Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SOLVED - Blurry Video - But Clear When Paused
1127 14 2021-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SharkWatch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3740089 ft
United States

Any idea whats causing this? Seems to have started after the latest MA2 firmware update.

Thanks
2021-5-11
Use props
EmpieDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741102 ft
Belgium

This looks like a wrong fps setting. As the rule of thumb you need to use a  double shutter speed as the frame rate. So 24 or 25 fps is about a shutter speed of 1/50. And don't forget to use also the same frame rate by importing in a montage app.  Normally when not using ND filters the shutter speed is way too fast in sunlight,  then you get stuttering images. But this seems to be the opposite? So too slow shutter speed? So blurry images?

2021-5-11
Use props
SharkWatch
lvl.2
United States

24fps at shutter speed of 50. Nothing new.
2021-5-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

SharkWatch Posted at 5-11 12:29
24fps at shutter speed of 50. Nothing new.

Are you editing that to get the freeze frames?
2021-5-11
Use props
SharkWatch
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 5-11 14:45
Are you editing that to get the freeze frames?

Yes - just trying to show the problem I"m having.

Video looks blurry, but clean when I pause.
2021-5-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

SharkWatch Posted at 5-11 14:49
Yes - just trying to show the problem I"m having.

Video looks blurry, but clean when I pause.

That material looks like it is from the cache in the phone. What you are seeing is normal for low bit-rate video. The video file direct from the SD card in the aircraft should look better.
2021-5-11
Use props
SharkWatch
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 5-11 14:56
That material looks like it is from the cache in the phone. What you are seeing is normal for low bit-rate video. The video file direct from the SD card in the aircraft should look better.

This is the file direct from the sd card.

Shot in 4K at 24 fps and dropped into a 24 fps timeline in Final Cut.
2021-5-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

SharkWatch Posted at 5-11 15:41
This is the file direct from the sd card.

Shot in 4K at 24 fps and dropped into a 24 fps timeline in Final Cut.

Something is not right with regard to that file. It looks like the bit rate is too slow. Can you find out what rate the file is?
2021-5-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SharkWatch. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the specifications of the microSD card that you are using please? In addition can you please try using a different recommended microSD card for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

2021-5-11
Use props
MisterFrag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

Check for a possible framerate mismatch (23.97 vs. 24].
2021-5-11
Use props
SharkWatch
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-11 19:45
Hello there SharkWatch. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the specifications of the microSD card that you are using please? In addition can you please try using a different recommended microSD card for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

[view_image]

Its a Sandisk Extreme 64Gb v30 A2 Micro SDXC that I bought from DJI and has been working for about a year just fine. But yes, I can try another card.
2021-5-12
Use props
SharkWatch
lvl.2
United States

MisterFrag Posted at 5-11 20:07
Check for a possible framerate mismatch (23.97 vs. 24].

Thanks. File framerate and FCPX timeline rate are both 23.98.
2021-5-12
Use props
SharkWatch
lvl.2
United States

Solved!

The issue had nothing to do with MA2 - Final Cut Pro has a setting to show Better Quality video or Better Performance. I was set to better performance which blurred the video.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
2021-5-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

SharkWatch Posted at 5-12 11:30
Solved!

The issue had nothing to do with MA2 - Final Cut Pro has a setting to show Better Quality video or Better Performance. I was set to better performance which blurred the video.

Good to hear you solved it. I am guessing it was a bitrate problem in the end.
2021-5-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

SharkWatch Posted at 5-12 10:43
Its a Sandisk Extreme 64Gb v30 A2 Micro SDXC that I bought from DJI and has been working for about a year just fine. But yes, I can try another card.

Hi there SharkWatch. Thank you for the reply and for the update. It is great to know that you were able to sort the issue out and for sharing how you have rectified the said issue. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules