Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problematic GPS Barrier
413 4 2021-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bodkins Best Photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2195374 ft
Canada

So I decided to take a flight in the self authorization zone today and  ran into some issues. Launching was the usual process, take off, tick  the check boxes and away we go.  Coming back was the issue.  As the  enclosed image shows, I was well outside of the red zone, yet when  flying back to the takeoff point my drone halted mid air and would not  proceed over an invisible line.  I actually had to land it 20 feet away  and go retrieve it by foot.   

unnamed.jpg
2021-5-10
Use props
Bodkins Best Photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2195374 ft
Canada

2021-5-10
Use props
CemAygun
Captain
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

The problem with no fly zones are that they are 3 dimensional, and because of that they are not properly represented on a 2D map. They taper outwards from the lines on the map with height (like a cone). This is why sometimes you can take off from an authorization zone, but suddenly your RTH gets disabled as the height you set for it would put the drone into the no fly zone cone. Probably if you had descended enough, it would have flown all the way back to the launch point...

2021-5-10
Use props
JohnDG
Captain
Flight distance : 885262 ft
Malaysia

Best is to check the no fly zones before flying.

Had such an experience too with another drone. Took off with no problems what seemed to be a non-fly zone. 15m away from me, suddenly I received the message I was in a no-fly zone and auto landing was initiated.
Turning around quickly and flying full throttle, I managed to get my drone into an area where I could reach it.

For some reason the GPS kicked in too late comparing its position with the no-drone zones in the drone, as it didn't let me take off any more like it did the first time.
Checking the area now with Airmap app on before.
2021-5-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello there Bodkins Best Photography. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. For additional reference I will post a link where in you can check the said location if it is free to fly your DJI Drone or if the said location is a no fly zone. Thank you and fly safe always.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
2021-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules