RSC 2 what happens when the battery dies or wears out?
5683 6 2021-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ripper2020
lvl.1

United States

I've been researching the rsc 2 and was pretty close to pulling the trigger until I realized the battery is built into the gimbal and is not replacable.  As it's a battery, it will wear out over time.  Is there any way to replace this battery? Will DJI service the device and replace the battery?  

If I'm going to spend $700 plus on the unit plus accessories, there's no reason it should only last as long as the original battery.
2021-5-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, if there is any batteries issue on the RSC2, our repair center can help to check and fix it. Please do not worry for this sitiation.

Thanks
2021-5-17
Use props
ripper2020
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-17 01:17
Hello there, if there is any batteries issue on the RSC2, our repair center can help to check and fix it. Please do not worry for this sitiation.

Thanks

It's not a question of IF, it's a lithium battery.  It will wear out over time.  This makes the product guaranteed to run into battery issues eventually.  Very disappointing that the rsc 2 does not have a user replaceable battery.  It would help keep these gimbals out of land fills longer.
2021-5-18
Use props
djiuser_mtng8I4LXjIC
New

United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-17 01:17

Thanks

The concern raised is valid and serious.

This was not a meant to be treated as a cheap product and the battery should be user replaceable. It's the only reason I've cancelled my order and returned to the seller my brand new (unopened) RSC-2 for full refund.

Please consider releasing the necessary information (eg a technical manual) to explain how the internal battery can be replaced by third parties.
2021-9-4
Use props
djiuser_1ufAbU37VMeF
New

Spain

After weeks of looking for a gimbal to buy, and having it pretty clear that the RCS2 was my best option, I had to return it because of the great idea of not being able to replace the battery yourself in an easy and economical way. In a device like this that costs a lot of money, it is very painful to give it for dead without going through its repair center, which we do not have any information of the costs, which for sure are not cheap at all. It is not a broken product, you understand? It's just a dead battery. As far as I'm concerned you can thank the engineers, or rather the decision making department, for being so cool. Thanks for wasting my time. The RCS2 was really the best gimbal of all, but unfortunately I had to choose the Moza Aircross 2, which has the best battery system. Congratulations guys for such an unfortunate decision. The best thing you could do is to provide the batteries in the stores and a manual to change them by yourself. But I know that's not going to happen. So congratulations. The best thing you could do is to provide the batteries in the stores and a manual to change them by yourself. But I know that's not going to happen. So congratulations. I am very happy with my new and durable Moza Aircross 2.
2021-11-18
Use props
djiuser_E3jah58JyfYu
New
Flight distance : 51906 ft
Germany

After a lot of research I've now come to a conclusion. I've wanted to buy the RSC2 right now, having my finger already on the BUY button, but this problem and the answers from DJI are not satisfying to me. I recently had a dead battery on my Mini 2 drone after I've charged it for about 10-15 times. I wasn't able to use the drone for a few month and now one nearly brandnew battery is dead. What if this happens to the battery inside the RSC2? I don't want to be forced to charge/discharge the RSC2 even if I don't use it for a longer time. I don't trust the DJI battery management anymore and knowing that I have to send it back to DJI if there is any problem with the battery isn't going to work for me.

Sorry DJI but I think this concept is a no go for a product in this price range. Now I have to buy a product from another brand, even if I don't want to. Perhaps this isn't as good as the DJI product but I'm able to change the battery if there is any probem with it without having to contact the support and sending in the whole gimbal for repairs where I don't know what the costs will be in the future.

I don't understand this design policy only that you are able to advertise it with a few hours more of battery life? Interesting to know what happens to your brand if the first batteries are starting to fail because they have reached their end of life (which is an absolute certainty because it's the nature of general battery design).

Sorry DJI but I think this will be a problem for you in the future. And answers like:

"Hello there, if there is any batteries issue on the RSC2, our repair center can help to check and fix it. Please do not worry for this sitiation."

from your support are a joke not satisfying at all.

Imagine buying a car where you are not able to change the tires in the future without sending in the whole car not knowing if there will be any costs or how long this will take. Would anyone in your marketing or engeneering team do that?
2022-4-10
Use props
Anand Z
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112723 ft
  • >>>
India

I should have seen this post before I bought my RSC2.
2022-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules