Almost tas though you just waved with your hand with the MC in it. I would expect the drone to stop and hover if not receiving a valid RC signal and not get bizerk as seen on the footage ...

Yep luckily it was early morning and no crowd around. Glad it was free lesson to me
2021-5-10
Use props
YoulluPukki
lvl.2
  • >>>
Ukraine

Buster1 Posted at 5-10 13:38
I’ve discussed this before and how poor the DJI manual is, but if you lose RC or goggle signal, the drone enters Failsafe RTH. It backs up and retraces the last 50M, then proceeds on typical RTH logic.

Read your manual, but yes, it’s poor and unclear about this.

Oh. I see. Should read one more time that part. Looks like it was it.
2021-5-10
Use props
sbarton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877110 ft
United States

It stops first before retracing steps when Failsafe RTH.  It also retraces steps slowly.  I do not think what happened to you was failsafe RTH.    It looks like maybe a large gust of wind hit the drone while you where turning.  The rates/angle it was at when it went out of control seemed more aggressive than what the motion controller normally allows which is why I think it may have been trying to compensate for a gust of wind.  
2021-5-11
Use props
YoulluPukki
lvl.2
  • >>>
Russia

sbarton Posted at 5-11 07:38
It stops first before retracing steps when Failsafe RTH.  It also retraces steps slowly.  I do not think what happened to you was failsafe RTH.    It looks like maybe a large gust of wind hit the drone while you where turning.  The rates/angle it was at when it went out of control seemed more aggressive than what the motion controller normally allows which is why I think it may have been trying to compensate for a gust of wind.

There was almost no wind at the moment on a beach. It looks like an electronic related accident.
2021-5-11
Use props
bstshotcomcast.net
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40207 ft
  • >>>
United States

The crazy part is, that you shot the gap between those branches towards the end of the video. Also, check out that dudes face when he see's the drone. LOL. But I agree, you got lucky and I'm just glad that no one was hurt.
2021-5-12
Use props
YoulluPukki
lvl.2
  • >>>
Russia

bstshotcomcast.net Posted at 5-12 06:53
The crazy part is, that you shot the gap between those branches towards the end of the video. Also, check out that dudes face when he see's the drone. LOL. But I agree, you got lucky and I'm just glad that no one was hurt.

Yeah, when you spent all points on luck )
2021-5-12
Use props
oriolbetriu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4894157 ft
Spain

Thanks for sharing YoulluPukki!

Who knows what went on. It can be anything but yes, always flying away off people is paramount.

Cheers,

Oriol
2021-5-12
Use props
YoulluPukki
lvl.2
  • >>>
Russia

Can it be glitch when drone reversed horizontal axis? It looks like it mirrored my commands and flew backwards. Can you fly backwards with motion controller? And it was happened right in a moment when homepoint was updated (I've lifted up with only 3 satellites it sight)
2021-5-12
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 710197 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Uau!!! That was dangerous! Has DJI say something about that?
2021-5-12
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 710197 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

YoulluPukki Posted at 5-12 10:03
Can it be glitch when drone reversed horizontal axis? It looks like it mirrored my commands and flew backwards. Can you fly backwards with motion controller? And it was happened right in a moment when homepoint was updated (I've lifted up with only 3 satellites it sight)

Sorry, that was a mistake. 3 Satellites?
2021-5-12
Use props
YoulluPukki
lvl.2
  • >>>
Russia

Pajomota Posted at 5-12 12:32
Sorry, that was a mistake. 3 Satellites?

Yes, at the moment of liftoff the satellite symbol was red and there were about 3 satellites in sight. It's common in Russian when you come to a new place. Usually the number of satellites rises to 9  in the next couple minutes so you can warm up a little.

And this strange maneuver with a reverse flight somehow  correlates with homepoint update.
2021-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules