Custom unlocking not working on SMART CONTROLLER
7504 18 2021-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mfpnetgmail.com
lvl.3

Italy

Hi all guys, I'm getting very frustrated once again with the issue of authorization zones. I'm using a mavic 2 pro a mavic 2 zoom and a smart controller.

I live in a place where i often need to pass through "blue" zones that can be easily self unlocked via dj go or through the dji section of the website. Therefore I applied for a more general and longer custom unlock which was granted immediately and it's available already for the selected flight controller # under the "unlocking license" section.

HOWEVER no matter how many times I try, once it's imported into the aircraft and I "flag" green the selected authorization zone and click on the 2 boxes (I assume responsability etc etc), on the smart controller i get "User authentication failed".

PLEASE NOTE that everything works perfectly if I use my phone attached to the stock RC and use the dji go app.

WHY ON EARTH is the SMART controller not accepting custom unlock ? what is the problem with the authentication ? The SC *IS* connected to the internet and every self unlock request made (that is not a custom unlock) is working fine.

please help! could this be a problem of the FW of the smart controller or the dji go app?

thank you for your help
michele falzone
2021-5-11
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

It may not do anything, but try logging out of the DJI Go 4 app and log back in.  I've had that resolve a problem I had a couple of times.  Not sure it will help you, but its an easy thing to give a try.
2021-5-11
Use props
mfpnetgmail.com
lvl.3

Italy

KlooGee Posted at 5-11 07:09
It may not do anything, but try logging out of the DJI Go 4 app and log back in.  I've had that resolve a problem I had a couple of times.  Not sure it will help you, but its an easy thing to give a try.

INCREDIBLE !!!! IT DID work!!! How is that possible?
well thanks a lot Captain you saved me a LOT of frustration and time!! I was going to factory reset my smart controller !
thanks!!
2021-5-11
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mfpnetgmail.com Posted at 5-11 07:28
INCREDIBLE !!!! IT DID work!!! How is that possible?
well thanks a lot Captain you saved me a LOT of frustration and time!! I was going to factory reset my smart controller !
thanks!!

Glad it worked out!  Happy flying to you!
2021-5-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there michele falzone. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is great to know that you were able to sort the issue after following the instructions given by KlooGee. Again, thank you and fly safe always.
2021-5-11
Use props
djiuser_Pxd4MYsPMZ8q
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16608 ft
United States

KlooGee Posted at 5-11 07:09

How do I log out of the go 4 app on a smart controller?
2021-5-20
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

djiuser_Pxd4MYsPMZ8q Posted at 5-20 03:54
How do I log out of the go 4 app on a smart controller?

Go to your profile and Logout .... ))))
2021-5-24
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried rebooting the Smart Controller?
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

Or perhaps logging out?
2021-7-3
Use props
djiuser_fpKSa7SqR7HR
New

United States

Hi, I have the DJI 2S and want to fly in a restricted area by my house.  I have the FAA approval code, I have the license on my DJI smart controller that use DJI Fly.   I import the license to my drone as it says to due and it says imported.  That all works.  But then when I go to unlock the license on the smart controller, the unlock switch does not show up.   Any ideas or has anyone seen this?

Thanks
Kevin
2021-9-10
Use props
fans416b9ee7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3448 ft
Nicaragua

KlooGee Posted at 2021-5-11 07:09

Impressive that it worked, thanks a lot!
2022-5-29
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans416b9ee7 Posted at 5-29 09:12
Impressive that it worked, thanks a lot!

Happy to hear this helped you out!
2022-5-31
Use props
Hogster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2677126 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just wanted to say thank you for this tip! It worked on my Mini 3 Pro Smart Controller which wouldn’t allow me to unlock an Authorisation Zone as it just said “Restart app”. So I logged out and in of DJI Go 4 on my iPhone and then it worked!
2022-6-2
Use props
Phil Brinkman
lvl.2
United States

Worked for me, too! Thanks, KlooGee. That was driving me crazy.
2022-6-4
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hogster Posted at 6-2 08:32
Just wanted to say thank you for this tip! It worked on my Mini 3 Pro Smart Controller which wouldn’t allow me to unlock an Authorisation Zone as it just said “Restart app”. So I logged out and in of DJI Go 4 on my iPhone and then it worked!

Happy it worked out well for you too!
2022-6-8
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Phil Brinkman Posted at 6-4 11:06
Worked for me, too! Thanks, KlooGee. That was driving me crazy.

Awesome!  Glad it worked out!
2022-6-8
Use props
fansae5bc530
New
Flight distance : 142559 ft
United Kingdom

Worked for me as well back here in UK.

Cheers for great tip.
2022-6-9
Use props
studioap
New

France

KlooGee Posted at 2021-5-11 08:14
Glad it worked out!  Happy flying to you!

amazing !!! it was just that ))))) thanks a lot
2023-2-27
Use props
steve\
lvl.2
Flight distance : 380000 ft
United States

Yes.  I had the "user authentication failed" problem after a repair plus a firmware upgrade.  The "sign out" then "log back in" solved the problem.  Many hours wasted trying other tricks.  
2-19 13:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules