Unable to pair new Air 2S with Smart Controller, DJI Tech Support...
3860 5 2021-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
elasmomark
New
Flight distance : 227946 ft
United States

Just purchased the Air 2S last weeK (5-7-21), it will not pair/connect with the Smart Controller.

I have updated the smart controller DJI Fly app with no luck in resolving the pairing issue after selecting Air 2S option in the aircraft management menu.
When trying to connect, the drone goes into a yellow light flashing mode on the rear propeller legs while trying to connect after receiving the beep tones after a four second button depression. The pairing mode times out after a minute with no connection.  I am unable to add the drone to the aircraft management sub directory either. Repeated efforts/emails to Tech Support to get DJI to respond to this specific issue have gotten me nowhere, with DJI not providing any insight or solution. This drone has not even had a single flight, thus haven't even been able to purchase Care Refresh for it. This is my third DJI sUAS. Lost a Mavic Air 2 in a flyaway event. After which I purchased a replacement for the Mavic Air 2 and the above mentioned Air 2S.
Anyone have a solution for this problem?
Thanks all!
Mark

2021-5-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mark. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thanks for reaching out. It is required that you update your DJI Air 2S to version v02.04.16.40 via the DJI Assistant 2 ( Consumer Drones Series ) before it can be linked to the DJI Smart Controller that is already running V01.01.0040. Once that they are all running the matching firmware, they can now be linked and use together. Thank you.
2021-5-10
Use props
knutkomon.no
New

Norway

Having exact the same problem. Have downloaded the latest version of DJI Assistant 2, but I'm getting the message that the device is not supported when I'm connecting the Air2 S, and that I should download the correct Dei Assistant...
2021-5-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

knutkomon.no Posted at 5-30 05:43
Having exact the same problem. Have downloaded the latest version of DJI Assistant 2, but I'm getting the message that the device is not supported when I'm connecting the Air2 S, and that I should download the correct Dei Assistant...

Hi, there. You can try to download the DJI Assistant 2 from the link below and install it. If there is any further issue, please feel free to contact us. https://www.dji.com/air-2s/downloads
2021-5-30
Use props
djiuser_lCiIMMNNVKIS
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2021-5-30 20:26
Hi, there. You can try to download the DJI Assistant 2 from the link below and install it. If there is any further issue, please feel free to contact us. https://www.dji.com/air-2s/downloads

I Just purchased the Air 2S as I have a Smart Controller.
Downloaded the Assistant 2 with the link provided. Connected the drone to my PC. Updated the drone firmware. Had no issues linking the Smart Controller with the drone as per the instructions within the User Guide.
I have yet to unwrap the controller that came with the drone.
Thanks

2022-7-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_lCiIMMNNVKIS Posted at 7-1 10:24
I Just purchased the Air 2S as I have a Smart Controller.
Downloaded the Assistant 2 with the link provided. Connected the drone to my PC. Updated the drone firmware. Had no issues linking the Smart Controller with the drone as per the instructions within the User Guide.
I have yet to unwrap the controller that came with the drone.

Thanks for your update. You may test it at your convenience.
2022-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules