Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Buying my first drone, I need help. Mavic Air or Spark?
673 8 2021-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WhyIcantpost?
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a drone for the first time and would love some feedback from more experiented drone owner. After hours of reading I find out that new smaller drone lost some great feature. Mini et Mini 2 lost their follow me mode.... Basically I would like to buy a small drone ("pocket size") and have a follow me/ active track mode. Would be the Mavic Air a good choice or even the spark?

Please bring back the functionnality of the small drone. I like to travel and do outdoors. A bigger drone is really a big draw back.

Many Thanks

Jeremie

2021-5-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If you want a drone with follow me mode, buy an Air 2
Spark is not reliable, out of the blue it will go into ATTI mode.....

If you can buy a second hand SPARK for 10 usd, go for it and accept you will loose it one day  ;-)

cheers
JJB
2021-5-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

The Air2S is a good drone with a good camera and flight modes. It is also small and compact but will not fit in your pocket
2021-5-11
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spark is not fold-able so you would need a very large pocket. Air is the smallest one with active track. The Air2 is better but the drone is larger and so is the remote. Mavic Air is not made anymore so you would have to buy it used. (~$350?)
2021-5-11
Use props
Djimaniac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821801 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think you would be good with the mavic air. You can get a good deal on a used on. Get a fly more combo. Mine does everything "I" need it to. If you just want a "new" drone, my opinion is the mavic air 2, not s....i just dont see $300 difference.  Like i said, just my opinion.  
2021-5-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jeremie. Good day and thank you for these information that you have given. I will post a link where in you can compare the specifications all of the DJI consumer drones including the DJI Mavic Air and the DJI Spark ( https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav ). Thank you for your support.
2021-5-11
Use props
fans063618eb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 502267 ft
Greece

Jeremie as a mavic air drone owner i have only good things to remember. I would propose it but unfortunately you should be aware that this drone has been discontinued. So you must count that too. I have flown mini 2 and been excited with its fly. You should look at it.
2021-5-12
Use props
WhyIcantpost?
lvl.1

United States

Every comment where truly appreciate! You helped me. I won't go for the spark. I will focus on the Air, Mini2 or Air2. In the next day I will go try the mini2 and Air2 of some friends.
2021-5-13
Use props
Martyzion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1976608 ft
United States

A used Mavic Air can be had for under $400 and makes an excellent first camera drone.  That said, I love flying my Spark and haven't had any issues since I've been using a battery clip.
2021-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules