Black screen on phone. Camera works.
3158 13 2021-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
molocheto
lvl.1

Mexico

Hi,

I own a Mavic Mini and I fly it using a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra phone. I have been flying it with it for some time but then one day suddenly I cannot see anything on my phone screen. If I take photos or video, they are successfuly saved in the drone's SD (not black pictures), bit I just cannot see what the drone is seeing. I see the menus and camera options just fine, but the image is just black. Do you think it might have something to do with the cable or software? I have the latest Firmware I could get from the DJI Fly app.

Thanks.

2021-5-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there molocheto. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different mobile device to see if the issue persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy S21Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ). Thank you.
2021-5-10
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-10 21:47
Hello there molocheto. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different mobile device to see if the issue persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy S21Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ). Thank you.

Also I have experienced on P30 Pro Huawei (phone tested by DJI as compatible) a few Black screens and FLY app restarted...the drone was connected at remote, just APP crashed and restarted...Why?

For Samsung if you have Exynos CPU, we know is not working properly and the app is crashing...but at P30Pro what problems do you have that is crashing?
2021-5-11
Use props
molocheto
lvl.1

Mexico

Hello there molocheto. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different mobile device to see if the issue persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy S21Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ). Thank you.

I tested with a Samsung Galaxy S10 + and it worked as it should. It is very strange to me that the app supports older phones but it does not support flagship high end phones like the S21 Ultra. Will we expect the app to support this phone at some point in time or is it just not supported for good?
2021-5-12
Use props
Anklefoot
lvl.1

Canada

I'm having the same problem, with the same phone.

More than a little disappointed that the answer seems to be "buy another phone", rather than supporting the latest flagship by the largest phone manufacturer in the world.

Poor showing DJI.
2021-5-15
Use props
djiuser_9Ua4Zrpwib9G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30689 ft
United States

they should at least start working on it to make it compatible as it's samsungs new flagship phone and the summer time is coming up dissapointed that the only answer were getting is use a another phone ???
2021-5-19
Use props
djiuser_9Ua4Zrpwib9G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30689 ft
United States

just dissapointed
2021-5-19
Use props
spanzetta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1124738 ft
Italy

Guys.. issue is now fixed..
See other posts
2021-5-19
Use props
molocheto
lvl.1

Mexico

spanzetta Posted at 5-19 04:02
Guys.. issue is now fixed..
See other posts

It hasn't been fixed yet. I just tested again today with latest firmware and same result... black screen when drone connected.
2021-5-20
Use props
spanzetta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1124738 ft
Italy

molocheto Posted at 5-20 13:00
It hasn't been fixed yet. I just tested again today with latest firmware and same result... black screen when drone connected.

this has to be something else..
the problem with S21 is fixed with 1.4.2 .. confirmed by many users.
2021-5-21
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Guest I have my Mini back in the air. It's been the blank camera screen since the last App update 1.4.0 and a very expensive place holder. All good now 1.4.2
2021-5-22
Use props
Sjefern
New
Flight distance : 256 ft
Norway

Not fixed for me. Tried the 1.4.2 yesterday, and it was a black screen still. Had to go back to 1.3.
2021-5-23
Use props
molocheto
lvl.1

Mexico

spanzetta Posted at 5-21 04:11
this has to be something else..
the problem with S21 is fixed with 1.4.2 .. confirmed by many users.

Now I can confirm the issue got fixed with version 1.4.2. I had been using 1.4.0 before.
2021-5-31
Use props
djiuser_CIJF4Q6ygqMb
New

United States

Updated today and still black screen brand new s21 ultra...obsurd from dji
2022-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules