Zebra stripes on Android app YESTERDAY
1404 11 2015-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
post.mobilverks
New

Norway

It's simply UNACEPTABLE not to have the Zebra stripes on the Android APP.

Does anyone have a way around to pilot the copter, control camera in the sun and get the footage correctly exposed?

DJI Team, c'mon, Zebra stripes is a must on any camera control app.

Notice: Nexus 7 owns nothing to iOS in latency, nor does Samsung S5
2015-7-18
Use props
kiwichrish
lvl.3

New Zealand

Live histogram helps a bit...  Just saying. :-)
2015-7-20
Use props
ImmortalCulture
lvl.2

Canada

Or you could just set to advanced mode and adjust until there is no white anywhere in the image.... or perhap set your EXP to -0.7 or -1..... ?  You can bump a shadow but you cannot crush a highlight!
2015-7-20
Use props
donnafreytag
lvl.1

United States

I'm very new to all this.... Can you tell me what are zebra stripes, and how are they used?  Where do you find them on the screen?  Thanks in advance!
2015-8-6
Use props
BuyDji.ca
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

I got similar issue. I will open another thread now with details.
2015-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

get ND Filterswhatever frame rate u r shooting, you want to double that number and then look at the ev value and that is the number for the ND filters that u need to get.
thx.
2015-8-6
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

donnafreytag@ea Posted at 2015-8-7 06:39
I'm very new to all this.... Can you tell me what are zebra stripes, and how are they used?  Where d ...

The "zebra stripes" are an indication of areas where the picture is overexposed. There are a few circumstances where this is really not a bad thing, but the stripes alert you to the potential condition.

That said, at the moment, you can only see and set for this exposure on an IOS device - it still isn't available for Android devices.
2015-8-6
Use props
BuyDji.ca
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

Hi,

It is a bug in the 1.3.2 Apple version of the app.

I hvane't seen in the 1.2.0 Android yet.

Please see:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=27245&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D240%26typeid%3D240
2015-8-6
Use props
donnafreytag
lvl.1

United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-7 08:47
The "zebra stripes" are an indication of areas where the picture is overexposed. There are a few c ...

how do you set the Ipad to show the zebra stripes?  Also, do you know how to save pictures on the Ipad.  After the new update, I was expecting my photos and videos to save on my Ipad, but after flying this morning, I could not find any pictures saved to my Ipad.  I notice two new folders under "albums" on the ipad, "DJI Import" and "DJI Works, but they are empty.  I'm assuming the pictures saved to the SD card, but I have not had a chance to check yet.  Thanks for your help
2015-8-7
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

donnafreytag@ea Posted at 2015-8-8 00:09
how do you set the Ipad to show the zebra stripes?  Also, do you know how to save pictures on the  ...

Glad to help where I could, but I'm not an IOS (Apple) guy. My "mobile device" is Android. Can't help you with that part.
2015-8-8
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

It is a must so it is not mandatory.
And if it is not on the android version it is maybe due to processing capabilities (like for the simulator).

I prefer to have the histogram on the screen than the over exposed zone warning with stripes : it is less invasive during a flight.
2015-8-8
Use props
klickener
lvl.1

United Kingdom

hi do they look like this? they are a pain in the butt. sometimes i cant see them on the tablet screen and think i have a nice vid or still. When i get home with a laptop/tv there they are . cant seem to turn them off. i would rather have a slightly overexsposed  vid than a striped mess.
php6SamimAM.jpg
php6SamimAM.jpg
2015-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules