V2 Goggles shutting down without warning?
1256 6 2021-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
didirNewCal
lvl.1

New Caledonia

Hi,

I received my fpv combo a few weeks ago and everything worked just fine for the first few flights.
Today when trying to get my drone in the air something really strange happens.

I turn on the drone, the RC, and then the goggles. I can see through the  goggles for a few seconds, everything seems normal (camera feed,  batteries and RC status) and then the goggles shut down by themselves  without warning. They are charged, the drone and RC are charged.. I  don't understand what I did wrong.

I'm using the original cable from the powerbank to the goggles. I have not changed anything whatsoever. Perfectly default configuration and updated once every item out of the box on first setup.

When I try to turn them back on again it works for an even shorter time,  as if some hardware temperature protection was preventing it from  staying on.

Any Ideas, please?

Thanks a lot in advance

Update: I left them aside for about and hour and I could get them running for about 15 minutes (from 95% batt to 87%) and they shut down again.
Any help hugely appreciated thanks!

2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 848038 ft
Canada

Have you done an update firmware recently?

Just a heads up when you do get a response from an Admin or Mod, you may want to do this for them...

Hi there, sorry for the issue. Just to verify, did you refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant2 before the "Flysafe database error" occurs? If not, please confirm whether you had manually updated the [aircraft safety database] on the app? At the same time, the below information is needed:
1.Screenshot of the [About] page of the goggles V2, need to see the version number of the aircraft [Flysafe Database];
2.Take Aircraft to connect to the DA2 to export the Controller Aircraft Data,choose "Log Export";
3.The specific time node when  "Flysafe database error" appears.
Please upload the logs to Dropbox or Googles Drive and then share the link with me. Thanks.
2021-5-10
Use props
didirNewCal
lvl.1

New Caledonia

Hi and thanks a lot for your feedback.
I'll go back home now and try the latest firmware to see if that changed anything.
Have a nice day
2021-5-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there didirNewCal. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this issue is happening on your DJI Goggles. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2021-5-10
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Just an FYI (For your information), it's generally considered bad manners to make multiple forum posts on the same topic. Not a big deal (the first time someone does it).Having duplicate posts can be annoying for multiple reasons. One reason duplicate posts are annoying is duplicate information can end up being posted as replies. It can easily end up wasting the time of the people you are asking for help.

Again, not a big deal (the first time).
2021-5-11
Use props
didirNewCal
lvl.1

New Caledonia

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I actually hoovered all the slots and cables and it came back to normal.
Apparently there as some dust or sand preventing the contact from staying sable. Everything is back to normal now!
Thanks a lot

PS: I noticed I posted in the wrong section first, that's why I created an other thread in the proper forum. Thanks
2021-5-19
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

didirNewCal Posted at 5-19 14:16
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I actually hoovered all the slots and cables and it came back to normal.

"I posted in the wrong section first"

I learned yesterday that it is possible to move a thread from one forum to a different forum.
There's an option when editing the top post to select the forum. You probably already know this but I didn't realize this was an option until yesterday.

It's good to hear you got things working again.
2021-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules